Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Bought a graded comic from mycomicshop. I noticed (hasn't shipped) that the label has discoloration. is this a deal breaker? I mean personally don't care but should I?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Wait until you see it in person, that looks like it could be a scanner or photo effect.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
contacted them to verify if its photo or a defect. there was no mention in description which they claim they will mention if any slab defects
Post 3 IP   flag post
got comic because I liked cover (2 girls reading comics) and for the price I paid. helps build slabbed collection (now at 15 total) and had noticed it after I ordered
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Wait until you see it in person, that looks like it could be a scanner or photo effect.

this^^^
Label is sometimes wavey inside the case and shows oddly when scanned/photoed
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Bought a graded comic from mycomicshop. I noticed (hasn't shipped) that the label has discoloration. is this a deal breaker? I mean personally don't care but should I?

I would check the serial number and grade in the CBCS "Population" report. If it's there, then I wouldn't worry about it, but if it's not then I would contact CBCS.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I went to look at the back and noticed a somewhat similar "discoloration" on back. so I think figment and KatKomics are correct with it being just the image from the scan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
you should be okay
Post 8 IP   flag post
I did contact them to ask about it but as you said its probably the picture. if it comes in with the defect Ill contact them. as their eBay description say

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Any CBCS case may have minor imperfections including Newton rings, scuffs, standard surface wear, or minor cracks. CBCS considers these defects acceptable, as do we. If there is any significant damage to the slab it will be noted in our description

I'd argue discoloration should've been mentioned
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

OT
You go through eBay to buy from MCS?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

OT
You go through eBay to buy from MCS?

had an eBay gift card
Post 11 IP   flag post
also normally do buy from their site. this is the 6th slabbed I bought from them. the other 5 times were on their site
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
also normally do buy from their site. this is the 6th slabbed I bought from them. the other 5 times were on their site

Just checking in case you weren't aware of the savings by kicking eBay to the curb.
Post 13 IP   flag post
ok they responded to me inquiring about it. they confirmed its a glare from the scan as you all pointed out
Post 14 IP   flag post
update...got comic yesterday and it was due to scan. label looked perfect
Post 15 IP   flag post
602967 15 15