Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop CultureToys

Transformers 40th Anniversary Screening20766

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Just wanted to give a heads up, it looks like there will be a screening of the first four episodes of the original animated series this wrrk at select theaters, along with some special features

Official Website
Post 1 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Cool. Showings are this Wednesday (at least in my area). Geez, 40 years!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
Dang and with recent success of the The Transformr books by Daniel Warren Johnson is perfect. Sidenote curious to know what some veteran readers who grew up with the OG animated show and or comics think about the current run.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker
Dang and with recent success of the The Transformr books by Daniel Warren Johnson is perfect. Sidenote curious to know what some veteran readers who grew up with the OG animated show and or comics think about the current run.

It's interesting. It's trying to stay true to the source material while being modern. I like the writing for the most part but am not totally sold on the art at this point. But I will say the art fits the atmosphere of the book. It's very violent. Like on the level of Marvel's G2 series. With the robot gore to go along with it. I definitely wouldn't recommend the series for kids just like I wouldn't recommend IDW's series for kids. All said, I enjoy it. Right now, it also seems Hasbro is staying hands off while the continuity is established before stepping in to have certain characters/designs featured to hype up some toys.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Optic_Blast private msg quote post Address this user
Damn...40 years huh? I feel super old now.
Post 5 IP   flag post
614861 5 5