Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC knowingly damaging books?20972

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@chester15 - I remember it as “Paid my dime and…” There are probably a few versions!
Post 551 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
Well that is true. If I had to pay to piss I would piss wherever. There not getting me for a toilet on top of all the other taxes and fees.

Amen, I thought this was america.

Thus the freedom to take advantage of people in a moment of vulnerability and get away with it as a “tax”, business model, or whatever.
Post 552 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
Well that is true. If I had to pay to piss I would piss wherever. There not getting me for a toilet on top of all the other taxes and fees.

Amen, I thought this was america.

Thus the freedom to take advantage of people in a moment of vulnerability and get away with it as a “tax”, business model, or whatever.

Yeah, you're right.
Post 553 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
The 70's were a time of great social, political, and economic upheaval. The Vietnam War was a very devisive force. Vandalism in general became a "thing". Restrooms were easy victims. The pay toilet was a method to mitigate that, rather than just shutter them entirely.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
The last bathroom wall poetry I remember reading went as follows “Those who write on bathroom walls role their shit into little balls, for those who read these words of wit, eat those little balls of shit” The Sand Bar Lawrence Ks
Post 555 IP   flag post

You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite bathroom graffiti wasn't a poem, but some art. They drew a tombstone on the back wall right behind the toilet and it just said "Here Lies Poop" with the toilet right under the tombstone and it makes me laugh every time I think of it 🤣
Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
@HotKeyComics that made me laugh pretty hard.
Post 557 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think there is a definitive, absolute and measurable link/association between bathroom graphitti, public toilets, and recent CGC books. Think about it.

(See how I tied that all together?)
Post 558 IP   flag post
And bananas, don't forget about the bananas.
Post 559 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
This thread has taken a very unfortunate turn...
Post 560 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
That is typically what happens. The first 2-4 pages can stay on topic, then it will derail. The process tends to repeat itself throughout the thread.
Post 561 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Usually when everything has been said or it becomes repetitive does the thread become derailed.....after the derailing someone will comment that its been derailed and someone will put it back on the rail.....

Speaking of CBCS Customer Service....I sent an email yesterday about my submission and lo and behold a response was in my inbox this morning answering my question....customer service did its job as intended.
Post 562 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I just wish I'd have known about this most recent discount code before I sent in my most recent order.

Post 563 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I love it!!! lol!!!!

I will be submitting.

Well done CBCS.....well done.
Post 564 IP   flag post
Yeah, we ran this thread right off the track. Having a little fun in the process hasn't hurt anyone. lol
Post 565 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Oooh, I’m submitting too.

Want to be part of the CBCS centipede of idiots alongside my membership in the CGC millipede of idiots club!

No human centipede as(s)pirations, however. I’ll leave that for the toilet obsessed…
Post 566 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Settle down, Cool Breeze.
Post 567 IP   flag post
Uh-oh....😬
Post 568 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user

Post 569 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 570 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Post 571 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
I just wish I'd have known about this most recent discount code before I sent in my most recent order.

Bananas happen.
Post 572 IP   flag post
CGC- handing out more curves than junior college professors.
Post 573 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I don't understand why this isn't on the CBCS home page for the website....some of us don't have whatever an 'instagram' is....
Post 574 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Agree 100%.
Post 575 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I don't understand why this isn't on the CBCS home page for the website....some of us don't have whatever an 'instagram' is....

True, but I have to say it's nice they're finally using promo codes. After all those years having to write on your submission form that there's a promo going on...or that you have vouchers.

$50 says there's one of these on the front counter..

Post 576 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

True, but I have to say it's nice they're finally using promo codes. After all those years having to write on your submission form that there's a promo going on...or that you have vouchers.

$50 says there's one of these on the front counter..

oh wow...time machine - my first 'real' job as Jr.Auditor we still had these as backup to the 'new' electronic system and for special events these were the system - great!!!
Post 577 IP   flag post
soooo... 20% off full submission i.e. includes pressing/signature and grading?? or is it just grading fees?
Post 578 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I read that as 20% everything... the entire submission.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Quote:
@KatKomics I read that as 20% everything... the entire submission.

if that's the case there might, maybe, possibly be an order I can send in...now will it be PC books or books to go to MCS!
Post 580 IP   flag post
616565 607 30