Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

I love cbcs slabs20934

Collector Nate79 private msg quote post Address this user

Yeah so Not due to any preferance its just worked out so far that when ive been buying books that already slabbed theyve mainly been CGC but when i looked into sending sending my raw conics to them ro be graded they wanted to charge me $80 usd for return economy shipping via fed ex for 5 books or less. So i decided to try cbcs. Prices were pretty much identical shipping was also fed ex but 24 hour priority and only $43usd for 5 books or less so ive chose cbcs and really feel like cgcs is into some kind of shipping scam.and wow the slabs arent just better its night and day. I find it so strange why cgc gets so much praise
Post 1 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a geek is still hoping one day he will recieve a BJ.

@Nate79 Welcome to the forum.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like some nice amazing Spider-Man’s you got there grats
Post 3 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nate79 The CBCS slabs are the superior choice. Wise decision.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Another Cgc fan smarten up. Congrats on the ASM books. Welcome to the family.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate79

Yeah so Not due to any preferance its just worked out so far that when ive been buying books that already slabbed theyve mainly been CGC but when i looked into sending sending my raw conics to them ro be graded they wanted to charge me $80 usd for return economy shipping via fed ex for 5 books or less. So i decided to try cbcs. Prices were pretty much identical shipping was also fed ex but 24 hour priority and only $43usd for 5 books or less so ive chose cbcs and really feel like cgcs is into some kind of shipping scam.and wow the slabs arent just better its night and day. I find it so strange why cgc gets so much praise

Best part no Newton rings
Post 6 IP   flag post
The latest CBCS slabs are tanks. Have you tried the twist test? Try to twist a cgc slab....it will flex, squeak, creek and eventually crack....CBCS slabs have virtually no give.....and crystal clear. Best on the market by miles.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a link to all 9,000 CBCS graded books available at MCS...sorted from $105,000 to $19 OBO.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?srt=price&cbcs=y
Post 8 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia That's interesting! 9000 CBCS books.....I'm not too savvy on the MCS website but is there a way to find out how many CGC books are available? I'm sure there is....I'd be interested in knowing the difference in numbers between CBCS and CGC listings on MCS.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@EbayMafia That's interesting! 9000 CBCS books.....I'm not too savvy on the MCS website but is there a way to find out how many CGC books are available? I'm sure there is....I'd be interested in knowing the difference in numbers between CBCS and CGC listings on MCS.

@GAC The answer is 37,000 CGC books. On the MCS home page there is a search line just above the middle of the page. Click on "advanced" and from there you will figure out how to search by publisher, grading company, etc, etc. Looks like there are approximately 4 CGC books on MCS to every 1 CBCS, so 20% CBCS. That ratio remains somewhat consistent when I narrow the search down to only books priced over $70 and again at over $100.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

@GAC The answer is 37,000 CGC books. On the MCS home page there is a search line just above the middle of the page. Click on "advanced" and from there you will figure out how to search by publisher, grading company, etc, etc. Looks like there are approximately 4 CGC books on MCS to every 1 CBCS, so 20% CBCS. That ratio remains somewhat consistent when I narrow the search down to only books priced over $70 and again at over $100.

Thank you for doing that and showing me how to do that!!

Looks like MCS is a microcosm for the entire graded book market....maybe a little inflated in CBCS's favor with the recent CBCS 10th Anniversary shindig.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Looks like MCS is a microcosm for the entire graded book market....maybe a little inflated in CBCS's favor with the recent CBCS 10th Anniversary shindig.

I think that being within driving distance of CBCS and doing pickups for consignors probably creates a permanent over-stating of the CBCS numbers compared to the actual market. But it also presents an opportunity for CBCS to find ways to "make big bigger".
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I think that being within driving distance of CBCS and doing pickups for consignors probably creates a permanent over-stating of the CBCS numbers compared to the actual market. But it also presents an opportunity for CBCS to find ways to "make big bigger".

Great point and I'm sure that right!

I hope CBCS continues to leverage MCS...and other big players. I'd like to see regular...maybe quarterly CBCS only sales/auction events.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
The latest CBCS slabs are tanks. Have you tried the twist test? Try to twist a cgc slab....it will flex, squeak, creek and eventually crack....CBCS slabs have virtually no give.....and crystal clear. Best on the market by miles.

100%
Post 14 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been doing cbcs since I started doing graded in 2021. when I grade...cbcs...when I buy a graded...CBCS.

this year did an exception, was at a convention. bought a cgc (had room in budget for a graded and not many vendors had cbcs)
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
I almost bought a cbcs slab the other day it was a giant size x men 1 reprint from 91 the silver boarders one it was a 9.0 for 25 bucks I almost bought the dang thing because it was case cost. It was last gen labeled. But I wasn’t really looking to buy a slab so I left it but prob the it way I will end up with a gax 1 is a reprint of it
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Nate79 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

100%

I noticed the twist test before I ever heard about it. When I compared my first cbcs slabb to cgc I happened to notice the cgc slab. Making a noise so I tried with cbcs amd so much tighter
Post 17 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Its a clearly superior product to anyone who holds one, congrats!
Post 18 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC can confirm
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
@GAC can confirm

I can and do confirm CBCS's superior slabs.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Ive pulled CGC slabs apart with my fingers.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I pulled CGC slabs apart with my fingers.

Same.
Post 22 IP   flag post
615425 22 22