Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Heroes con less than a month away, lets discuss meeting up20783

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
We had discussed this prior and sounds like the plan is to do a meetup for possibly lunch or dinner. I think dinner will be best as it can be any day at any time. lunch would be trickier as we all have different plans. we could have plans like lines, panels. etc.

I live in Charlotte (10-15 min walk from convention center). so know of all the good places.

I believe its best to eat within a walking distance from convention as probably no one wants to do driving.

I think best place to meet up is Monarch that's on south Tryon thats down the road from the park next to convention center. It's basically a upscale food court with great food. very spacious with plenty of seating.

but we can discuss
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I may only be there two of the days but I will try to make it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
That Sunday is Father’s Day and I always do the con with my daughter. If you decide on Saturday give me a time and place and I’ll be there. Not sure if I can make Sunday.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Fri or sat is probably best for most for those traveling after Sunday or plan on doing Father’s Day stuff
Post 4 IP   flag post
clickable text

Monarch site
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector JHumble private msg quote post Address this user
At some point my family will be coming up, I think it will likely be Saturday. That said any other day is good for me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
I can do Fri, Sat or Sun.
The Cajun Queen is AMAZING for dinner!
https://cajunqueen.com/
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm sure it is. personally I don't drive. so it has to be within a walking distance. I think Monarch will be best option it has everything from burgers to sushis to lobster rolls, etc

only reason you haven't tried it is it opened after last year's show
Post 8 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
The Cajun queen is good.Ate some killer jambalaya there years ago. Monarch looks good, already picked out a couple of things on the menu
Post 9 IP   flag post
Monarch sounds good to me. Would it be smart to settle on a day and make reservations?
Post 10 IP   flag post
I hate Shushi.
Depending on how many people are going, I can get us a super large Uber and I would pay for it. Missed out on the Cajun Queen last year....
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
I hate Shushi.
Depending on how many people are going, I can get us a super large Uber and I would pay for it. Missed out on the Cajun Queen last year....

where is everyone is planning on staying? but if we all do agree the cajin place I can find a ride.

also doesn't have to be sushi. as I said its like a food court but high end places. has a really good burger joint.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHumble
Monarch sounds good to me. Would it be smart to settle on a day and make reservations?

monarch is a simple go to one of the many counters, order your food, get food, sit, eat. no reservations however on a Friday or Saturday night might be packed.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I’m staying 80 miles away at my house
Post 14 IP   flag post
I’ll be commuting from Columbia,SC
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHumble

monarch is a simple go to one of the many counters, order your food, get food, sit, eat. no reservations however on a Friday or Saturday night might be packed.

I don't want to wait a long time if they don't take reservations. Also, do they have a FULL bar? I will need a stiff drink after a long day. 🤣
Post 16 IP   flag post
actually they do have a bar. its on the outside of the place right next to the entrance to the inside. If you want to eat at the cajin. If everyone is up to it. I will. I just suggested monarch as it has a variety of food and is down the road from the park.

you order your food like at a fast food place (or food court). at the counter.

but if you feel a place with reservations is best..then that works.

lets first find out who is in, then take a vote. then if the cajin takes the most votes, we will decide on day. if needed reservations.

other options:

Alexander Michaels- a great pub with great food and awesome beer on tap a little further away than monarch but walking distance still. however its very popular and unless you get there early will wait especially on weekends and is closed on sundays. (small establishment) but food worth the wait. its a great local place that is a staple of the city when COVID hit and they had to close. chances were was not going to survive...but the community did a fundraiser to keep it alive till they can open. Located right near 4th ward park.

Capital grill- also on Tryon a little further down the road from Monarch. does take reservations but more pricey. Located right near Belk Theater.

Plenty of fast casual places like "Qdoba", "Potbellys" "Chipolte" all along south tryon

we used to have plenty of more in "Epicenter" with perfect places and is right near Bank of America building aka where probably most are staying. but COVID killed it. mostly a ghost town that's seeing a rebirth but not there yet
Post 17 IP   flag post
I won't do fast food, it tastes like crap and there is no bar, so I vote for the CQ if the buffet doesn't take reservations.

Yes, I am picky. 🙃
Post 18 IP   flag post
again not a buffet. just a high end food court. there is like a 10 different places to order. if one is busy...try another. but CQ is good if you make the reservation

lets did a head count, then take a vote on where. I say Monarch you say CQ. others might like the other options I gave. or have one themselves
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
again not a buffet. just a high end food court. there is like a 10 different places to order. if one is busy...try another. but CQ is good if you make the reservation

lets did a head count, then take a vote on where. I say Monarch you say CQ. others might like the other options I gave. or have one themselves

A vote works for me👍
Post 20 IP   flag post
I can do lunch at Monarch and Dinner at the Queen or the other way around. Now I am intrigued by both
Post 21 IP   flag post
Anyone have a preference?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Cajun sounds fantastic but also understand we will likely have a service charge due to the large party, not to mention if a table is reserved and people can't show up for one reason or another.

That said, I believe the most prudent choice for planning would be the Monarch food court.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Monarch is a 5 minute walk from the convention center. So will be easier for people to get there vs driving
Post 24 IP   flag post
I am just worried that on a weekend night of a big con, some place that close will be packed.
That said, I will go wherever 👍😊
Post 25 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
As long as all of you understand how difficult it will be for me to eat somewhere other than the RedEye Diner.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
As long as all of you understand how difficult it will be for me to eat somewhere other than the RedEye Diner.

actually that is a great option. its one of the few places in Epicenter (now known as queen city quarter) still open. Its a diner. so typical food. epicenter is sadly mostly a ghost town at the moment so it shouldn't be packed. wont be hard to get a table

so options:
the cajin place
monarch
red eye diner
Post 27 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
RedEye doesn't have a lot of big tables. If there are more than five or six of us, I don't think it would be viable.
Post 28 IP   flag post
hm. lets take a rollcall. see how many want to do this.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Do we know what date yet?
Post 30 IP   flag post
611413 62 30