Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Johnny Craig Estate Purchases - Label Notation Possible?20877

Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
This week I purchased two comics (Doorway to Nightmare 4 and Vault of Horror 27 [Cochran 1999] from the estate of Johnny Craig.

These items were purchased from Chris Boyko (rolocbard on eBay)who has taken over the Craig estate sales from the sadly departed Roger Hill and came with a COA (I know, I know).

So, two things. First, look at these. Cool, huh?




Second, since I can provide multiple points of provenance (FB post where Chris noted he was taking up the sale of the Craig items after the passing of Roger Hill, completed eBay auction results, Craig COA) would I be able to provide enough documentation to get a "From the Estate of Johnny Craig" note on the CBCS label if submitted?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
This week I purchased two comics (Doorway to Nightmare 4 and Vault of Horror 27 [Cochran 1999] from the estate of Johnny Craig.

These items were purchased from Chris Boyko (rolocbard on eBay)who has taken over the Craig estate sales from the sadly departed Roger Hill and came with a COA (I know, I know).

So, two things. First, look at these. Cool, huh?




Second, since I can provide multiple points of provenance (FB post where Chris noted he was taking up the sale of the Craig items after the passing of Roger Hill, completed eBay auction results, Craig COA) would I be able to provide enough documentation to get a "From the Estate of Johnny Craig" note on the CBCS label if submitted?


Much cooler with the COA, I would say. Seems like that well-designed COA is the special part of the purchase. I personally would not trade it for a slab label, even if it said what you want on it. Sorry this doesn’t answer your question, just an observation.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Much cooler with the COA, I would say. Seems like that well-designed COA is the special part of the purchase. I personally would not trade it for a slab label, even if it said what you want on it. Sorry this doesn’t answer your question, just an observation.


Oh, totally agree. I wouldn't forfeit the certificates in order to receive a label notation, but for the Gaines File copies that have been CGC'd the certificates have remained with the books (not sure what the process was there) but aren't encapsulated, natch.

A few of the pedigree label copies the Gaines cert have been lost, but most I've seen still have them.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H would you be able to offer any insights?
Post 4 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KCBatmanFan I don't think Darryl is with CBCS anymore....Steve Ricketts is your best bet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KCBatmanFan I don't think Darryl is with CBCS anymore....Steve Ricketts is your best bet.


Steve usually has more pressing issues, so I didn't want to bother him. Didn't realize Darryl had moved on. Best wishes to him. He's helped me out a couple of times before.

@SteveRicketts when you have a spare moment, any thoughts on the original post of this thread? Any input appreciated.
Post 6 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KCBatmanFan I don't think Darryl is with CBCS anymore....Steve Ricketts is your best bet.


Steve usually has more pressing issues


Haha, well played.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
@KCBatmanFan Sending you a DM
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
@KCBatmanFan Sending you a DM


Thanks for the help, Wade.
Post 9 IP   flag post
610793 9 9
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.