Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

PGX to CBCS signed20746

Collector StanPinkerton private msg quote post Address this user
I have a witness signed Wolverine 4 limited in a PGX holder that I would like to get into a new case. Am I able to keep the witness signature or does it become a verified signature instead after cracked and recased?
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
The book would need to go through the signature verification process.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
.,..and be careful of pgx books. They are not good for our hobby and they have way too many fake sigs.
These people are bad news 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑☹
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink Not to
mention over grading & a long history of missing restoration.

@StanPinkerton I only mention this,☝🏻 to warn of the possibility of a grade drop. Definitely have it pressed when making the transition.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector StanPinkerton private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
True story [that I mentioned on these boards before]: I was on a bus on my way to work one morning when I overhear two young university guys talking about the party they went that weekend. They were comparing the girls they met, and one of the guys describes the over inflated ego of one of the girls, and he said "She thinks of herself as a PGX 10, but she's only a CGC 5.0"
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If she's a PGX 10, then that means she's had botox, lip injections, and probably a boob job.
Post 7 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
If she's a PGX 10, then that means she's had botox, lip injections, and probably a boob job.

It could be quite possible that she was really a he. PGX slab counterfeits too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Well, maybe if they were in Montreal.
Post 9 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson lol!!! Toronto too!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@sborock_ComicLink Not to
mention over grading & a long history of missing restoration.

You should see the books I just got back from cgc. One was a Batman 423 with several clear as day spine ticks breaking color…I was expecting an 8.0/8.5…grade
came back a 9.4.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanPinkerton
I have a witness signed Wolverine 4 limited in a PGX holder that I would like to get into a new case. Am I able to keep the witness signature or does it become a verified signature instead after cracked and recased?

Perhaps more helpful suggestion for you would be to use Beckett Authentication Service's "Signature Review". You send a link to or a picture of the signed book and a signature expert will take a quick look and offer an opinion if the signature is likely to pass full authentication. This will give you some security in your decision.

It's good sport here to bash PGX - but it's a mistake to assume every or most signed PGX comics are fake.

I cannot remember if your CBCS logon works at the link below - but if a Beckett account is needed you can set one up for free.

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/services/signature-review
Post 12 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan - Great suggestion!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector ProdigalSon private msg quote post Address this user
I've actually had some luck with PGX.. I've cracked several for signings, and had my fair share retain the same grade, a few higher, and sadly, some lower. But switching PGX over to CBCS has been more successful for me than switching CGC over to CBCS. I've had some CGC's drop a full 2 points in grade while switching over.
Post 14 IP   flag post
611388 14 14