Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop CultureQuestionsSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Anyone know anything about these books?21045

Collector Nate79 private msg quote post Address this user

Crazy Because I found these out in the Wild the other night. Hip Comics had some decent Values on them but I couldn't find any examples of these books on eBay. I found one that was A signature series CGC and it was signed by Clayton Crain. The only opportunities I know of for getting things signed are when CBCS or CGC do private Signings. I live in Canada so it's rare that we have shows close to home that have anyone decent there let alone reps from CGC or CBCS. I've noticed a ton of signed books on these threads called "slabs I just got back! Does anyone have any suggestions as to my best options for getting these Joker Comics signed by Clayton Crain? Does anyone know if they are valuable?
I came across these the other night when I was meeting up with a guy who had one comic advertised on Facebook Marketplace. It was a CGC 9.6 copy of Venom #1 Jan/2017 Dell"Otto Variant. I've been pretty much devoted to just collecting ASM vol.1 and don't know much about other books but now that I'm getting near completion of the run it's getting harder to find issues I need so I've been exploring other titles. I think venom is a cool character and he was selling the slab for just $50 Canadian dollars so I thought I couldn't lose here's a pic of the book. I edited out the CGC label so I'm not advertising CGC here

Anyway when I met up and purchased the book he offered me a short box full of really cool covers. A ton more Venom Dell"Otto Variant covers and a bunch of them included trade dress and virgin sets and a bunch of other titles. When I got home I started scanning them to my hip comic collection. It took a while! It was an entire short box of books and other than 9 issues of Superman there was nothing else in the box that hip Comics didn't put a value less than $50 bucks on! I couldn't believe it . But I couldn't find most of them on eBay and the ones I did find the prices were all over the place. It would be nice to know what some of them are worth because some of them is rather just sell than keep . But most of them are cool and I will keep them. Anyway here's a few ofy favs starting with the label of the venom#1 I was coming to buy when he offered me the additional short box for $100

Anyway if anyone has any knowledge about these books I'd really value your input. Or if you have any suggestions as to how I can get Clayton Crain and/or Gabriel Dell'otto signatures I'd appreciate it so much
Post 1 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know if those Joker’s are worth much. The release was a fairly large print run plus there were 40+ variants. There is a signing with a submission deadline in October. If you like it and really want it signed, go for it. If your goal is for something higher valued to be signed, like Venom the End 1 (C2E2 variant), then go for one of those. Crain captures the essence of Venom and Carnage very well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector soonerjudd81 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been collecting Crain books for a few years now - and agreed he does some fantastic symbiote! As for the Joker books, if you just want it signed (not graded), catching him at a show is the best bet. I think he’s only booked for NYCC right now though. If you do want it graded, the CGC mail in Jake mentioned is a great option. I think Dell’Otto has been doing regular signings with CGC as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Yea ditto with what the others said.

If you want to get them signed, send them in to CGC. HOWEVER, I would make absolutely sure that they are flawless before you send them in. You won’t want to spend over $100 to get it signed and it come back graded as a 6.5…

You’re better off having someone screen them for a best estimate of a grade. If it’s a high grade, send that one in. JMO.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
I don’t know if those Joker’s are worth much. The release was a fairly large print run plus there were 40+ variants. There is a signing with a submission deadline in October. If you like it and really want it signed, go for it. If your goal is for something higher valued to be signed, like Venom the End 1 (C2E2 variant), then go for one of those. Crain captures the essence of Venom and Carnage very well.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is "Venom The End#1" or the (C2E2) variant?
Also did you notice the Joker books were limited print 2 of them limited to 600 copies and one limited to a 1000? I can't remember if I had mentioned that or not already.
Post 5 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate79

Also did you notice the Joker books were limited print 2 of them limited to 600 copies and one limited to a 1000? I can't remember if I had mentioned that or not already.

Retailer variants rarely have much value, despite the print runs. The publisher's own ratio variants usually do better, despite no real info on print runs.

Short of having them signed and CGC-labeled, the ones you showed don't have much value.

Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Ahh... good ol' Clayton Acetate Wife Stealin Crain.
So so happy to see people still supporting him. A real stand up guy
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

What I'm attempting to do I wouldn't necessarily call "supporting" him. I stumble across a few of his variant covers out in the wild when I bought a short box full of random books for almost nothing. I discover that 2 out of three of the Crain covers are selling between $500-$600 when signed and graded. So I'm considering having that done prior to trying to sell them .
Personally I would consider what I'm doing to be "exploiting" more than "supporting"
Post 8 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate79
I would consider what I'm doing to be "exploiting" more than "supporting"

Amen to this!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

Yeah, the guys a joke.... and the other guys ex-wife is also worthless...
I used to support his @ss but after finding out how he really is, I sold all my Crain cover comics and un-subscribed to his email shop...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Indeed he is a joke and a clown.

I love when he puts the 20 colored pens in one hand for his stupid rainbow signature that kooks pay $100 for. As if it's "art" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He is after all the rhinestone maestro
Post 11 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t have any Crain, but I love those signature options.

Why the hate? Curious because I just don’t know. 🤷‍♂️
Post 12 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Because the guy is a P.O.S.
Post 13 IP   flag post
616096 13 13