Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC knowingly damaging books?20972

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
my 434...is bowed inside.

Looks like the problem then goes further back than last December submissions. When was your graded?

Grade Date: 11/06/2023
Post 201 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I may need to go back to my rule about no new labels.
Post 202 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
my 434...is bowed inside.

Welcome to the class action lawsuit. I'm going to check my slabs and see if I qualify.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
I have two that start in 4314 and 4318 that were graded 9/6/23 and 9/26/23 that are both bent badly.
Post 204 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Welcome to the class action lawsuit. I'm going to check my slabs and see if I qualify.

I said this in jest, but I'm assuming there will be one. This forum seems like a good place to post a new thread (since CGC won't allow it on theirs) and maybe someone can start a website, similar to the Hero Restoration issue, where people can submit their claims. This definitely isn't something people should look the other way on. It appears CGC does not care about the hobby and has no integrity by continually ignoring this issue.

Edit: I'm a big fan of several auction houses, but if they've known about the issue and have chosen to ignore it as well, I'm sure they'll be added as defendants.
Post 205 IP   flag post

I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
It looks to be "within specifications" to me. 🤣🤣🤮🤮💀💀

When did they turn into an engineering organization tossing around that horseshit word "specifications"?

They couldn't engineer their way out of a paper bag; or a plastic one, even
Post 206 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Can't Gaurntee Crap...
Post 207 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I have one book with a 44 number that I am aware of. There is a visible curve to the inner well, but it is very slight. The book appears fine.
Post 208 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 209 IP   flag post
Moneyball comics posted a videabout this and said; quote" you can't deny cgc's popularity " He's right on that; you can't HOWEVER I'm not risking any books being mashed like taters.

Time to take the goggles off.
Post 210 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Can't Gaurntee Crap...

Post 211 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Quote:
Can't Gaurntee Crap...

Hey, thanks local carp! 👍
Post 212 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I said this in jest, but I'm assuming there will be one. This forum seems like a good place to post a new thread (since CGC won't allow it on theirs) and maybe someone can start a website, similar to the Hero Restoration issue, where people can submit their claims. This definitely isn't something people should look the other way on. It appears CGC does not care about the hobby and has no integrity by continually ignoring this issue.

Edit: I'm a big fan of several auction houses, but if they've known about the issue and have chosen to ignore it as well, I'm sure they'll be added as defendants.

If you read between the lines of my posts it isn’t too difficult to see where I may be headed… if CGC’s statements to me were false and with intent to have me continue with their processing of my submission (when I requested the books otherwise be returned to me).
Post 213 IP   flag post
Or logical carp....crap!
Post 214 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicNinja0215 👏👏👏🤣🤣🤣
Post 215 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
@ComicNinja0215 👏👏👏🤣🤣🤣

I'm low on cafine and sustenance and it's hot as crap out here. I'm doing my best 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Post 216 IP   flag post
I don’t think this was posted here, but this is a link to a CGC forums thread that I watched last Fall about CGC’s shenanigans. Talk about a major screwup!!!

Look at the OPs photos. What a disgrace. The book was handled poorly. Makes you wonder if it was on purpose.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/528967-i-am-done-with-cgc-completely-fed-up-major-slab-holder-issue
Post 217 IP   flag post
Looks like there is a clip in the well to gold the book in place. I'm not sure this is
Necessary...
Post 218 IP   flag post
I love the people that say cbcs is going to under because cgc does signature verification now...

I'm sure these people were conceived under power lines.
Post 219 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS's next ad should just be a screenshot of the CGC email saying bowed books are acceptable now and not warped.

still blows my mind.
Post 220 IP   flag post
@HotKeyComics the next executive for cbcs advertisement! You heard it here first.
Post 221 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
It bows my mind.
Post 222 IP   flag post

Post 223 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I have little to no sympathy for anyone still using this dumpster fire of a company.....especially when a far far superior alternative exists....what's the definition of insanity? repeat the same behavior but expect different results? Stop using this shit show poor excuse of a company and all the bullshit stops.
Post 224 IP   flag post
I'll post pictures from Nycc of thr cgc lone. Any bets it isn't as long as other years?
Post 225 IP   flag post
Collector 1979_03 private msg quote post Address this user
It's good to breathe the air of the CBCS forums....

Time for CBCS to capitalize with a marketing and social media campaign to the effect of; Our slabs won't bend you books replete with images or drawings!

Based on a single mod post on PSA forums it appears they now aware of the CGC slab debacle.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1105617/psa-entering-comic-and-magazine-grading-world-in-2025
Bear in mind they are Sports Cards peeps who of course have much lower IQ's than us Comic Book Collectors
Post 226 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979_03
It's good to breathe the air of the CBCS forums....

Time for CBCS to capitalize with a marketing and social media campaign to the effect of; Our slabs won't bend you books replete with images or drawings!

Based on a single mod post on PSA forums it appears they now aware of the CGC slab debacle.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1105617/psa-entering-comic-and-magazine-grading-world-in-2025
Bear in mind they are Sports Cards peeps who of course have much lower IQ's than us Comic Book Collectors

Welcome! It's a very different atmosphere than across the street. I knew that when I first showed up here. Unfortunately. I bought into all the hype.
Post 227 IP   flag post
@1979_03

Post 228 IP   flag post
Reading the PSA boards and I don't really see anything appealing about it. Nothing different than the service I can get here.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector 1979_03 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Reading the PSA boards and I don't really see anything appealing about it. Nothing different than the service I can get here.

The Mod there seem to be aware. They are encouraged to run things up the ladder.

Pressure placed up CGC from PSA will aid CBCS. Reason is, once a customer spits/splinters from a long-term relationship they will more open to other relationships. If they test out PSA, they may then also be far more willing to give CBCS a whirl.

Sometimes it takes more than 1 David to slay a Goliath.
Post 230 IP   flag post
616564 607 30