CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user


Post 326 • IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I love those old covers!!!

So much going on and the art work is amazing.

Too bad todays artists STILL haven't learned from the masters.
Post 327 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user



Post 328 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user





Post 329 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user






Post 330 • IP   flag post


Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user









Post 331 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross do you think the FMV warrants the tier bump?
Post 332 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@southerncross do you think the FMV warrants the tier bump?


I'm not sure, I don't have access to a FMV app, if anyone who has access to it could chime in?
Post 333 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross great batch of books Mike... Very nice..
Post 334 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross - Michael, unbelievable grades on those books! I have a Go Collect subscription, so here’s their available FMV’s for your books.

Phantom Stranger #14 - only seven 9.8’s on the census and no recent sales in that grade, so they do not even provide a FMV for that grade. They have the FMV of a 9.6 at $1,400.

Tender Love Stories #1 - there is only one 9.8 on the census, and only a total of 8 graded at all. After your 9.8, the next highest grade is a 9.0. A copy in that grade sold for $388 in 2012.

New Gods #1 - the FMV for a 9.8 is listed as $1,500.

X-Men #74 - again, no recent sales; the FMV for a 9.6 is listed as $750.

Witching Hour #13 - the FMV for a 9.8 is listed at $1,850.

Not a bad haul!
Post 335 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Happy Birthday Ed...
Post 336 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 - Thanks, Brian!
Post 337 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Happy birthday Ed!
Post 338 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Happy birthday, Ed!
Post 339 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo - Happy Birthday!!
Post 340 • IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo happy birthday
Post 341 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster, @DWeeB1967, @sportshort, and @Zombie_Head - thanks, guys! I turn 66 tomorrow.
Post 342 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo happy birthday Ed!
Post 343 • IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo happy bday!!
Post 344 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo thanks Ed, Happy birthday.

Not bad prices for my books.
Alas I don't sell but it's good to know what they are worth roughly.
Post 345 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@southerncross do you think the FMV warrants the tier bump?


With Ed's input that's why the submission got bumped from high value to unlimited value.

I'm ok with that.

You see a year ago at Emerald City I dropped off 6 books to the high value tier with CGC and they didn't bump me up to unlimited tier.

They were

Weird war Tales 1 9.8 FMV $10k
Strange Tales 169 9.8 FMV $4k
Daredevil 131 9.8 FMV $3800
Two Spidey Super Stories 16 9.6 FMV $800 each.

So I can't complain, all swings and roundabouts
Post 346 • IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday Ed!!!
Post 347 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday Ed!
Post 348 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders, @Rbolton, @southerncross, @Rafel, and @xkonk - thanks everyone! I’m going to treat myself to a hot fudge sundae today. And I am keeping my eyes open for a nice early ASM or SA key for my collection. If you have one for sale, send me a PM. Thanks again.
Post 349 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo that hot fudge Sunday sounds good. Enjoy...
Post 350 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday @esaravo!!!!
Post 351 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - Thanks, Angelo!
Post 352 • IP   flag post
Collector AlanL private msg quote post Address this user
Still about 4-5,000 books left in Mark’s collection!
Grumpy Old Man’s Comics, Art & Collectibles
1(206)257-0557
Post 353 • IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Happy birthday, Ed!

@southerncross those books are beyond amazing! That Phantom Stranger #14 is a grail for me, so cool!
Post 354 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 -thanks, Ben!
Post 355 • IP   flag post
657131 361 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.