Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

mycomicshop.com Auctions2110

Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone participated in an auction at mycomicshop.com? Is there anything of note that differs from an ebay auction?

I'm thinking about bidding on a book, so any and all insight is appreciated. Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I actually have some stuff in this prime auction. I also bid in their auctions and win stuff regularly. Let's see they have a small buyers fee think it's like 3 percent or so. Shipping is great, on mine they do the UPS to USPS shipping and it's 4.95 no matter how many you win. The packaging is insanely good slabs are shipped in their own box inside a box. They take basically all forms of payments paypal,credit card ,checks just about everything except shiny buttons If it's unslabbed books your looking at their grading is the tightest in the hobby. It wasn't always this way with them but in the last couple of years the grading is top notch.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@JWKyle, perfect, thanks for the information. I've purchased raw and slabbed books from them on ebay -- whether consigned or otherwise -- and have always been pleased. So I'm now checking out their auctions, hoping I can score a good buy.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
If you have winning bids in their auctions they will go to your shopping cart you can add anything from their website also to your cart before you checkout. So you can combine stuff in any way you want. Also I just noticed I didn't see your country flag under your name not sure if your in the US or not I don't know how their international shipping works for people not in the US.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Kcolli private msg quote post Address this user
I have won some bids from my comic shop. Jwkyle said it perfectly. They are a great company to buy from. The always have auctions. If there is a book you want bid on it. They don't put reminders for time remaining. They will email you if you have been outbid though.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks again for the information. Given a conversation in a separate thread, I'm wondering whether buyers can snipe or the auction site ads time for each bid input within a certain amount of time prior to the close. Any insight on that issue?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Midnightowl private msg quote post Address this user
Any bids within the last three minutes adds an additional three minutes to the auction. The auction keeps getting extended until there aren't any new bids.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Midnightowl, thanks.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Comicdey private msg quote post Address this user
Some deals to be had on raw copies
Post 9 IP   flag post
600771 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?