Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Signature prices 202420925

Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone just thought this would useful to anyone heading out to cons this year and want to get an idea on how much some creators are charging for sigs. Please let me know if this is actually useful by upvoting. Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Randy Emberlin

Post 2 IP   flag post
Ryan Ottley

Post 3 IP   flag post
Jeph Loeb

Post 4 IP   flag post
Forgot to take a pic of Jim Shooter rate card but it was $20 per raw sig
Post 5 IP   flag post
Mark Bagley

Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
those all seem to be in line with what I remember...been 2 years or so since I was at a convention though
Post 7 IP   flag post
Steve Mcniven

Post 8 IP   flag post
Frank Cho

Post 9 IP   flag post
Dan Jurgens was $10 raw
Post 10 IP   flag post
David Finch

Post 11 IP   flag post
Jason Aaron

Post 12 IP   flag post
Klaus Janson

Post 13 IP   flag post
Andy Kubert

Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I really appreciate this! My next big Con will be SDCC next month. I just got my badge a couple days ago!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector x860x private msg quote post Address this user
When it states graded autograph, do they mean witnessed?
Thanks.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
From heroes con:
Cully hamner $5
Dan Jurgens 1st free, $10 each after
Chris Claremount $15
John romita jr $25
Bob Camp varies. $40 I think I saw
Amander Conner $10
Post 17 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
JRJR charges more than Chris Claremont? Crazy!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
I wish CBCS would set up an Emberlin signing. I have an ASM 361 I've been waiting to get signed for years but his name never pops up on their signings page.☹️
Post 19 IP   flag post
@x860x yes when it says graded they mean witness. You could just pay raw and go to the CBCS booth and do the authentication method. Or keep it raw up to you.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker
Hello Everyone just thought this would useful to anyone heading out to cons this year and want to get an idea on how much some creators are charging for sigs. Please let me know if this is actually useful by upvoting. Thanks

If you're getting books witnessed (graded), It can get very expensive. I brought 8 books to HeroesCon. One was the Heroes for Hope X-Men book that over 50 creators worked on. I got 14 people to sign it and I had the other 7 signed by various creators. I spent over $400 for signatures only. Roy Thomas was $50/book unless it wasn't witnessed. If not witnessed he asked you to make a donation to the Heroes Initiative. He cost me $116 with the witness fee. I should have just made a donation and then had CBCS verify it. It would have been cheaper.

Almost all artists charge a premium for witnessed books. Some didn't realize I had a witness and started to charge me for unwitnessed. I immediately told them it was witnessed and a couple only charged me the regular rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x860x
When it states graded autograph, do they mean witnessed?
Thanks.

Some call it witnessed others call it graded. It just depends on who you get to sign. Some like Sam de la Rosa charge a premium for certain books. He charges extra for Venom Lethal Protector #1.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
It’s highly annoying that the same autograph costs $10 more just because someone is watch. What do they think this is, a strip club?! 😂
Post 22 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
What's crazy to me are these sketches up in the thousands. That's bananas.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
JRJR charges more than Chris Claremont? Crazy!

based on what I saw and heard at heroes con. Claremont (how much I paid) was $15 and when asked heard Romita Jr was $25
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
The information is very helpful. I recomend you join and post in the facebook group called Sketch Prices - Comic Book Sketches, Commissions & Autograph Prices you can find other signatures and what they charge to sign.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
From HeroesCon:

IIRC, Howard Chaykin is $20 per signature, $25 for Star Wars, $30 for witnessed.

Adam Hughes was doing 5 minute head sketches for $100, $120 if you had them witnessed.

Georges Jeanty wasn't charging for signatures.

Rico Renzi wasn't charging.

And that's all I remember. I do know several creators weren't charging, but asking for donations to the Heroes Initiative.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Was just at Niagara Falls Comic Con (Canada) earlier this month...

Greg Capullo was $15 (Canadian) per signature
Brian Azzarello was $15 (Canadian) per signature - Batman Damned #1 was $35 Canadian
James O'Barr (5 Free as always...)
Stephanie Phillips was $7 (Canadian) including Grim #1...I believe she used to charge more for that one.
Ken Lashley was $10 (Canadian)
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
From HeroesCon:

IIRC, Howard Chaykin is $20 per signature, $25 for Star Wars, $30 for witnessed.

I met Chaykin a few years back, he wasn't charging for signatures then. He just said, why would I charge for people that want to meet me? Mind you, it was a smaller con that he definitely wasn't seeing much foot traffic, chatted with me wife, kids and I for a solid half hour. Paid him $80 (Canadian) for a Nick Fury cover sketch.

I told him I was a CBCS Authorized Witness....he said "Why do you have to tell me that? Why do I care that you're going to get this book graded?" Told him it was part of the deal.

I guess time changes everything...
Post 28 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Back in the day prices...

Stan Lee $0
Moebius $0
John Byrne $0
Steranko $0
Marshall Rogers $0
Roger Zelazny $0
Martin Wagner $0
Sam Hurt $0
Dave Sim $0

If there's a trend here I'm not quite seeing it. My how times have changed!
Post 29 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@Paulbg2000 I think the flippers are to "blame." Every creator out there can look on eBay and see people selling their work and signatures; why shouldn't they get a cut? It sucks for those of us who collect for ourselves, but it's what the market is now.
Post 30 IP   flag post
616095 53 30