Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating / cooking part 520981

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

How'd Timmy get in there? 😂
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

No. Im not native to Florida. Thank goodness. I moved to Florida at age 5. I'd like to think I kept a little amount of sanity.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Slow roasting a brisket....started at 12:30pm EST....will be finished in 7 hours at 7:30pm.

This was my first time making brisket and it was fantastic.....it was delicious and all that tried it agreed.

Here is the video I followed for this incase anyone is interested.

I used a regular Costco rub.

Post 29 IP   flag post
@GAC, I have to admit, I’ve been to intimidated to try a brisket.
Post 30 IP   flag post

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
93% great rub

Post 31 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

I was too. It's a big hunk of meat that would be very sad if it doesn't come out right. The instructions are pretty straight forward in the video.

Highlights:
- get bbq to 300F and maintain throughout duration
- full deflector plates in (shield meat from direct flame/coals)
- spray meat with apple cider vinegar every hour for first 4 hours
- when complete, let sit for 15-20 mins.
Post 32 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
With a big hunk of meat it's generally best to start off gently. Comfort builds with time...
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

I was too. It's a big hunk of meat that would be very sad if it doesn't come out right. The instructions are pretty straight forward in the video.

Highlights:
- get bbq to 300F and maintain throughout duration
- full deflector plates in (shield meat from direct flame/coals)
- spray meat with apple cider vinegar every hour for first 4 hours
- when complete, let sit for 15-20 mins.
I could rock 300 degrees but probably more like 225 in the smoker.

I saw an interesting vid on Twatter the other day. A guy that showed how to pick a brisket. I guess you want to see if it bends when you buy it.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
With a big hunk of meat it's generally best to start off gently. Comfort builds with time...

That’s what she said
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 36 IP   flag post
Some evening tomato harvesting before the squirrels get them.

Post 37 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - I am jealous! Soon, very soon for my plants.

Post 38 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Candied pecans.

Post 39 IP   flag post
So I had roughly 8 ounces of smoked pork loin in my freezer.

So we tried this. From ATK's One Hour Comfort.

WORST SANDWICH EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Pizza!!!
My recipe makes enough for 2 so I have the spare in the freezer for another day

Post 41 IP   flag post
@flanders @esaravo
I am engaging in warfare with rabbits and squirrels.
Had to build a frame around my garden and put up netting...only to find a rabbit inside the enclosure..so chicken wire also went up...so far so good fingers crossed!
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@flanders @esaravo
I am engaging in warfare with rabbits and squirrels.
Had to build a frame around my garden and put up netting...only to find a rabbit inside the enclosure..so chicken wire also went up...so far so good fingers crossed!

I am fighting this battle as well....and losing....even with 2 dogs that spend alot of time in the backyard...these freaking rabbits still eat my garden!

Post 43 IP   flag post
I live trap them and move em.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:

You mean eat em? I could've sworn you said you have an attractive cousin that you send them to for cooking.

Post 45 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
We have problems with ground hogs, rabbits and raccoons.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:

move them to a pot??
Post 47 IP   flag post
@esaravo those are some great looking tomatoes and some bigger ones too. I'm only growing cherry tomatoes 🍅
Post 48 IP   flag post
Squirrels used to get shot and eaten by my father in law. Rabbits get live trapped and moved to fields down the road.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Pecan crunch pancakes.

Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Pecan crunch pancakes.

Forwarded to wife to make lol....looks fantastic!!! You put a bottle of Aunt Jamima beside those pancakes and you have yourself a professional print ad. Beautiful!!
Post 51 IP   flag post
All it is was chopped up left over candied pecans sprinkled over yesterday's left over pancakes, lol.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
All it is was chopped up left over candied pecans sprinkled over yesterday's left over pancakes, lol.

Banana in the pancake strikes me a complimentary flavour to the pecan....might be a tasty combo.
Post 53 IP   flag post
You're on your own there.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@GAC if your gonna do banana pancakes, you gotta have peanut butter to spread on them.
Post 55 IP   flag post
618097 245 30