Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Want to Buy

Personal "Want to Buy" Thread20836

Collector Jr1776 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi this thread is about the comics im interested to buy it will be updated over the time.
Let me know if you have any of them for sale.
Please do not reply to this thread if you have nothing and you r just here to mocking me, thanks!

Here is what im looking for now:

Batman 300 to 400 (huge lot or run in this range)
Batman #113 1958 low/mid grade but attractive
JLA #2 to #90 1960 low/mid grade but attractive(prefer bundle but if you have a big book i could buy individually)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
You need to contact comic shops call them and ask if they have those issues you seek and work out a deal with them. Or online retail comic shop
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
You need to contact comic shops call them and ask if they have those issues you seek and work out a deal with them. Or online retail comic shop

No comics? No comment, thanks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Your geographical location makes the purchase of inexpensive books undesirable. You can continue to try here but the likelihood of success is slim.

I have a bunch of early, low grade JLA books starting at #2 that you declined so I'm not sure what your expectation is but be aware this is an uphill climb for you based on shipping cost alone.

Good luck.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr1776
Quote:

You know, you might try being a little bit more courtesy to the people who post in your thread. Your last thread was locked by moderation as I'm sure they saw it as less than sincere since you claimed to not even know what condition meant when asked about the grade you were looking for.

I would tread lightly if I were you, or you'll probably find this thread locked as well and given a longer ban than the previous two week vacation.

As you've been told before, your best bet is Heritage, Mile High, or some other volume dealer with experience in shipping internationally. Qualifiers such as all Newsstand or all Direct Market only makes your request that much more difficult to fulfill, especially on a chat board.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Your geographical location makes the purchase of inexpensive books undesirable. You can continue to try here but the likelihood of success is slim.

I have a bunch of early, low grade JLA books starting at #2 that you declined so I'm not sure what your expectation is but be aware this is an uphill climb for you based on shipping cost alone.

Good luck.

The books you show me was interesting but I don't wanted all of them so not sure that it would be good deal for you and me... but could you have more issues? 🤔

I was at least interest in #12,#29, and first royal flush gang, first red tornado
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Have you tried mycomicshop.com? They have a great selection of everything.

Good luck on your search.
Post 7 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
@Jr1776 did you attend?

Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@HAmistoso the Doctor Octopus costume was well done.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few of the 29's, pm me and I can shoot you over some pics and prices. Found a copy to compliment my all star 8
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Optic_Blast private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
you show me was interesting but I don't wanted all of them so not sure that it would be good deal for you and me... but could you have more issues?

I was at least interest in #12,#29, and first royal flush ga

You should a least mention how much you're willing to spend on the books/set. You'll probably get some people to dig through their boxes to look for the books you're looking for if they know what you're willing to spend. Another thing to consider is to stop being such a jerk to those people trying to provide help to you. No one is going to sell to you if you start dismissing other people's advice with a bad attitude.
Post 11 IP   flag post
OK that's too much, it turn everytime to the same situation, I'm no longer gonna post here. THREAD IS CLOSED!
Post 12 IP   flag post
I asked the moderator to get an all time restriction of posting
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Optic_Blast private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
OK that's too much, it turn everytime to the same situation, I'm no longer gonna post here. THREAD IS CLOSED!

Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Was the Cable 1 grail ever found?
Post 15 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You need to ignore people who focus on you more than on the topic.

I'm guilty of doing it to you too.

There is a "wanted" forum over on CGC.
There is also a hundred times more people. Your odds will be much better.

Thing is, asking for a run of JLofA is a tough one. It's a run a lot of people work hard to complete for their PC. They aren't usually looking to sell, other than some extra singles.
Good luck though.
Post 16 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
What in the... @Jr1776?
Post 17 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
These are not requirements of the board but I do have a couple tips for posting a want list here and getting results.

1. Post your location, it doesn't have to be your street address but country and state would be helpful as shipping and the opportunity to meet in person could be of interest to sellers if you are close by.

2. If you are going to some big comic conventions you could mention it as if is another potential opportunity for sellers to meet you in person eliminating shipping costs and allowing you to inspect raw books in person instead of relying on pictures.

3. The amount you are willing to pay would be very helpful to sellers. It might not be wise to post the maximum price you are willing to pay but posting a price that at least is near the bottom of the current market value of the book you are seeking indicates that you are a serious buyer and the seller is not wasting time with you. Even if the price you post is too low for the seller to accept it gives both of you a starting point to negotiate a price in person, through private messages, or e-mail.

4. Total budget is also helpful. If you have the funds to buy all of the books on your list sellers would be more interested in helping you than if you only have the funds to buy one book on your wish list.

5. For the books on your list let sellers know what grade range works for you. If books below a certain grade are not up to your standards discussing them in your thread would be a waste of time for all involved. If a book above a certain grade does not fit your budget and you would be happy with a lesser copy that would also help everyone stay on track.

6. When you are on a public forum asking people you might not know to help you find the books you need to be happy, antagonizing your audience will convince people that helping you might not be worth the trouble.

Good luck with your search.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
dougcomicworld.com
worldwidecomics
MileHighcomics
for a few

Doug Sulipa at Doug Comic World is good people and has been around forever - he is in Canada and will take a % off if paid through bank transfer rather than through paypal or credit card
ctrl + F is the easiest way to search his site

His site is old and antiquated but if you send a list of titles and issues he will send back what he has, what grade and what price
You can fill large runs with him usually for less than others
Post 19 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The guy's been banned.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
The guy's been banned.

That's not until July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
07-05-24 Jr1776 has been banned, as per his request
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hi this thread is about the comics im interested to buy it will be updated over the time.
Let me know if you have any of them for sale.
Please do not reply to this thread if you have nothing and you r just here to mocking me, thanks!

Here is what im looking for now:

Batman 300 to 400 (huge lot or run in this range)
Batman #113 1958 low/mid grade but attractive
JLA #2 to #90 1960 low/mid grade but attractive(prefer bundle but if you have a big book i could buy individually)

Quote:

Quote:

Bunch of meanies unwilling to look for his deals for him. Bet you wouldn't have paid for them either, if he demanded.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:

You need to ignore people who focus on you more than on the topic.

I'm guilty of doing it to you too.

There is a "wanted" forum over on CGC.
There is also a hundred times more people. Your odds will be much better.

Thing is, asking for a run of JLofA is a tough one. It's a run a lot of people work hard to complete for their PC. They aren't usually looking to sell, other than some extra singles.
Good luck though.

Haven't searched homeboy's posts on cgc in a while but he wasn't even attempting to put his want lists in the WTB section over there so moderation was deleting them also. Same attitude the whole time as well. Could be the language barrier but I stopped after a few threads devolved.
Post 23 IP   flag post
615413 23 23
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.