Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Autograph value20730

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
He bought some books from a booth I was working. The sketch was part of the deal.

He's the human equivalent of Scrooge McDuck and the poster child for a grumpy old man. That said, the grouchy bastard is a talented artist.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Not only is he the living embodiment of Scrooge McDuck.
But he also changes his "rules" every darn time I see him. And for me, that's the bigger issue

"I won't do this". "I will do that", "No I don't think so with this".
Then next year the No's becomes Yes's and the Yes's become "No's".

I can deal with the curmudgeon attitude. But I can't deal with the changing of his rules on what he will and won't do every single darn year.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I'm surprised that Rosa did not put "Do Not Slab" on the comic.
He did it with mine and I'm still itchin' to send it in just as a "I will do what I want"

If it were mine and I wanted it slabbed, I would find a colorist or another artist to color or ammend the sketch getting rid of the Not to be Slabbed.

It would be like a tattoo artist fixing a botched tattoo.

He's scared shitless that someone might make a dime off his back. It's cost him money in the long run.

Where does he think he would be without Carl Barks leading the way?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Artists are, well, a different breed..

Personalization of a comic? Really? That’s just insane.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I don't have a problem with personalized autographs.

However, if I am paying for the autograph, then I think I should have some input on what it says.

And that Not to be Slabbed business if for the birds.
Post 30 IP   flag post

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
I have seen very few remarques that really added appeal to a signature. Either they don't stand out well against the cover art, are unrelated to the book they are on, or they are too rushed to really be representative of the artist's professional style. Occasionally I see one that is amazing, but for the most part they are "meh" at best. I would never pay an extra fee for a remarque.

I agree. This is my only owned remarque because I really like it. It caught my eye at a comicon and I had to have it.

Post 31 IP   flag post
616095 31 6