Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating / cooking part 520981

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I thought Tobasco sauce was similar to Champagne...in that Champagne comes from an area in France and everything else is sparkling wine. Tobasco sauce is made in an area in Louisiana and everything else is a type of hot sauce.

well..that may be.... but if I make a hot sauce from tabasco peppers you can't tell me that it's not tabasco sauce!!!

Now to be fair...I will not be fermenting and barrel ageing for 3 years....I will ferment my peppers though for at least 2 weeks...maybe a few months???

I wonder if I added liquid smoke if that would approximate the flavour of barrel ageing for 3 years.....if I have enough for 2 batches I might need to test it out!!!

Oh yeah, for sure....I don't even know if what I stated is true...just more a point of interest than anything else. I'm sure your sauce will turn out great....let us know how you make out.

I love Tobasco sauce...above all others..including Franks. Tobacco is perfect heat level with tons of flavour.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Sunday night dinner with cherry dump cake for dessert , had to fire the smoker up today.

Post 252 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Empanada’s, chicken bacon quesadilla, rice.

Post 253 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It’s my wife’s birthday today, so I took her to a diner that we had never tried before (a diner is our usual go to place for breakfast or lunch, no matter where we are). My french toast was excellent.

Post 254 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Cheesy sausage and hashbrown breakfast casserole.

Post 255 IP   flag post

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
We visited a hibachi spot for the first time to celebrate our 20th anniversary. It was pretty good but I’m not sure as to the difference for numerous Chinese food dishes that are damn near the same for less than half the price. Obviously you can tell the differences in leftover amounts which plate was my wife’s and which was mine.

Post 256 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad happy anniversary to you and your wife, 20 is a big one!
Post 257 IP   flag post
Sweet & sour chicken.

Post 258 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Last harvest of the season, the Carolina Reapers really took off the last month or so. Looks like this years batch of hot sauce is gonna have some extra giggity.
Post 259 IP   flag post
Grilled tuna, sushi rice and kimchi

Post 260 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
When the weather starts to get cooler, I start making soups and stews, comfort food. Here’s a thick and hearty tomato-based soup with ground turkey, carrots, celery, onion, zucchini, beans, pasta ands lots of herbs and spices. It’s a quick and easy meal, but there’s a bit of slicing and dicing.

Post 261 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
This is my new go to: a cheese quesadilla with Mexican rice, guacamole and pickled jalapeños inside. Positively addictive!

Post 262 IP   flag post
Spicy pumpkin pie. 🥧

Post 263 IP   flag post
@DrWatson number one reason I look forward to Thanksgiving
Post 264 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Red beans minus rice
Cornbread better than dr Watsons BUT it has sugar. Dolly partons duncan hines mix.

Post 265 IP   flag post
619041 265 15