Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head @Rafel PMs sent.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross You should get commission for the influx of purchases. lol! Cheers!! 🍻
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@southerncross You should get commission for the influx of purchases. lol! Cheers!! 🍻

I kind of get a employee discount and I'm happy to cherry pick thru a stack of unread books. I kind of turned into a condition snob.
Books that I would be admiring because of the condition I'm picking out very small flaws and going nah, next copy, nah next copy.

Strange for me 😂
Post 29 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I kind of get a employee discount and I'm happy to cherry pick thru a stack of unread books. I kind of turned into a condition snob.
Books that I would be admiring because of the condition I'm picking out very small flaws and going nah, next copy, nah next copy.

Strange for me 😂

That's funny... I've been that way for over 30 years.. lol....
Post 30 IP   flag post

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross

Such a cool find!

I purchased an unread / unopened Batman 251 on Ebay. Seller had a couple - and some other unread books. Nothing like that collection.

Opening the Bat251 was surreal… (I couldn’t leave it unopened!)

Yes, I bought the book without interior photos :-)
Post 31 IP   flag post

Post 32 IP   flag post
There are the odd Charlton though for the most part are DCs and Marvels.

Post 33 IP   flag post

I'm not too sure how many Swamp Thing 10s are left.

Post 34 IP   flag post

Unfortunately these are all sold.
I bought two because at $55 plus tax each I couldn't say no.
So two other copies went to different homes.

Now there are Shazam Limited collectors editions and the Famous firsts with Action comics 1 left. I don't have pictures of those.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross, what’s up with the monsters unleashed? I figured that was yours the first time I saw it but now on the second I had to ask.
Post 36 IP   flag post

Only this copy has come into the store when I snapped it up.

Some issues like Daredevil, Superman and The Flash have came in as a single issue.

While others come in numbering of three like this Metal Men issue.

And this Adventure comics.

Post 37 IP   flag post
@southerncross Most eggggcellent!!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
@southerncross, what’s up with the monsters unleashed? I figured that was yours the first time I saw it but now on the second I had to ask.

That was my copy, there was one other copy that came in and it was bought first so I'm assuming it looked better then my copy.

There are a couple of issues of another monster marvel mag in store.

If you see any of my pictures where you see my carpet they are mine and I've got them at home so are not for sale.

I'm going to try and take pictures in the shop in the future to show what's available.
Post 39 IP   flag post

There's a couple of Weird war tales but not a lot, a couple at most.

Unfortunately only one copy of this issue has come into the store.

Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

That was my copy, there was one other copy that came in and it was bought first so I'm assuming it looked better then my copy.

If you see any of my pictures where you see my carpet they are mine and I've got them at home so are not for sale.

I'm going to try and take pictures in the shop in the future to show what's available.
Right on.

Here's me with some marvel mag photo's not on your carpet.....

Post 41 IP   flag post

I didn't get this pressed, so not all books are extremely high grade but those that lack that make up for it in cover gloss and colors and or quality pages.

Post 42 IP   flag post
@southerncross Looks like the wedding is off at Castle Dunbar.
Great copy.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right on.

How's that?

I'll pM you contact details of the stores website if I've not done so.

The magazine came in as one and two copies.
There could be more in the future, maybe...
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@southerncross Looks like the wedding is off at Castle Dunbar.
Great copy.

Sad thing is there was only one copy.
Not the two, three or half a dozen to choose from.

It has a couple of spine creases and the bottom right corner isn't razor sharp like the top right corner.
Mark's books is turning me into a condition snob for the bronze age
Post 45 IP   flag post

Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right on.

How's that?

I'll pM you contact details of the stores website if I've not done so.

The magazine came in as one and two copies.
There could be more in the future, maybe...

Post 47 IP   flag post
Ghost books came in a long while ago and there were two to three copies each.

I should of looked at this copy more carefully when I submitted it, I grabbed it as a after thought to drop of at the convention where I should of dropped off another Ghost issue.

I love that electric blue cover.

Post 48 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Too bad Mark didn't collect Bronze Marvels. 😞
Post 49 IP   flag post

These came in on Friday.

I wasn't in the store so I asked for a copy to be reserved for me. They were posted on the stores Facebook page and the majority were sold within a day.
There maybe a copy or two left?

I'll try and take photos tomorrow if they are at the store.

Now these are going to be sweet.
Bought straight from the distributor so they never hit the news stands.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
shoosh mr. This is our safe space.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
shoosh mr. This is our safe space.

😂

He did buy Marvels

I just haven't many to show because DCs are cheap and I'm a budget collector and when I see issues of the Ghost at half what a Marvel would cost, and the fact they were not collected in large numbers and I see their condition I just can't say no.

The bulk of the books are from 1971-1976
But there are some anomaly issues like Wolverine limited issue 1s new stands.
I think I saw half a dozen copies of that issue.
Post 52 IP   flag post

Not the highest grade and the page quality is like cream to off-white.
A little bit of tanning is present too.
But I've always wanted a copy of this book to read.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I was a bit late picking up my copy.
6 had already been sold so I didn't look thru the remaining copies and just picked up a copy off the top of the remaining books.

The page quality looks white so that's good.
Post 54 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Unfortunately these are all sold.
I bought two because at $55 plus tax each I couldn't say no.
So two other copies went to different homes.

Now there are Shazam Limited collectors editions and the Famous firsts with Action comics 1 left. I don't have pictures of those.

Man, a day late is my song. I'd kill to have one of those. ❤️
Post 55 IP   flag post
618097 153 30