Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating / cooking part 520981

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know why I'm torturing myself looking at all of this food. I can't eat anything. I'm preparing for a colonoscopy. TMI LOL?!
Post 101 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
Chicken. It’s always chicken.
Post 102 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Good luck, Brother.
Post 103 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Tried something new. A taco omelette - leftover taco-seasoned beef, tomatoes from the garden, sprinkle of shredded cheese on top, and some salsa. Pretty tasty!

Post 104 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
I made cinnamon rolls this morning for my son and his girlfriend, and she's allergic to cinnamon
Post 105 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe she'll get the message and steer clear.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson ..lol!
Post 107 IP   flag post
It's the most wonderful time of the year!!
Need to dial back this year.
Last year I grew my own cucumbers and had to proper pickle things and still have many jars...but this is 1st batch of counter fermented pickles for the season!! (dill and garlic from the garden)

Post 108 IP   flag post
Ooooo...wine and cheese and TV shows!
Smoked cheese from my January batch!

Post 109 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user

Post 110 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Wish I could eat more pork.

Post 111 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Wish I could eat more pork.

Wipe the weeds off that plate and you can have more pork.
Post 112 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 113 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
We pulled all the cucumbers today to make way for a batch of beans and carrots. The pickles and peppers were good from the first batch so we used them all up after we gave some away. Two jars have a habanero in it.

Post 114 IP   flag post
Days ago but BLTT’s (I add deli turkey) and stuffed peppers.

Post 115 IP   flag post
My son is big on traditions, and for so many years, this was the week that we would go camping at Acres of Wildlife. Well it’s been about 4 or 5 years since we stopped going (sold the camper too). We had a great time and a bunch of different families would all reserve the same week every year and get together and hang out for the week. Over the years, our kids grew up, some went to college, some moved around, some even got married, etc. Fewer and fewer of the regulars showed up, and there was that year where no one traveled (that pretty much put an end to it for us). Anyway, every Thursday evening at the campground, you could order a special meal at the dining hall that my son and I would look forward to. So he asked me to recreate it this year. Here’s what I came up with:

Post 116 IP   flag post
I'm not a lobbyist for Oberto or Jack Links but I do try to spread jerky knowledge. Even thought that stuff sucks I'd like to illustrate why jerky can be pricey. It's probably been a year and a half since I made any and it's even more clear why I strayed from it.

This is just the meat. Fortunately it was very lean so I only lost a half pound to fat. If I'm LUCKY I'll have half this weight as a finished product.

That doesn't account for the money in say a gallon marinade nor wood pellets, chips, electricity, and time and dishes.

Moral of the story? If you get a few pieces of good tasting jerky and its still 5 bucks, be glad you didn't make it.
Post 117 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I'll simply agree. Making jerky is expensive and extremely labor intensive.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I'll simply agree. Making jerky is expensive and extremely labor intensive.
I used to just put it my dehydrator. Now I start it in the smoker and finish it in the dehydrator.

Edit: Also I didn't mention, I'll be surprised if its 2.5 lbs of finished product.
Post 119 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

Kinda have to put it in smoker in our case. The dehydration machine does not get hot enough to kill bacteria. Plus brother refuses to use artificial smoke
Post 120 IP   flag post
My dehydrator hits 170. It was usually 8 hours. Now I do 2-2.5 in the smoker at 200 and then 2 hours in the dehydrator. My cook time is fool proof at this point. I’m pretty well dialed in on my marinade for a per lb basis but this time may differ. I might have used a pretty high scoville of hot sauce.
Post 121 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Candied pecan pancakes, again. I over did it on the whipped cream. That wasn't exactly a bad thing.

Post 122 IP   flag post
Ground beef burrito

Post 123 IP   flag post
Here you have it. Eleven 4.2 OZ packages. I ate a couple along the way and there is a tiny snack bag in the fridge.

Post 124 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad That should last you a few days...
Post 125 IP   flag post
One would think…….
Post 126 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Looks good!
Post 127 IP   flag post
I've had to go for the nuclear option in my garden defense

I went from thinking I'd have too many tomatoes to now being almost decimated despite having a frame built around the garden with bird netting and chicken wire

I was on the BBQ and could hear a noise from the garden..when I approached I saw a flicker of movement and a fat tail...a rat...a RAT!!!! never had that before - rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks, even voles one year - but never a RAT

fencing and netting keeps the others out or a live trap and relocation program for smaller critters but the rat breached the perimeter by simply nosing under the netting and being too small for the chicken wire....so I left a 'treat' for Ratatouille and the 'treat' is now gone...I hope that it is the end of my problem and the remainder of my tomatoes will make it to the end of the season unscathed!!!
Post 128 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics have you considered hiring this guy?

Post 129 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I've had to go for the nuclear option in my garden defense

I went from thinking I'd have too many tomatoes to now being almost decimated despite having a frame built around the garden with bird netting and chicken wire

I was on the BBQ and could hear a noise from the garden..when I approached I saw a flicker of movement and a fat tail...a rat...a RAT!!!! never had that before - rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks, even voles one year - but never a RAT

fencing and netting keeps the others out or a live trap and relocation program for smaller critters but the rat breached the perimeter by simply nosing under the netting and being to small for the chicken wire....so I left a 'treat' for Ratatouille and the 'treat' is now gone...I hope that it is the end of my problem and the remainder of my tomatoes will make it to the end of the season unscathed!!!

anti-freeze bologna sandwiches is your solution.

Post 130 IP   flag post
618097 245 30