Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPComics MagazinesPop CultureSignatures

CBCS Crooks20753

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
I had a book break in shipment to a buyer. Shipped with UPS. Arrived very damaged. I paid for $200 insurance. It was very well packed…. But not well enough I guess. I got reimbursed, but Problem is, it wasn’t for the value of the book, it was for the sales amount on the eBay sale. Was told “if the book sold for x, it can be replaced for x. Therefore that’s the reimbursement amount.” Lesson learned. Never insure for more than you sold it for. (And pack better than I did)
Post 51 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, I think CBCS should keep cordless high resolution cameras in every single order they fulfill. They could have constant monitoring, from the time it enters the building, to the time the customer opens the package. Each camera would be monitored by a trained professional to ensure nothing happens to the book once it leaves the facility, and if something does happen, then they would know exactly what, when, and where. Not only should they have cameras, but they should also include a microchip in every slab that would monitor the vital signs of the comic book. If any abnormal change occurs in the vitals, then they would immediately dispatch emergency response personnel to the location. They could even offer additional services as an ad on, if not for free. New comics could be $25, Moderns for $35, Bronze and Silver for $55, and Gold & Platinum for $65.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Plutonium for $100
And add shock indicators in every slab
Post 53 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 lol. Sicne then, Ive made it a habit of double boxing all books valued over $500. The hoops it took to jump through just to get my refund above isnt worth the extra $15 I have to pay for insurance. The lady over the phone said basically for you to get a refund for the sales price instantly without going through this 2 months of "send us this, upload that, did you take pictures of the unboxing?" the item would have to be "lost in transit". She said there's just too much fraud out there straining the insurance program. Then I read this article - and now I know why they deny claims...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdtn/pr/texas-man-charged-400000-shipping-scam-against-fedex

This is just one case that we know of... so now every legit damage case gets screwed i guess...
Post 54 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The title of this thread is too provocative and slanderous.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
This is just one case that we know of... so now every legit damage case gets screwed i guess...

It's sad that it is the way of the world (certainly country) in today's time.
The ones that are decent, respectful, honest get screwed over by the few (bunch?) that are not
Post 56 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Yep - it's a bit much to say the least. Some newbie comes along and sees the title here and it is beyond unfair the 1st thoughts that get inserted into medulla oblongota
Post 57 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 So true. Days long gone...
Post 58 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Yep - it's a bit much to say the least. Some newbie comes along and sees the title here and it is beyond unfair the 1st thoughts that get inserted into medulla oblongota

They'll survive.
Plus, if that same newbie reads through the thread, they'll see staff step in, completely and fairly resolve the situation and the OP responds that he is satisfied, etc. as happens in every complaint thread.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Not a question of surviving....more a question of validity......and being a website accessible by the world.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
People's memory are fickle and often more emotion based than logic based.
That's just who we are at times.
So it might bias a few and although they'll survive, they may lose 1 or more customers. Even 1 is unfair

That said, if I created a thread on this Forum "Hey everyone, I just sh$t my pants", although clearly I didn't (I think); I guarantee many on here will remember me on here as the guy who shat his pants years from now.
It'd probably be in my avatar quote as well
Post 61 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
People's memory are fickle and often more emotion based than logic based.
That's just who we are at times.

That said, if I created a thread on this Forum "Hey everyone, I just sh$t my pants", although clearly I didn't (I think); I guarantee many on here will remember me on here as the guy who shat his pants years from now.
It'd probably be in my avatar quote as well

The more we reply, the more the thread hits the top of the list.
Maybe we should all go create a bunch of new threads and bury it to make sure CBCS survives this complaint.

I'll start with "what are you eating?"
Post 62 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
For me the word "crooks" made me skeptical of all other details that were shared. It's hard to take someone serious or trust their opinions when they start with slanderous hyperbole out of the gate.
Post 63 IP   flag post
These types of complaint threads, I've always found confusing.

I want to preface this with: I don"t believe for a second that CBCS and CGC are beyond damaging books....ofcourse they're not. There is always risk whenever handling books.

The above being said....CBCS and CGC are comic book graders. They understand more than many and atleast the same as more seasoned collectors, the importance of handling books....they're in the grading business...its part of their core training.

Obviously, we know CBCS and CGC have damaged peoples books....their was even a CGC video a while back where people got upset at how the grader was handling the book.

We also know how notorious shipping companies are with handling people's property. Everyone has a story of how utterly brutal they can be. They throw, kick, stack and push your packages and boxes all to hell. This is fairy common knowledge.

Knowing these things...why is it when damage happens, the default accusation is CBCS or CGC?

Sometimes you can tell for sure it was the grading company. But to me, if there's any ambiguity to the damage....my first thoughts are the shipping company...because that's what they do....not the grading company who's core knowledge is the understanding of the importance of condition.

Just a thought.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
For me the word "crooks" made me skeptical of all other details that were shared. It's hard to take someone serious or trust their opinions when they start with slanderous hyperbole out of the gate.

Exactly why I don't understand why people are upset this thread exsists.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user

Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
"Hey everyone, I just sh$t my pants"

We shall make this your quote. 🤣
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

YES! Love it! (Because it's not me this time!) 🤣🤣🤣
Post 68 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
Quote:
Quote:

YES! Love it! (Because it's not me this time!) 🤣🤣🤣

Quote:
remember me on here as the guy who shat his pants
Post 69 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Splotches is gettin old!
Post 70 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Splotches is gettin old!
after 4 years of my title change; I’m still trying not to be an ass, but sometimes it’s unavoidable.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Splotches is gettin old!

Here's your theme song.

Post 72 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
@GAC
Post 73 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 lol!! cheers!! 🍻
Post 74 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 isn’t Jessie in charge of the quotes?
Post 75 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Nuffsaid111 isn’t Jesse in charge of the quotes?

Nope. I have no control over them.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Update ?
Post 77 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 78 IP   flag post
611387 78 28