Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC knowingly damaging books?20972

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
With all the shenanigans going on over there, I switched the book I was going to send to cgc ( even with the incentive they gave me)to CBCS. This is the second time I've done this within a month. Sorry, not sorry.
Post 151 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Between depressed graded values & CGC incompetence, I'm all but done for awhile.
Still doing Signature series as they carry a premium, on average.

But I can get less aggravation from digging into a honey badger's den than dealing with that company in sarasota that is worse run than the mickey mouse club
Post 152 IP   flag post
I just didn't want to risk it. It's scary, I like the cgc case but there are a lot of instances where this a bigger problem than just a few bad inner wells that got through.

Pgx has more credibility and thats hard to say.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Annnnnd my last book from cgc is bent inside, what a shocker!!! Cbcs all the way. I'm heading over rhee to turn my membership off. Hopefully, you guys can welcome me back.
Post 154 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Hopefully, you guys can welcome me back.

I wasn't aware that you left again. It's hard to keep up with your decisions that are always in flux.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

I wasn't aware that you left again. It's hard to keep up with your decisions that are always in flux.

Yeah I know lol. I feltnlikeni could use both equally and it would be okay; side note, it's not.

CGC is skid mark on the underpants of society and the hobby. The mark has been made and well, I can't do this anymore.

No more cgc books.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Thank God I didn't send them my spidey 100...oh dear lord.
Post 157 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

He's flipped more than a pancake.
Post 158 IP   flag post
@DrWatson no lies detected...
Post 159 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

It’s good opsec to vary your routine. Keeps people on their toes.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Mike, I tied to give them the benefit of the doubt but holy crap! You know, everyone here tried to warn me but noooooo....
Post 161 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Post 162 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

At least we can laugh about this lol
Post 163 IP   flag post
On a serious note; it appears they tried to make the cases more tamper resistant but in the process are crushing customers books.

You were so concerned with wither or not you could that you didn't stop to think if you should. ...

Ha, that's a great line.
Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
This video popped up on my feed...this guy explains his experience and my mouth dropped when I saw the Wolverine #1 damage, how can they do that and ship them knowing they're all jacked up ....worth a watch.

Post 165 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
how can they do that and ship them knowing they're all jacked up

simple... they don't care
Post 166 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
How CGC manages to continue to get buisness is the real question....they are the John Gotti of grading....teflon.....nothing sticks.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
How CGC manages to continue to get buisness is the real question....they are the John Gotti of grading....teflon.....nothing sticks.

Until it does. The flippers/profiteers won't have kind things to say if it affects their wallets with returns or a dip in sales. They're the ones along with the shops who are in bed with the Sarasota Shit Show who need to speak up but money says more than words ever could.
Post 168 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Until it does. The flippers/profiteers won't have kind things to say if it affects their wallets with returns or a dip in sales. They're the ones along with the shops who are in bed with the Sarasota Shit Show who need to speak up but money says more than words ever could.

Agreed, but when will it ever stick? Problem after problem after scandal after problem yields no repercussions for this company. If the house hasn't burned yet....what will it take to even start that fire?
Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Agreed, but when will it ever stick? Problem after problem after scandal after problem yields no repercussions for this company. If the house hasn't burned yet....what will it take to even start that fire?

When people just stop giving them money. Fewer and fewer submissions means less revenue and less business. One lost customer turns into two, to four , to ten, to 100. I smell a mass exodus on the horizon.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
People would rather be wrong then change their mind
Post 171 IP   flag post
Cgc won't see another dime from me ever again. Quote me on that and hold my feet to the fire .
Post 172 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

When people just stop giving them money. Fewer and fewer submissions means less revenue and less business. One lost customer turns into two, to four , to ten, to 100. I smell a mass exodus on the horizon.

This mass exodus has been predicted after every problem/scandal/fiasco....what's different now?

I agree with what @Jgwalters100 posted....I also think people like to complain but won't actually do anything about it. I believe these CGC problems/scandals are a boon to comic youtubers who are in constant need of content topics.....public outrage is in fashion these days so there's that.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

This mass exodus has been predicted after every problem/scandal/fiasco....what's different now?

I see your point; it's the same old argument . Something bad happens at CGC everyone says it's going to cripple their business and so on. Then nothing happens and they just keep right on going with the same song and dance. However, as this thread suggests; they are knowingly damaging books. They also seem to care less and less about it; how could even CGC loyalists tolerate that?? And for how long??
Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I agree with what @Jgwalters100 posted....I also think people like to complain but won't actually do anything about it. I believe these CGC problems/scandals are a boon to comic youtubers who are in constant need of content topics.....public outrage is in fashion these days so there's that.

I would add there are likely plenty of people who might be oblivious to it. Casual collectors and submitters may not lurk on the forums of any grading company or watch the content spewed by the "influencers". They honestly may not know of the issues with CGC.

That said, we live in an age of information, and misinformation, at our fingertips. It would always behoove one's self to educate and inform before spending your money on some trash.
Post 175 IP   flag post
It's hard because if I'm keeping a book I'm using cbcs. But when you are selling it's hard to just accept less profit. Because sadly that's how it is.
Post 176 IP   flag post
I don't typically have this issue in the event I sell something. I don't list a CBCS graded book for 35% less than its CGC counterpart.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Yeah me either. I'm happy to win auctions for a 15 percent discount and get cbcs books. I prefer em but cgc seems to win out price wise. I'd prefer it didn't because I haven't used them in over 2 years.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Every CBCCS book I'm bidding on always seems to go for current market price or more.

I mean, yeah, if you list your Rom 27 in an auction that starts at $1, then you're probably going to be disappointed.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Well that's good to hear. While I buy a fair amount I'd imagine there are many of you more knowledgeable and buying and selling much more then me. If they are going for equal then that's really good to know and is one more reason to not use cgc.
Post 180 IP   flag post
616565 607 30