CGC knowingly damaging books?20972

Collector electricprune private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricprune
Quote:
@GAC @electricprune. It looks as if this moron will have to include the 42X books in his cgc buying ban.

I appreciate the information.

Hi Jim.

Hey, Wes. How are you doing? I miss seeing you guys at the Chicago show.

I’m good thanks. I haven’t been to one in a few years except for the small one Terry did during Covid. Do you do an occasional show with Dale anymore?
Post 626 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Post 627 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
With some Modern books I've seen still coming back from CGC with warping and damage I'm not about to risk my next submission (which turns out is my largest Modern submission in years, as I usually just submit Golden Age stuff to CGC). I was hoping they would address it, but since the messaging on their part has been less than stellar, and combined with the new BANANA discount, I'm going to give CBCS a second chance (stopped using them after my second submission a few years back which had the most horrible customer service experience ever with a company)
Post 628 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@GAC @electricprune. It looks as if this moron will have to include the 42X books in his cgc buying ban.

I appreciate the information.

Hi Jim.

Hey, Wes. How are you doing? I miss seeing you guys at the Chicago show.

I’m good thanks. I haven’t been to one in a few years except for the small one Terry did during Covid. Do you do an occasional show with Dale anymore?

No. Anymore, work and a 14 year old cat keep me close to home. I would like to do a few more at some point, if the stars align.
Post 629 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
To cap it cost me $1.50 euro to use a bathroom at a train station in Avigone in 2019
Post 630 IP   flag post

Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
The problem seems to be fixed, for the most part.

As this feedback and analysis shows:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JDcV3bnfkYU

That said, banana books are certainly being damaged, and I would not recommend subbing anything but copper thru modern books to CGC, until a remedy for thicker books is made by CGC

I’ll be subbing 1990’s books and a couple moderns from 2024 for on-site grading at Baltimore this weekend, and will have before pics/scans of the books and will post pics after slabbing….as long as they are banana free, they’ll be subbed to mycomicshop for consignment on Sunday at Baltimore.

In any event, I’ll post up pre and post pics of my subs on here and on CGC’s thread on banana books.
Post 631 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 632 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarisNuclearSS2020
...That said, banana books are certainly being damaged, and I would not recommend subbing anything but copper thru modern books to CGC, until a remedy for thicker books is made by CGC

I’ll be subbing 1990’s books and a couple moderns from 2024 for on-site grading..

It was my understanding that the thinner modern, copper, and some bronze books were the ones most likely to be damaged due to the particular well/case being used.

If I submitted anything to them, it would be golden age books.

You are a brave soul.
Post 633 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I suggest avoiding that shit show of a company altogether. They don't care about you or your books....you should feel the same about them.
Post 634 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC doing cgc conversion therapy. So far, I'm on a roll 👍🍺🔥
Post 635 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicNinja0215 nice! and I saw you got a grade bump on your x-men 266...sweet!!
Post 636 IP   flag post
@GAC oh yeah! Let's see how i do with my daredevil 131 😬
Post 637 IP   flag post
@ComicNinja0215 Good luck! Report back when you know.
Post 638 IP   flag post
@GAC it's out of pressing, so probably another month.
Post 639 IP   flag post
Collector 1979_03 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The problem seems to be fixed, for the most part.

As this feedback and analysis shows:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JDcV3bnfkYU

That said, banana books are certainly being damaged, and I would not recommend subbing anything but copper thru modern books to CGC, until a remedy for thicker books is made by CGC

I’ll be subbing 1990’s books and a couple moderns from 2024 for on-site grading at Baltimore this weekend, and will have before pics/scans of the books and will post pics after slabbing….as long as they are banana free, they’ll be subbed to mycomicshop for consignment on Sunday at Baltimore.

In any event, I’ll post up pre and post pics of my subs on here and on CGC’s thread on banana books.

IMHO may be a shill for CGC even if unknowing. They have always known what issue is but almost certainly to save money they did nothing. They may have done this order flat for that youtuber - and likley others very recently to take the heat off.
Post 640 IP   flag post
Collector 1979_03 private msg quote post Address this user
On Moderns> From what I've gathered for 2 months the issue became highly prevalent beginning with 435, although it has existed less frequently since at least 418!
Post 641 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I am doing an experiment

Post 642 IP   flag post
Collector electricprune private msg quote post Address this user
Well, it now appears that some CGC magazine slabs have come back with warped inner wells.
Post 643 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well, it now appears that some CGC magazine slabs have come back with warped inner wells.

Post 644 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an order of last ronin books back, all were good for me.
Post 645 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Subby #1Conserved 6.0 graded in July sold for $14,500 on ebay this month.

The back cover shows clear spine stres lines which are not present in the scans taken by CGC in July.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156418234831?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vc3zm8zoq8w&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=y3mxcnrcspe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Post 646 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Subby #1Conserved 6.0 graded in July sold for $14,500 on ebay this month.

The back cover shows clear spine stres lines which are not present in the scans taken by CGC in July.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156418234831?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vc3zm8zoq8w&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=y3mxcnrcspe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Looks legit. eBay photos accentuate the back cover damage.

Post 647 IP   flag post
CGC scan photo edited real quick to highlight back cover damage

eBay photo

Post 648 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSult
Just got an order of last ronin books back, all were good for me.

Last Ronins are thick enough, they should be immune. They're keeping the inner well flat, not the other way around.
Post 649 IP   flag post
I'm still not willing to roll the dice on any submissions to the CGC.
CBCS will see a lot of books from me.

Maybe, one day this will be in the past but I don't see that happening soon enough.
Post 650 IP   flag post
You know that if the cgc has a ton of bad product, then they aren't going to just dump it. They will use it up before correcting the error, correct those that complain, and not give a toss about the ones who don't.
Post 651 IP   flag post
@DrWatson i don't remember what YouTube video i watched recently but I remember they said it was still a problem.
Post 652 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
You know that if the cgc has a ton of bad product, then they aren't going to just dump it. They will use it up before correcting the error, correct those that complain, and not give a toss about the ones who don't.

This 100%
If there is a design improvement involved, there are 3 possible Dispositions of existing material: Use Up, Rework, or Scrap. Any business that institutes a design change and has inventory must deal with dispositions of current material.

I highly suspect that CGC is utilizing the "Use-Up" disposition with any design improvements regardless of the customer complaints. If they were to utilize Rework (which may not be possible) or Scrap, that would involve potentially some serious $$$
Post 653 IP   flag post
619041 653 28