CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Too bad Mark didn't collect Bronze Marvels. 😞
shoosh mr. This is our safe space.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Too bad Mark didn't collect Bronze Marvels. 😞
shoosh mr. This is our safe space.

😂

He did buy Marvels

I just haven't many to show because DCs are cheap and I'm a budget collector and when I see issues of the Ghost at half what a Marvel would cost, and the fact they were not collected in large numbers and I see their condition I just can't say no.

The bulk of the books are from 1971-1976
But there are some anomaly issues like Wolverine limited issue 1s new stands.
I think I saw half a dozen copies of that issue.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Not the highest grade and the page quality is like cream to off-white.
A little bit of tanning is present too.
But I've always wanted a copy of this book to read.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I was a bit late picking up my copy.
6 had already been sold so I didn't look thru the remaining copies and just picked up a copy off the top of the remaining books.

The page quality looks white so that's good.
Post 54 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Unfortunately these are all sold.
I bought two because at $55 plus tax each I couldn't say no.
So two other copies went to different homes.

Now there are Shazam Limited collectors editions and the Famous firsts with Action comics 1 left. I don't have pictures of those.

Man, a day late is my song. I'd kill to have one of those. ❤️
Post 55 IP   flag post

Post 56 IP   flag post

I just love black covers that have that crisp look.
Post 57 IP   flag post

Not the highest in grade, nice 50 year old magazine and I like the bold red color still on the cover.

This Space 1999 is a upgrade for me as I've already picked up a copy on vacation but that copy is roughly in VG/FN

Not super high grade, I just love clean black covers on books.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross
That Tales of the Zombie looks like a BEAUTIFUL copy!
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@southerncross

There is about 20-30 copies, most have color breaking spine creases etc.
But all unread and brought out into the light of day after 51 years.
Post 60 IP   flag post
@southerncross Thanks again, I got my books today from Allen

Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
@southerncross

If you're after a copy I can look thru a stack for you, not sure about the conditions?
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
@southerncross

If you're after a copy I can look thru a stack for you, not sure about the conditions?

I appreciate that but no thanks. I already have 2. This one and one being graded now.

Post 63 IP   flag post

Post 64 IP   flag post

Post 65 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Now, a very nice Conan Annual #1 would be a pleasure to have.
Post 66 IP   flag post

Post 67 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Now, a very nice Conan Annual #1 would be a pleasure to have.

Absolutely!!
Post 68 IP   flag post

Post 69 IP   flag post

[img]https://e3effa51eee72fd900e3-2fb77
Post 70 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Are some of these older (relatively) or are these all a new bundle that was brought in recently?
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@southerncross Are some of these older (relatively) or are these all a new bundle that was brought in recently?

The Heroes for hire are from last week, I just hadn't seen them myself yet. A few of them are already sold and these I took a photo of are unsold copies.

The Ghosts 1
Weird war tales 1
Special marvel 15s
And Forbidden Love 1s came in today.
Post 72 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. Thanks!
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
If Ghosts and Weird War are for sale, I’d be interested. Please PM me. Thank you. Best regards.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
If Ghosts and Weird War are for sale, I’d be interested. Please PM me. Thank you. Best regards.

PM sent.
Post 75 IP   flag post

Post 76 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross - Seeing that Conan #11, it reminds me of how long (years, literally) I searched for a decent copy of that issue in those days before eBay.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Also would be interested in Ghost and Weird War if some are still available please pm me. Thanks!
Post 78 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
Also would be interested in Ghost and Weird War if some are still available please pm me. Thanks!

Same. Send me the info one those, please
Post 79 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I wish someone around here sold good books like that. The LCSs here cater to pull box and if you’re not a regular don’t even bother asking questions or seeing an over priced book off the shelf; it’s like they don’t know you so your money is not good there. IDK it’s all I know and the one cool dude (who still had his quirks) closed shop simply because he was bored with the shop. That man was funny; he priced fairly and he also priced what he wanted even if it was ridiculous. For him the price was the price and that’s what he wanted or get out. He did help me out a lot as new collector and made me some really good deals on his back issue drek. One of those people who could smell sincerity or BS on you when you walked in.
Post 80 IP   flag post
618097 153 30