Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleQuestions

What would the CBCS Forum members do/prefer?20789

I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Green labels are stupid. Also, all green label grades should be 10.0; if we are grading the book as if it doesn't have flaws, it's gen mint.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
@DrWatson Green labels are stupid. Also, all green label grades should be 10.0; if we are grading the book as if it doesn't have flaws, it's gen mint.

Pretty sure CGC has a fee to pay now to receive a 9.9 or 10 grade...
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Sooooo....CGC charges an extra fee for 9.9 or 10 grades?? What kinda crap is that? And what happens if you don't pay that "fee"? Will CGC keep your comic book or give it a lower grade?

More reasons why I will never use CGC.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Pay to play.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I have a different opinion. I think it’s reasonable to differentiate between two books that have a major flaw in common but otherwise are in completely different condition. Certainly reasonable people would value them differently, so why not have an option for third-party graders to evaluate them differently?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I have a different opinion. I think it’s reasonable to differentiate between two books that have a major flaw in common but otherwise are in completely different condition. Certainly reasonable people would value them differently, so why not have an option for third-party graders to evaluate them differently?

Incomplete is incomplete. What is missing should be in the grader's notes. If we agree that an incomplete book is a 0.5, it's a 0.5 even if everything else is pristine. Again, grader's notes should illuminate the rest of the story. If the buyer wants to pay more, that's fine. The grade is not the book. The slab is not the book. Buy the book, not the grade.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

Incomplete is incomplete. What is missing should be in the grader's notes. If we agree that an incomplete book is a 0.5, it's a 0.5 even if everything else is pristine. Again, grader's notes should illuminate the rest of the story. If the buyer wants to pay more, that's fine. The grade is not the book. The slab is not the book. Buy the book, not the grade.

In my opinion, green labels are virtually obsolete....somewhat misleading and with the exception of unwitnessed signatures on books, unnecessary. They're obsolete because for every green labeled book there's more universal books of that same book. Its misleading because the grade given on the book is not the true grade.....and CBCS's signature verification program made the unwitnessed signature green label unnecessary.

The green label grade might be important information to some people but it would be better as a Grader Note on the universal labeled book. Example: Blue label grade: 7.0.....Qualified grade: 8.5.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
So, let's alter the question a bit...

If you had 2 Silver Age comics of the same issue (with fairly similar cover appearance) in your collection and you needed to pare down to only 1, would you keep:

A - CBCS 6.5 Exceptional White pages
or
B - CBCS 7.5 Cream to Off-White pages
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector MisterMR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Sooooo....CGC charges an extra fee for 9.9 or 10 grades?? What kinda crap is that? And what happens if you don't pay that "fee"? Will CGC keep your comic book or give it a lower grade?

More reasons why I will never use CGC.

They don’t, he was being sarcastic. But I know people are weirded out about a potential 9.9 prescreen coming in the future.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator

If you had 2 Silver Age comics of the same issue (with fairly similar cover appearance) in your collection and you needed to pare down to only 1, would you keep:

or

B 7.5 - all day long

now 6.5 Cream vs 6.0 Exceptional...maybe the 6.0
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector MisterMR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

or

B. Always go with the higher grade. The only time I care about PQ is when it’s gotten to brittle.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

or

B - Higher grade for sure....Exceptional White is nice but it never trumps a higher grade. Exceptional White beats any lower PQ for same grade books but not if Exceptional White/higher PQ book has a mis-wrap.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

or

I would probably go with the 7.5, but how the book looks overall could change my mind. I have kept books of slightly higher page quality and a slightly lower grade than a similar graded book before, and have also kept books with slightly lower page quality and a slightly higher grade, based on other factors.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:

or

I have already stated that I don't care much about page quality of a graded book, as I can't see it. I also expect the 7.5 will present better, since page quality is a factor in the grade. So I would keep the 7.5.
Post 39 IP   flag post
618083 39 14