Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeGrading Help NeededSignatures

UXM 129 Detached Centerfold Grade?20750

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Going through a bunch of books I recently had signed to figure out which ones were ready for signing and grading when I came across this book.

I bought it about ten years ago for almost nothing but did recently pay to get it signed.

Even if I wanted to have it graded the detached inner wrap creates a bit of an over hang (cover is firmly attached).

Any feedback about the grade of the book or where to price it would be appreciated.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DoorCntyComicColl private msg quote post Address this user
I see this as a 2.0 - 2.5. It looks to be in rough shape and even though it's a Newsstand copy I'm not sure just from the cost of grading and Signature authentication will you break even selling it.

But you never know.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorCntyComicColl
I see this as a 2.0 - 2.5. It looks to be in rough shape and even though it's a Newsstand copy I'm not sure just from the cost of grading and Signature authentication will you break even selling it.

But you never know.

Thanks for the feedback.

Might be better off selling it raw.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
How bad is the paper affected where the centerfold was attached to the staples? A good paper mechanic can sometimes reattach the centerfold enough to pass grading.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
How bad is the paper affected where the centerfold was attached to the staples? A good paper mechanic can sometimes reattach the centerfold enough to pass grading.

Good point, thanks for the feedback.

I am having dinner with a friend who might know about it.

I will show him the book.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Another thought would be, given the condition of the book, I might be tempted to reattach it with tape if it won't slide back in to place.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Another thought would be, given the condition of the book, I might be tempted to reattach it with tape if it won't slide back in to place.

If I was slabbing the book it might add value.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Honesty 2.0 to 2.5 seems about right. Not sure I would have spent the money for the signature. Wouldn't try an amatuer restoration. If you're looking for preservation that's one thing. If you're looking to flip probably not worth touching. Just my opinion
Post 8 IP   flag post
615415 8 8