Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector JHumble private msg quote post Address this user
Good Afternoon,

I searched the forums but what results I could find appeared quite outdated, thus the question.

If I do a prescreen ($10) and the book is found to be pressable, will I then be charged $15 for pressing or the difference between prescreen and pressing ($5)?

If this is answered elsewhere, please link. Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@JHumble - Hi. Press Screen ($10) and Pressing ($15) are cumulative, so yes, you would have a $25 total charge, if they deemed the com would benefit from a Pressing. Prescreen ($5) is for a comic to be looked at to see if it would likely meet a minimum grade level. So, let's say you did not want a comic graded if it was likely less that a 9.6. If the screener thought it would likely grade 9.4 or below, then the comic would not be graded, and you would only pay the $5 for the grade prescreen.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector JHumble private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@JHumble - Hi. Press Screen ($10) and Pressing ($15) are cumulative, so yes, you would have a $25 total charge, if they deemed the com would benefit from a Pressing.

I appreciate that. Will they confirm with you before pressing or is it automatically sent from press screen to pressing if it is determined beneficial? I think a better question may be, will CBCS let you know how much improvement a pressing/cleaning may provide?
Post 3 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
I can't see why a press screen and a grade screen are different amounts. They both have to take roughly the same amount of time.

If you have to pay $25 to screen and press, you may as well skip the screen, pay $15, and hope there is some benefit. Otherwise, you pretty much waste the $10.

Unless the consensus is that pressing will harm the comic.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Unless the consensus is that pressing will harm the comic.

Right, CBCS will not press a book if they think it will be damaged in the process.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHumble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@JHumble - Hi. Press Screen ($10) and Pressing ($15) are cumulative, so yes, you would have a $25 total charge, if they deemed the com would benefit from a Pressing.

I appreciate that. Will they confirm with you before pressing or is it automatically sent from press screen to pressing if it is determined beneficial? I think a better question may be, will CBCS let you know how much improvement a pressing/cleaning may provide?

@JHumble - Once Press Screen, it will automatically enter the Clean & Press process. There will not be any communication as to how much possible improvement could be achieved. Operations would like grind to a near halt if they did that.

They may communicate with you if the feel there is too much risk to the comic. That would be a MAY not a WILL.
Post 6 IP   flag post
611412 6 6