Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 126 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Found this in a sealed box which I thought was cool.

Post 127 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Very cool. The books are smokin'.
Post 128 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 Thanks.

And it was cool finding the receipt in a sealed box, So the books were legitimately bought off the distributor and they were not books that were meant to be returned to the publisher as unsold.

A interesting story I just found out was the woman working there that was friends with Mark selling the books. Got in trouble at first when she sold him all the Shadow 1s from DC when they arrived at the distributor.
Then they realized Mark buying the books at 40% discount they made more money then they would of sending them out to the new stands.
Even if all the copies sold at the news stands. So she wasn't in trouble for long.

Only trouble would be if you were living in Seattle at the time you didn't see a shadow 1 hit the news stands.
Post 129 IP   flag post
So if Mark was getting 40% off the comics then he was paying 15 cents each for a 25c cover price comic book.

And the comics being sold on the news stands were probably getting 50% off so the distributor was getting 12.5 cents for each 25c cover price comic.
Then the news stands would send the unsold copies back to the distributor for credit.

So selling to Mark they made more money and not having to deal with unsold copies he bought.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Post 131 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross sweet. Nekra!!
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

at a time when people could do math
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

at a time when people could do math

Except percentages.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Cerebus3000 hey the 20c is in the house favour
Post 135 IP   flag post

I'm not a big fan of Shazam, but a Treasury for $15 why not.
Post 136 IP   flag post

Post 137 IP   flag post

Post 138 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
That Outlaw Kid #1 is incredible. I would lose my mind finding something like that.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Looks like TOD 10 is in

Post 140 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Yep I saw that. 🤩
Post 141 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I’m still waiting for any copies the of ASM #102 that he posted on this forum a few weeks ago to show up on his website. I guess they sold out before he had a chance to do it.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I’m still waiting for any copies the of ASM #102 that he posted on this forum a few weeks ago to show up on his website. I guess they sold out before he had a chance to do it.

Hi Ed,
Give him a call. I've received everything I've ordered from him.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm not sure about the 102, the 101s he had five copies and he posted them on his Facebook page and they were all sold within a hour and a half, crazy
Post 144 IP   flag post

Some of the original boxes the Charltons came in.
Post 145 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross that is cool!!
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@southerncross that is cool!!
I'm going to break them down and bring some home with me just for my collection.
Post 147 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Those are cool. Won't see those boxes floating around anywhere...
Post 148 IP   flag post

Post 149 IP   flag post

Post 150 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross - Great pickups! I had my eye on that WW for a few weeks.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Quote:
@southerncross - Great pickups! I had my eye on that WW for a few weeks.

The wonder woman is in sweet condition.

A little disappointed in the Phantom Stranger 10s condition. But I don't have one so it's better then nothing and I've always loved the cover.
Post 152 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Placed an order today.
Post 153 IP   flag post
618085 153 28