Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating / cooking part 520981

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Lunch with a view.

Post 151 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Artichoke chicken with mushrooms.

Post 152 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 153 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Took a 40 minute road trip to Port Colborne...for a lovely break

Perch on a bun..aaand a boat came through the canal...even honked his horn!!

Also bought a few pounds of perch, smoked trout and pickerel cheeks!!

Post 154 IP   flag post
Never actually had pickerel cheeks before...figure the tried and true pan fry in butter once lightly dredged in flower with dill, slat and pepper maybe some garlic will do the trick!!
Post 155 IP   flag post

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Never actually had pickerel cheeks before...figure the tried and true pan fry in butter once lightly dredged in flower with dill, slat and pepper maybe some garlic will do the trick!!
I didn’t know about that until my mid twenties. My grandpa owned a walleye/pickerel charter and I grew up eating it but apparently he or my grandma knew about it either.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Took my second personal day of the year. Picked some maters and started a shoulder last night for my fantasy draft tomorrow.

Post 157 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
I didn’t know about that until my mid twenties. My grandpa owned a walleye/pickerel charter and I grew up eating it but apparently he or my grandma knew about it either.

no idea why..but my Dad never bought them, then I never got them..and I've know about these for decades....so figured - lets give it a try!!!
It's just fish...can't go too wrong!!
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:

no idea why..but my Dad never bought them, then I never got them..and I've know about these for decades....so figured - lets give it a try!!!
It's just fish...can't go too wrong!!
They are delicious. You need a decent sized fish for them as well. I didn't catch any this year but last year I caught four. None were large enough for the work.
Post 159 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Pork chops and mac n cheese

Post 160 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Stopped at Brickley’s for ice cream last night.

Post 161 IP   flag post
Chicken nuggets with kickin' ketchup.

Post 162 IP   flag post
Cooked up the pickerel cheeks..very tasty...will make sure to pick up more in the future!!

Post 163 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 164 IP   flag post
My kid made chocolate chip pancakes to stock herself up for the week. I might have to try one tomorrow.

We made a pound of bacon into "millionaire" bacon. I took precautions and still have to buy new cookie sheets tomorrow. The plan was using it for BLTT's. The two T's don't stand for titties at all, it's tomato and turkey.

Lastly, a nice beefcake, I mean Beefsteak tomato sliced up.

Post 165 IP   flag post
Millionaire bacon requires a foil lined pan sprayed with Pam and a piece of parchment paper laid on top of that.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Spent about four hours yesterday digging clams (actually raking for quahogs) in the Bay. Just steamed up a few tonight, and will make some chowder tomorrow.

Post 167 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Millionaire bacon requires a foil lined pan sprayed with Pam and a piece of parchment paper laid on top of that.
Only one of the two was a goner. They were sprayed and lined with parchment but unfortunately I didn’t run it up the sides. That’s where all the damage occurred. I replaced them today but I’m sure I can use them for a lot of things still. Just not baked goods. Worst of all, the bacon was waaaaay to sweet for me.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Made some delicious clam chowder.

Post 169 IP   flag post
Kept it simple tonight. Just threw a few quahogs on the grill and when they opened up, added a dollop of garlic butter.

PS - We also cooked up a few burgers and dogs.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Other than smoking a turkey we have never made one otherwise. There was a whole breast in my freezer so we tried Test kitchens high crispy skin roast. Best turkey I ever had. The stuffing was new and the beans were a new breed we never grew. I’m tinkering with the idea of Thanksgiving here.

Post 171 IP   flag post

Post 172 IP   flag post
Orange chicken.

Post 173 IP   flag post
Boneless pork ribs in tomato sauce.

Post 174 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
The wife and I had dinner at a nice little Thai place after attending a small comic convention yesterday.

Post 175 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Italian for Sunday night family dinner.

Post 176 IP   flag post
Honey chicken with broccoli.

Post 177 IP   flag post
I understand lasagna photos are repetitive but the sauce for this was made from tomatoes harvested 2 days ago,

Post 178 IP   flag post

Timmy is anxiously waiting for his 1 am giant cheeseburger. Hopefully he'll stop driving me insane.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Baked chicken with pasta.

Post 180 IP   flag post
618097 245 30