CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC knowingly damaging books?20972

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I gather all these Crazy Ed books which were graded around 6/24 are victims?

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=crazy+ed&ItemType=CB

I wouldn't be bidding on any. I spoke to a person who sends a lot of books to ComicLink for their auctions asking about the bent books. Theye said it was ComicLink's problem, not theirs.

Say whaaaaaatttt???!!
Post 326 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=crazy+ed&ItemType=CB

That really sucks for Ed. If he had done this last year or next year, he may have been spared this.
I haven't asked if he is aware of this problem, but I know he is.
He was already nervous. I would not want to be in his situation.
They are still grading his books and probably will be for a few months. He has thousands.
Maybe they can get a handle on it soon, for his sake. Ed's a nice guy. Hate to see him take a beating.
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector electricprune private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The Vintage tier appears to be much less affected. There have been a few examples I’ve seen, but not many. Right now, the Modern tier starting with 43 and 44 appear to have the most problems. There are a few examples of books going back into late 2023 as well.

If anyone has seen more Vintage books with the warping, please post them if possible.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I hear he's a cheap date.
@xkonk @DrWatson
Just seeing this nonsense. Gonna have to pass... LOL

when the cats away the mice will play!!
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
I just bought a pretty decent batch of raw modern keys so figured I will try CBCS again due to the ongoing warping issue with CGC. They get one chance to redeem themselves (after the single worst customer service experience I've had with any company ever a few years ago) but I'll be honest they are making it hard for me to love this process (making a submission from Canada isn't clear at all)
Post 330 IP   flag post

I went over to their boards to se what's going on and the sky is falling indeed!

Members are getting slapped for bring up the "competition".

If that's the case, I'm going back over and changing my name to Tina turner! lmao!!
Post 331 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
I just bought a pretty decent batch of raw modern keys so figured I will try CBCS again due to the ongoing warping issue with CGC. They get one chance to redeem themselves (after the single worst customer service experience I've had with any company ever a few years ago) but I'll be honest they are making it hard for me to love this process (making a submission from Canada isn't clear at all)

just use the site as it's intended.

I have dozens and dozens of submissions that I input the books....print the invoice and mail it in....never had an issue.
Post 332 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
...making a submission from Canada isn't clear at all

I've done four submissions to CBCS now, and the first time was through their distributor outlet in Oakville.

When that partnership dissolved, I just sent them directly to CBCS from Halifax using Canada Post. No issues whatsoever (no pun intended)
Post 333 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
Quote:
...making a submission from Canada isn't clear at all

I've done four submissions to CBCS now, and the first time was through their distributor outlet in Oakville.

When that partnership dissolved, I just sent them directly to CBCS from Halifax using Canada Post. No issues whatsoever (no pun intended)

Good to hear. Last time I used them it was through the Oakville location, and at the time the website had clear Canadian submission details (including the Canadian flag during the online submission process, whereas now its just USA) so I found the explanatory verbiage on the website lacking when returning. It is also frustrating not knowing what return shipping will cost me at the time of submission (unlike CGC where I know the complete costs upfront)

I would prefer to find a local shop who does CBCS submissions though rather then mailing them myself, but the Store Locator isn't working on the website :P
Post 334 IP   flag post
It's the same argument over there and nobody is rushing to make it right.

Curved Graded Comics.
Post 335 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
As a high school teacher (now former teacher), we were encouraged to grade on a curve!
Post 336 IP   flag post
@esaravo I think the cgc took that literally lol
Post 337 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
As a high school teacher (now former teacher), we were encouraged to grade on a curve!

I remember as a freshman in a heavy engineering university getting a 36 on my 1st test for Physics 1 and the letter grade was a B-. Grading curve at its finest.

I was both horrified and ........ horrified.
Post 338 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I remember one of the exams from my History of Rock Music class. I made a 70 on it. That was an A.
Post 339 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
It's the same argument over there and nobody is rushing to make it right.

Curved Graded Comics.

Comics Guaranteed Curved,

Center Gradient Collectibles,

Certified Guaranty Convolution,

I’m done now
Post 340 IP   flag post
Concave Goes Convex
Post 341 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Can't Guarantee Crap
Post 342 IP   flag post
At CGC, we're better than you!!

And we know it!
Post 343 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Why did I just get this mental image picture of CGC being picketed by dancing bananas?
Post 344 IP   flag post
There goes the holiday bonus. Haha
Post 345 IP   flag post
If anyone here is a part of the CLZ Facebook group; go read rhe latest post regarding this subject. Cgc apologists are in full force. 🤢
Post 346 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
There goes the holiday bonus. Haha
Except for Matt Nelson. He gets a raise & bonus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
Can't Guarantee Crap
I think you are on to something there Shelby..

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Why did I just get this mental image picture of CGC being picketed by dancing bananas?

Post 347 IP   flag post
It's one thing to wear the goggles and say" they wouldn't do that to me" or " hasn't happend to me yet". Then it does; and we're just expected to take it on the chin and fall in line.

No label or resale value is worth the cost of harming the product.
Post 348 IP   flag post
Collector MisterMR private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.instagram.com/stories/cbcscomics/3446154166622715536?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Post 349 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
CGC ranks marginally above PGX in my opinion. I will buy pre-43xxxx CGC slabs but only if there is no CBCS counterpart....I won't buy anything CGC after 43xxxx. I will never submit to CGC. PSA is a better option than CGC in my opinion and I would give them a chance if their slabs were the same size as CBCS....but realistically, as long as CBCS is around and maintain their course, there's no real reason to look elsewhere... but CBCS is slightly on the pricey side....I'd look at that part if I were them.....but maybe it's just me that finds them a tad expensive....but there's no denying cbcs is the best on the market by miles.
Post 350 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
CGC ranks marginally above PGX in my opinion. I will buy pre-43xxxx CGC slabs but only if there is no CBCS counterpart....I won't buy anything CGC after 43xxxx. I will never submit to CGC. PSA is a better option than CGC in my opinion and I would give them a chance if their slabs were the same size as CBCS....but realistically, as long as CBCS is around and maintain their course, there's no realy reason to look elsewhere... but CBCS is slightly on the pricey side....I'd look at that part of I were them.....but maybe it's just me that finds them a tad expensive....but there's no denying cbcs is the best on the market by miles.

I agree!!

Nothing about PSA has wowed me yet but we'll see. Cbcs is pricey but so is a Lamborghini lol. I haven't had any issues with cbcs so .
Post 351 IP   flag post
CGC is the fast food chain of grading.

CBCS is more like the artisan kitchen.

PGX is dumpster diving "food".
Post 352 IP   flag post
Greasy spoon lmao
Post 353 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMR
https://www.instagram.com/stories/cbcscomics/3446154166622715536?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Or... if you don't have Instagram.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/8385811958106582
Post 354 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMR

Or... if you don't have Instagram.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/8385811958106582

Brilliant!!!
Post 355 IP   flag post
616565 607 30