Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CGC knowingly damaging books?20972

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’m just waiting to get my pizzas graded and slabbed.
Post 251 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
We can start a YouTube channel; slabs and pizza.
Post 252 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Is PSA pizza better than Dominos?
It must be. It's been graded and authenticated.
Post 253 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got back a Chris Evans signed book that I had sent in to SWAU for CGC grading back in February.

The book is definitely within specifications within the case.
Hawkeye's Bow specifications, that is.

I'll now take a financial hit with the book and that is the final straw for the foreseeable future. A damaged book in the case is quite observable to anyone.
Everything else that's happened in the past with their B.S. ultimately became the buyers problem; so I could care less.
This CGC nonsense is now MY problem and MY financial hit; and I'm just not going accept that.
Post 254 IP   flag post
I'll eat my comics before I send them back to cgc.
Post 255 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
you send them to CGC you’ll eat them anyway

Post 256 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Top notch Graders Notes too on a 9.4.

Grader Notes
CGC Signature Series witnessed the Chris Evans signing on 3/1/24.

Thanks jackasses. I had no effin idea.
Incompetence
Post 257 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
you send them to CGC you’ll eat them anyway

What did the five fingers say to the face ??

SLAP!!
Post 258 IP   flag post
Collector MisterMR private msg quote post Address this user
Still happening. I received about 15 min ago a book I dropped off with CGC at SDCC on 7/27. The book is definitely bowed/curved.

As I look at it I wonder if this is an attempt on CGC’s part to eliminate the newton rings.
Post 259 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
From reading the other boards it seems like it is being caused by their attempts to make the slab harder to break into.
Post 260 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is dumb....all they need to do is get there hands on a CBCS slab and reverse engineer it. Copy the best slab in the industry and all their slab problems go away. They can strike one issue off their long long list of issues.
Post 261 IP   flag post
It's definitely harder to break. I torqued my last one and absolutely nothing happend.

The fact that this is still happening is 100% their fault and even more so since they refuse to acknowledge it. I'm sorry but I want my comics to come back to me the same way I sent them off on.
Post 262 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
deleted my post, basically echoed what @GAC said.
Post 263 IP   flag post
Matt Nelson is a monumental douchebag.
Post 264 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
CGC is dumb....all they need to do is get there hands on a CBCS slab and reverse engineer it. Copy the best slab in the industry and all their slab problems go away. They can strike one issue off their long long list of issues.

Wouldn't the CBCS design be patented or copyrighted?
Post 265 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

It would and everyone is trying to copy it and it's not working lol
Post 266 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

It probably is but I meant more like how cbcs is able to have a book be flat in a slab and still not have newton rings. Copy how that inner well and the outside slab work together properly.
Post 267 IP   flag post
Going out on a lomb here but if they were that smart they would have done it already. From Newton rings, swapping books and now twisting comics; they're really bad at this lol
Post 268 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!

Post 269 IP   flag post
I'm not sure if it was orchestrated or an accident. I've heard mention that the inner well is a tad too big. It fixed the slab squeaking problem, but apparently it causes the book to curve and cause spine ticks. I'm not sure about the Newton rings.
Post 270 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm not sure if it was orchestrated or an accident. I've heard mention that the inner well is a tad too big. It fixed the slab squeaking problem, but apparently it causes the book to curve and cause spine ticks. I'm not sure about the Newton rings.

That's a rookie mistake though don't you think? They either didnt test or didnt think...but "shoe horning" a slightly larger inner well into the outer shell and not foreseeing problems is hard to believe...but here we are.
Post 271 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
IMO, you can’t fk up that many books and maintain the title of professional grading.
Post 272 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
IMO, you can’t fk up that many books and maintain the title of professional grading.

If there was a Professional Grading governing body or licensing board, CGC would be either censured, fined or have their license revoked.....or maybe all three.
Post 273 IP   flag post
I'll take all three for 500 alex
Post 274 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Mark Nelson: Team - we need a permanent solution now for the reholder situation. Bonus points if we also fix Newton Rings

Employees: Let's do "X"; Let's also do "Y" proposals.

Mark Nelson: Great ideas team! how fast can we get this solution/solutions implemented?

Employees: A couple weeks with no testing or validation. Several months if we do full engineering testing and prototype validation.

Mark Nelson: We need this now. Go with 2 weeks and do a risk analysis if something goes wrong.

Employee: Risk analysis complete sir - anything goes wrong with the design, the countermeasure is to deny deny deny.

Mark Nelson: Great job team. Let's get it done.
Post 275 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Mark Nelson: Team - we need a permanent solution now for the reholder situation. Bonus points if we also fix Newton Rings

Employees: Let's do "X"; Let's also do "Y" proposals.

Mark Nelson: Great ideas team! how fast can we get this solution/solutions implemented?

Employees: A couple weeks with no testing or validation. Several months if we do full engineering testing and prototype validation.

Mark Nelson: We need this now. Go with 2 weeks and do a risk analysis if something goes wrong.

Employee: Risk analysis complete sir - anything goes wrong with the design, the countermeasure is to deny deny deny.

Mark Nelson: Great job team. Let's get it done.

Reasonably sane employee: wait. Nobody sees a problem with this? What about the customer ?

MN: even if they leave, they'll come back. They always come back. Mwahahahah!
Post 276 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'm surprised CBCS hasn't sent an employee undercover to get hired by CGC and wear a hidden camera to work. CBCS needs to think outside the box more.

Post 277 IP   flag post
I smell a B&E lol Let's go!
Post 278 IP   flag post
Who's Mark Nelson?
Post 279 IP   flag post
Mark is the new Matt.
Post 280 IP   flag post
616561 607 30