Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics MagazinesFor Sale

MCS Auction by CBCS Forum members ending Monday May 20th!20770

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
If you have not bid on MyComicShop (MCS) auction items in the past, they are NO Reserve auctions with $1 start bids. If you do not have funds on credit with them, they do charge a small 3% buyer fee. Their shipping is extremely secure (best that I have seen) and starts at a very reasonable $7. Shipping is most definitely not a profit center for MCS.

For fellow forum members who have items in this auction, please feel free to post comics, magazines, and artwork that you have in this weeks auction here in this thread.

Happy bidding and happy selling!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
To view all of my items in this weeks MCS auction, please click HERE

First up:

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector donutsdad private msg quote post Address this user
i understand it is a long process to get your books on their auction...what's involved?
Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsdad
i understand it is a long process to get your books on their auction...what's involved?

@donutsdad - Eh, I guess it is relative to your expectations. Compared to Heritage or ComicConnect, @MyComicShop is lightning fast. Compared to eBay, very slow. Compared to ComicLink, about the same. I know, as I have used all of the above.

Basically, you set up your account. If sending in encased comics, you can use this link: QuickSubmit to load submit or you can use the specific comic itemizations with this link: Record They usually get back to you with a submission confirmation to place into your shipment the same or next business day.

Once they receive your items will appear in your consignment for listing (with fresh scans and details) within a few days to a few weeks. Right now, if your items are received by May 20th, they should be available for the special CBCS only 10th Anniversary Celebration Auction.

Any items sold get payments sent to you on a weekly basis. If you hold your funds on account, you can use those funds to pay for purchases without paying the 3% buyers fee. As a seller, the fixed price fee is 10% under $300 (min $5) and 8% for every dollar over $300. For auction items, it is 8% ($5.00) minimum fee. They do not charge the sellers for any shipping costs (unless you request the send you back some comics).

Este is the consignment manager. She is great.
Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
When we drop slabs off at MCS for consignment they are generally processed and ready to go in about a week. Once listed on the web site they can be moved from consignment to auction effortlessly.
Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post

Post 8 IP   flag post

Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
And, the final entry…

Post 11 IP   flag post
Going into the weekend, here are the current bid levels:

Marvel Comics Super Special (1977) 12 CBCS 8.5 (23-11CBD69-012) Newsstand Edition. Current bid: $2.00, 2 bids
Marvel Comics Super Special (1977) 27 CBCS 8.5 (23-11CBD69-032) Newsstand Edition. Current bid: $15.00, 3 bids
Marvel Comics Super Special (1977) 35 CBCS 9.2 (23-15781A3-013) Newsstand Edition. Current bid: $17.00, 5 bids

Marvel Fanfare (1982 1st Series) 3 CBCS 9.4 (21-2496D64-003) Direct Edition. Current bid: $3.00, 2 bids
Marvel Fanfare (1982 1st Series) 10 CBCS 9.0 (22-3985F7A-008) Direct Edition. Current bid: $1.00, 1 bid

Millennium (1987 DC) 1 CBCS 9.6 (22-1BB7A3B-012) Direct Edition. Current bid: $4.00, 2 bids

Ms. Mystic (1982 1st Series) 1 CBCS 8.5 (22-3985F7A-016) Auction in progress. Current bid: $8.00, 3 bids
Post 12 IP   flag post
Final day of the auction is here. The auctions start ending today at 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern. Here are the current bids:

Marvel Comics Super Special (1977) 12 CBCS 8.5 (23-11CBD69-012) Newsstand Edition Current bid: $6.00
Marvel Comics Super Special (1977) 27 CBCS 8.5(23-11CBD69-032) bid: $19.00
Marvel Comics Super Special (1977) 35 CBCS 9.2 (23-15781A3-013) Newsstand Edition Current bid: $23.00

Marvel Fanfare (1982 1st Series) 3 CBCS 9.4 (21-2496D64-003) Direct Edition. Current bid: $3.00
Marvel Fanfare (1982 1st Series) 10 CBCS 9.0 (22-3985F7A-008) Direct Edition Current bid: $9.00

Millennium (1987 DC) 1 CBCS 9.6 (22-1BB7A3B-012) Direct Edition Current bid: $4.00

Ms. Mystic (1982 1st Series) 1 CBCS 8.5 (22-3985F7A-016) Current bid: $21.00

Post 13 IP   flag post
The auction countdowns have started. Current bids range between $7 and $23. To view all of my items in this weeks MCS auction, please click HERE
Post 14 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I hadn't been so worn out yesterday; I would have bid on that Marvel Fanfare 10.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@James42 - with election season upon us, you gotta bid early and bid often. 😉. Not to worry, there is another MF 10coming in the June 10th CBCS 10th Anniversary Celebration auction. 🍻
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user

Rick and Morty (2015 Oni Press) #2

1:20 RETAILER VARIANT

MCS GRADE: VF+ 8.5

1st PRINT

Bidding on this book is at ONE DOLLAR, as I type this....WTF?!!?

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=60676391

Limited 1 for 20 Retailer Incentive Variant Cover. Written by Zac Gorman. Art by CJ Cannon. Cover by Erica Hayes. Part Two of 'The Wubba Lubba Dub Dub of Wall Street'! Trapped in a winding labyrinth of Rick's own design, Morty desperately searches for an escape as Rick desperately searches for his hidden cache of booze. Meanwhile, the rest of the family tries to figure out what to do with Morty's now-vacant room, not to mention the weird alien Jerry accidentally released from Rick's lab. 28 pages, full color. Cover price $3.99.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
RICK AND MORTY #1 CGC 9.8
1ST PRINT
Books A Million Variant

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?tid=27884312&auctionstatus=notended

Post 18 IP   flag post
614863 18 18