Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Batman 232 - what’s the grade?20874

Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Curious to see what you all think, the popped staple is a tough one for me to judge.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I would guess 5.5 to 6.0.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
6.0-6.5
Post 5 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Post 6 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
It doesn’t fit neatly into typical ranges, with one moderate defect and very few additional minor defects. Really nice looking book.

I’ll put it this way: it would be a very appealing (to me) 6.0 and a disappointing 8.0 - but I can imagine it being graded in that range.

If we’re guessing outcome, I’ll say 6.5. If I didn’t have a copy and it graded out at 6.5, I’d be willing to pay at the very high end of 6.5 copies and wouldn’t feel bad about paying a premium.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
7.0 would be my estimation
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Post 9 IP   flag post
Really appreciate everyone's insight, I was thinking the 6.0-7.0 range, but it's a tough one because it presents so well but for the staple.

Thanks so much!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 - It definitely looks better than my 5.5 copy, but both staples are attached. Let us know what the experts say.

PS - I paid 15 cents for my copy, but the signatures cost me significantly more than that!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know how the grading companies work.

But from memory a book with a single popped staple can't grade higher then a 8.0 in the over street grading guide.
I don't have access to my copy to double check.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I have this Daredevil and haven't bothered to get it graded as the top staple has popped out and would come back 8.0.

Post 13 IP   flag post
@esaravo As usual, I'm jealous, Ed! Love that you have both Adams and O'Neil, and it's a nice copy. I've got a 5.0, but I picked this up for pretty cheap, all in all. It definitely presents well, so I'm sure I'll send it in at some point.

@southerncross that copy is beautiful, but I get why you haven't sent it in. I think you're right on the 8.0 max grade from what I researched (i.e., Googled).
Post 14 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
Really appreciate everyone's insight, I was thinking the 6.0-7.0 range, but it's a tough one because it presents so well but for the staple.

Thanks so much!
I’d say 6.0ish. I think I’d be happy with that book.
Post 15 IP   flag post
611388 15 15