Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC knowingly damaging books?20972

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics 👍
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like they need to merge PGX's inner well, CBCS's case, and CGC's customer service and we'd have the perfect solution. Forget the grading....
Post 602 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCoulson
Sounds like they need to merge PGX's inner well, CBCS's case, and CGC's customer service and we'd have the perfect solution. Forget the grading....

You might be on to something here.
Post 603 IP   flag post
Pgcbcsgc...

Ya know what, just call it crazy go nuts university. There, that's way better.
Post 604 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@CFP_Comics do your customers get a CBCS discount through your account?

Yes, whatever CBCS offers me. I don’t make a percentage on any of the grading fees.
Post 605 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCoulson

You might be on to something here.

I mean..the few I've had over the years the case/slab was never the concern....it was always the quality of the service i.e. poor grading, missing cutouts/pages, missing restoration and of course the grading and selling of their own books...although to be honest if they didn't have the other issues I could see wiggle room for self grading i.e. other graders inside the company grade each others books - if people are adults about it then one 'should' expect everything to be above board....but when you have other issues then people will assume you 'missed' those defects on your own books - slippery slope so better to just not self grade...

p.s. the ones I had I cracked and turned into CBCS and got decent books for a song!!

this was once from those who shall not be named - even got a grade bump with a press from CBCS!!

Post 606 IP   flag post
Collector MisterMR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics

It’s one of the reasons why I require a waiver. The ratio of books I have sent to CGC vs. CBCS in the past has to be 5,000 to 1. In all that time, CBCS has lost more books total compared to CGC.

Joey, is this still ongoing? Or was this more of a problem in the past? How recently would you say CBCS misplaced something you sent to them?

It has been A little while. The books that were lost were very hard to replace books, in fact, one of them was very expensive since I have not heard from the CBCS rep I was nailing with or the original owners of the book. I am just going to assume that The books were never found. All of this happened even with confirmed receipt of the package showing that CBCS signed for it. I give both companies a grace period of something is misplaced, Cgc has consistently found it sometimes many months later, but CBC has never recovered these books.

I make my living pressing books, so I really don’t care where they go to get graded, but when asked my opinion, I will give it. And regarding inner wells I believe that CBCS and Cgc can learn some thing from their only other competitor. Having cracked out the inner wells from all three companies I feel that that one is the safest to Permanently house a book in.

Thanks for the info - that’s horrible the books were permanently lost but I’m hopeful maybe things are better with CBCS now. I want to send you a few books to then send on to CBCS and I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t some new info I should be worried about 😅
Post 607 IP   flag post
616562 607 7