Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Heroes con less than a month away, lets discuss meeting up20783

I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
As long as all of you understand how difficult it will be for me to eat somewhere other than the RedEye Diner.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
As long as all of you understand how difficult it will be for me to eat somewhere other than the RedEye Diner.

actually that is a great option. its one of the few places in Epicenter (now known as queen city quarter) still open. Its a diner. so typical food. epicenter is sadly mostly a ghost town at the moment so it shouldn't be packed. wont be hard to get a table

so options:
the cajin place
monarch
red eye diner
Post 27 IP   flag post
RedEye doesn't have a lot of big tables. If there are more than five or six of us, I don't think it would be viable.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
hm. lets take a rollcall. see how many want to do this.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Do we know what date yet?
Post 30 IP   flag post

what's good for everyone? Friday or sat could be best
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
I am up for either night. Just waiting on a decision from our group....
Post 32 IP   flag post
we need a number. whether if enough for red eye....or to make reservation at cajin....or whatever with monarch
Post 33 IP   flag post
anyone?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Friday may work better for me.
Post 35 IP   flag post
considering I live in charlotte (10-15 min walk from convention) any day is good.
Post 36 IP   flag post
seems not a lot are discussing
Post 37 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
I could do Friday or Saturday
Post 38 IP   flag post
lets set this in stone. who's coming, where and when? if we end up doing the cajin we'd need reservations, if monarch or anywhere lets still discuss
Post 39 IP   flag post
Yes! We need a count of how many people we are going to have, as well as some cool hobbyists that I may bring as well.
The smaller the group, the better chance we have on getting any reservations (CQ or RED?) and the larger the group, we need to find a place (Monarch?) that will accommodate a lager party.

If there are no posts soon, I will get with @power_struggle55 and we will make the final decision....
Post 40 IP   flag post
I will be around Fri and Sat but have to make sure it’s not a long night as we will be driving to and from Columbia SC.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
Don’t know if anyone will be working the con. Saturday the con ends at 6. We could meet at the CBCS booth and work our way to Monarch from there.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom74152
Don’t know if anyone will be working the con. Saturday the con ends at 6. We could meet at the CBCS booth and work our way to Monarch from there.

that is a good idea. I think Monarch is best option. it has a variety of different places so we can all get what we'd like. there are plenty of tables (again think of it as a food court scenario) if by chance we cant get a table they do have takeout and there is an outdoor area with plenty of tables
Post 43 IP   flag post
I am going to be at the con with my wife, 7-year-old, and our twenty-something roommate (who is kind of like another child), so I can't commit to anything requiring a reservation. I may not be able to wander off by myself, or I may be dragging extra humans along. As much as I would like to do a sit-down dinner, I think the Saturday at the food court type place is the best, most flexible option.
Post 44 IP   flag post
so lets agree to meet up at Monarch. as I said its a food court like place. so a bunch of choices, seating and an outdoor bar. we can meet up at the bar after the show.

I think its best as some might not want cajin, or drive, you pay upfront when you order. so can leave anytime you want without waiting for the check.

If you want to know what places the got. they have:
https://www.monarchmarketclt.com/foodanddrink

-
Post 45 IP   flag post
we are 12 days away. we need to finalize when and where?

Lets just call it. Monarch, Saturday. con ends at 5pm (vs 6pm) so we will have better luck if we do Monarch

lets meet either at the cbcs table or at the bar at Monarch (its an outdoor one)
Post 46 IP   flag post
I agree!
I think we should meet at the CBCS booth 15 minutes before the con ends.
Thoughts or commitments?
Post 47 IP   flag post
Sounds like a plan.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Sounds good, Saturday 15 min prior at cbcs table monarch

Now price wise if you get a full meal will be around $20 depending on where at monarch. No need for a tip as you order at the counter and you pick up food but they do clean table
Post 49 IP   flag post
I’m in
Post 50 IP   flag post
I've eaten at Monarch twice. they got a really good burger place. as Ive also stated there is a bar outside as you enter. but official name is Monarch Market. its right on Tryon. hard to miss on the street. Its been open for less than a year.

I think this is best. its short walk from convention and near most of the hotels. I'm sure most of you don't want to drive anywhere and want to be near their hotel.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Here are images of monarch

Post 52 IP   flag post
the panel list for the weekend was released. made sure to pick ones that don't end as convention ends so can do meetup if we do saturday
Post 53 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
I agree!
I think we should meet at the CBCS booth 15 minutes before the con ends.
Thoughts or commitments?

Meeting up at the CBCS booth 15 minutes before the show ends sounds like the best option after reading through the thread.

I would suggest we do so on Saturday but we could always do it Friday if more people would prefer it.

I would like to do the meet up once we are all on the same page.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I think sat is the best. show ends earlier.
Post 55 IP   flag post
615425 62 30