Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating / cooking part 520981

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
One would think…….
Post 126 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Looks good!
Post 127 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I've had to go for the nuclear option in my garden defense

I went from thinking I'd have too many tomatoes to now being almost decimated despite having a frame built around the garden with bird netting and chicken wire

I was on the BBQ and could hear a noise from the garden..when I approached I saw a flicker of movement and a fat tail...a rat...a RAT!!!! never had that before - rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks, even voles one year - but never a RAT

fencing and netting keeps the others out or a live trap and relocation program for smaller critters but the rat breached the perimeter by simply nosing under the netting and being too small for the chicken wire....so I left a 'treat' for Ratatouille and the 'treat' is now gone...I hope that it is the end of my problem and the remainder of my tomatoes will make it to the end of the season unscathed!!!
Post 128 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics have you considered hiring this guy?

Post 129 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I've had to go for the nuclear option in my garden defense

I went from thinking I'd have too many tomatoes to now being almost decimated despite having a frame built around the garden with bird netting and chicken wire

I was on the BBQ and could hear a noise from the garden..when I approached I saw a flicker of movement and a fat tail...a rat...a RAT!!!! never had that before - rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks, even voles one year - but never a RAT

fencing and netting keeps the others out or a live trap and relocation program for smaller critters but the rat breached the perimeter by simply nosing under the netting and being to small for the chicken wire....so I left a 'treat' for Ratatouille and the 'treat' is now gone...I hope that it is the end of my problem and the remainder of my tomatoes will make it to the end of the season unscathed!!!

anti-freeze bologna sandwiches is your solution.

Post 130 IP   flag post

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
quick, late dinner.

pepperoni, cheese, onion, honey-hot drizzle on naan bread.

Post 131 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC looks like it's Italian night.

Post 132 IP   flag post
Kid made zucchini bread.

Post 133 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Zucchini bread is in my top three breads!
Post 134 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Flourless chocolate cake 🍰

Post 135 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quick and easy breakfast.

Post 136 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Most turkey bacon is awful, but this was really, really good.

Post 137 IP   flag post
We haven't grown a "beefsteak" tomato in almost 10 years. They don't lend well to canning. Unfortunately our canning crop is low this year and we planted a beefsteak to replace one that didn't hold. It's like slicing a ham for christ's sake's.

Post 138 IP   flag post
Grabbed a 10oz pack of pulled pork from the freezer and added 3oz of tamale sauce I found in the freezer as well. Good bye bbq sauce!

Post 139 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
My old man dug up some giant sweet potatoes.

Post 140 IP   flag post
Another installment of what I am not eating now so I can eat later!!
Let my lettuce go to seed...old seeds expired 2yrs ago...still germinating fine but figured I would harvest some seeds to add to the old!!

Will do this for 1 other lettuce variety...Oooooo....saved a few $$. More of I guarantee to get the type I want vs maybe not finding that type of seed next year

Post 141 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Garlic rolls and baby back ribs

Post 142 IP   flag post
Good Lord. Just the thought of the messy fingers involved makes that one a no. It looks good, though.
Post 143 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

Yeah I typically never order ribs but they are suppossed to be known for theirs. I used a knife and fork. It came off the bone quite easily so not too messy. Granted I only had like 2 pieces.
Post 144 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Good Lord. Just the thought of the messy fingers involved makes that one a no.

@DrWatson Did something similar happen to you recently and now you can't wash your hands?
Post 145 IP   flag post
No, but it beats the alternative.

Post 146 IP   flag post
Hehehehehehe!
Post 147 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Tomatoes and parsley fresh from my garden.

Post 148 IP   flag post
It hasn’t been a great year but this is ok.

Post 149 IP   flag post

Post 150 IP   flag post
Lunch with a view.

Post 151 IP   flag post
Artichoke chicken with mushrooms.

Post 152 IP   flag post

Post 153 IP   flag post
Took a 40 minute road trip to Port Colborne...for a lovely break

Perch on a bun..aaand a boat came through the canal...even honked his horn!!

Also bought a few pounds of perch, smoked trout and pickerel cheeks!!

Post 154 IP   flag post
Never actually had pickerel cheeks before...figure the tried and true pan fry in butter once lightly dredged in flower with dill, slat and pepper maybe some garlic will do the trick!!
Post 155 IP   flag post
618097 245 30