Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC knowingly damaging books?20972

You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarisNuclearSS2020
With Baltimore Comic Con and CGC’s inept handling of this situation, CBCS could do well to temporarily drop prices for BCC submissions only, at least.

CGC will be offering onsite grading at Baltimore…

CGC is also having a 'how to grade' panel at Baltimore. I was thinking about checking it out for the lols.

I bet that is going to be bananas 🍌
Post 476 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 477 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately, I'm not sure a lot of people even know what is going on with the CGC slab problem. I was at a convention on Saturday at this convention there are half a dozen vendors I always buy books from, while making my purchases I inquired with them on their opinion of the CGC damaging books issue, to my surprise none of these vendors had any idea there was a current issue with CGC books. My fear is that other than some forums and YouTube channels this may not be as widely known a problem that one would think it would be.
Post 478 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
As of right now, the state of facts as I gather are as follows:

1. CBCS strictly grades comics and dealers/high volume sellers prefer to use CGC since they can get gifted higher grades and a have a greater ROI. This will only stop if the market ever changes.
2. It's too early, I'm going back to sleep
3. I am a moron.
Post 479 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
2. It's too early, I'm going back to sleep

Agreed!

Post 480 IP   flag post

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
If we were to compare the # of isues/problems and the magnitude of these issues/problems between CBCS and CGC.....it is absolutely no contest.....CGC has sh!t the bed way more often and way more severe.....but people still manage to convince themselves CGC is the way to go.
Post 481 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBeachPresser
I believe CGC has severely, and possibly permanently, damaged their brand and reputation with their most recent BananaGate statement. However, it must be acknowledged that CBCS does not appear to have the ability to gain market share primarily for one reason - the lack of desirability for their cases by the secondary market and therefore a lower value on the market even though it is unquestionably an equal or better product (even before the bent wells).

CBCS is unlikely to get another opportunity to change their fate before either 1) CGC recovers and/or 2) PSA enters the market, and, if they don't they will be even less relevant in six months than they are today! Every effort to capitalize on this should be made right now! People want to get books graded and are now holding back from sending to CGC en masse but they are still unwilling to send to CBCS - believe me, as someone in the center of the sounding the CGC alarm, I know!

CBCS should reduce prices below CGC prices to gain market share on Monday morning! They must immediately reach out to large auction facilitators, dealers, and influencers to promote their product. A 15 second Instagram post or two - although a step in the right direction - is an insufficient effort.

CBCS, I want you to succeed, and this is the best opportunity for your books to begin to obtain price parity with CGC on the resale market! I will send books wherever customers want but the fact of the matter is I have sent several hundred of customer's submissions to CGC and only one to CBCS over the last two years! My customers are now asking about CBCS for the first time!

LET'S GO!!!

except for the first couple of years - cbcs’s weak spots have always been 1) customer service 2) misplacing orders. no replies to emails / no one accepting calls. promises to call back and never does etc.

reducing prices / approaching dealers will not help a bit if that is not fixed. there is a reason a number of pressers / dealers are not sending books to cbcs.

It’s one of the reasons why I require a waiver. The ratio of books I have sent to CGC vs. CBCS in the past has to be 5,000 to 1. In all that time, CBCS has lost more books total compared to CGC.
Post 482 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If we were to compare the # of isues/problems and the magnitude of these issues/problems between CBCS and CGC.....it is absolutely no contest.....CGC has sh!t the bed way more often and way more severe.....but people still manage to convince themselves CGC is the way to go.

Yep, and then we end up right back where we started.
Post 483 IP   flag post
I'd rather kiss a toilet seat then send them any more comics.
Post 484 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215

There is your own personal toilet seat, a toilet seat hanging on a gondola at Wal-Mart, and then there is the public seat.

Which seat are you referring to?
Post 485 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

There is your own personal toilet seat, a toilet seat hanging on a gondola at Wal-Mart, and then there is the public seat.

Any toilet seat lol
Post 486 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

You know, I wondered the same thing. I recently had to take my shitter off and replace the wax ring. I took the day off today and re caulked around it and basically had my head laying on it. I pretty much was kissing it and remembered all the times the CGC was still used.
Post 487 IP   flag post
Home alone reference wasted. 😪
Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
There is such a difference in the nasty of various toilet seats. A truck stop in middle America. A rest stop in a crowded place. Prison seat. Underside of the seat even worse.
Post 489 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
A truck stop in middle America.

This is probably the worst, not only because of the truck drivers, but also all the lot lizards.
Post 490 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
A potent combo. The amount of STD and stink combining. A thick rich mixture.
Post 491 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
It’s one of the reasons why I require a waiver. The ratio of books I have sent to CGC vs. CBCS in the past has to be 5,000 to 1. In all that time, CBCS has lost more books total compared to CGC.

Thanks for popping in. I find myself being one of the few that has to chime in and remind everyone that CBCS has terrible customer service and a lot of it's own problems.

Since everyone is high on lists these days...

1. CBCS still doesn't have a membership option.
2. CBCS only provides one shipping option with very high rates if you don't have your own Fedex account and collector's insurance policy.

I'm sure PSA will have a membership option and better discounts. Even when CBCS did provide a membership, the benefits were far inferior to CGC's.
Post 492 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
No matter how anyone wants to spin it....CGC is a steaming pile compared to CBCS. CBCS has made mistakes but nowhere near as frequent or severe as the Sarasota Shit Show.
Post 493 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics

Thanks for popping in. I find myself being one of the few that has to chime in and remind everyone that CBCS has terrible customer service and a lot of it's own problems.
I haven’t chimed in at all except for dumb shit. I even decided not to mention a submission I made for someone recently to the ass clowns. I still disagree with everything they assessed and it’s right in the middle of all this. Instead I eat crow because I try to be a decent person. With that being said, I withheld my complaints about the CS at CBCS.
Post 494 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I recently had to take my shitter off and replace the wax ring. I took the day off today and re caulked around it and basically had my head laying on it.

There is nothing more vile than replacing that toilet wax ring. Even compared to a CGC banana
It's fun sticking something in all those nooks and crannies. Mmmmmmmmm. Makes my mouth water
Post 495 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I recently had to take my shitter off and replace the wax ring. I took the day off today and re caulked around it and basically had my head laying on it.

There is nothing more vile than replacing that toilet wax ring. Even compared to a CGC banana
It's fun sticking something in all those nooks and crannies. Mmmmmmmmm. Makes my mouth water
It wasn’t to bad actually. It’s one of those old 5 gallon flushers as well. Good ole workhorse.
Post 496 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Another banner evening of lively, informative, and entertaining banter on the forums. LOL!
Post 497 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Another banner evening of lively, informative, and entertaining banter on the forums. LOL!
Its all an analogy Ed. I try to be more creative than just saying CGC bad.
Post 498 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Just talkin shit
Post 499 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Mongo says CGC only a pawn in the bad game
Post 500 IP   flag post
Man, I make one home alone joke and poof! Off to the races lol .
Post 501 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBeachPresser
Spot on analysis!

Is this @Davethebrave's shill account?

Edit: It looks like the post I was referencing was deleted by the moderator for promoting pressing services.
Post 502 IP   flag post
Or his wife?
Post 503 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad haha maybe
Post 504 IP   flag post
Man, we're a messed up bunch of individuals. We went from talking about random toilets and how dirty they and now we're talking about Dave's wife.

We just call this the random thread. Tall about whatever you want. I'll start: never had Chipotle...is it worth it?
Post 505 IP   flag post
616561 607 30