Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Restoration and ConservationGrading Help Needed

CBCS boss please look at this.20683

I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
A well functioning company takes into consideration complaints and sometimes acts upon them.
What a novel idea
Post 26 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
While I may not agree with everyone (or most), I generally find reading the opinions of others informative. Even if only to get the pulse of the community. Indeed, putting “pen to paper” and engaging also has value, even if the output is dismissed by many (or most).

Some may wish to limit or moderate forum engagement beyond the forum’s official guidelines. “Don’t play in my sand box!” Personally, I think that devalues the forum, particularly considering how limited engagement already is.

I’m neither a CBCS fanboy or CGC shill. Raising concerns has value - indeed tremendous potential value for CBCS management as well, particularly if they spend the time sorting the wheat from chaff.

I am guessing not a sign of times but perhaps amplified by technology, the whole “team” undercurrent here - as in politics - is unfortunate.
Post 27 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
But you realize this a forum for collectors...people who like the hobby and for the most part CBCS....your complaints would actually be better served going directly to customer service....but then there's no audience when sending directly to customer service....also, the complaints are always the same....everyone knows your complaints....its as if you have complaint templates that you use whenever a new thread pops up. A newbie starts a thread complaining about something that we've all seen before and out come the "copy paste complaint post templates".
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
For people that truly hate 3PG.....what a weird place to spend your time.

I love comics and no matter what anyone thinks of grading it’s not going anywhere. It’s brought a tremendous amount of money into the hobby that I think is good for its survival.

All that said, a monopoly of one comic grading company isn’t good and CBCS is the only credible counterweight to CGC. For that reason, CBCS can’t just be as good as CGC, it needs to be better. The “whelp they’re not landing on the moon” attitude ain’t gonna cut it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
But you realize this a forum for collectors...people who like the hobby and for the most part CBCS....your complaints would actually be better served going directly to customer service....but then there's no audience when sending directly to customer service....also, the complaints are always the same....everyone knows your complaints....its as if you have complaint templates that you use whenever a new thread pops up. A newbie starts a thread complaining about something that we've all seen before and out come the "copy paste complaint post templates".

By all means please show me the last time CBCS admitted they had a rogue grader and any book they handled (that I might now own or be bidding on) is mis-graded.

I'll wait.
Post 30 IP   flag post

"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
No one here is against the genuine exchange of ideas and information. Let's not pretend that's what we're talking about. No one is against about valid constructive criticims either...those are always welcomed.

We are talking about broken record complaints that after a dozen or so times of reading it stops being complaints and just becomes whining.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
What is rogue anyway?
Are there levels of rogueness?

CGC/CBCS have their own grading standards which while similar to OverStreet are not in fact the OverStreet definitions that most collectors think about when they think about grades.

If a grader graded to OverStreet standards that would by definition be rogue...but would it be wrong??

This is a subjective thing...like Olympic diving or skating judges...if all others are 9.6 but you're a certain a$$hole eastern european country judging your own skaters and give them a 9.8...are you rogue...is 1 or 2 grades different than what others would think rogue?

Whatever is 'deemed' to be rogue grading...is that not a failure of internal review and remedial job training rather than 100% on the grader...

What deviation error is NOT considered rogue?
If 3 out of 4 dentists recommend XX toothpaste...is the 4th rogue...even though what they recommend isn't necessarily inferior?
Did the grader simply have a unique hair pigment issue?

Aren't we supposed to buy the book not the grade....specifically because human error is a thing, not to mention post grading damage within a case
Post 32 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
I'm still hoping and waiting someone from CBCS chimes in about the re-holdering which is the topic that blew my wig off the other day.

Is it just damage/tampering that triggers a re-grade of a reholder request?
Or if I send in my 9.6 book and Mr. Re-holder guy/gal sees it probably should be 9.2, is that a trigger for re-grade as well?

What's the number for a re-grade trigger for a re-holder request?
And who does this?

It is financially important to me to understand the criteria so that I can do the right thing with my books financially speaking. I don't need my grades dipping for a reason I didn't know about.

I had a dozen books all set to go; and now it's stalled
Post 33 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Don't mind me, I'm just here watching the complainers...and the ones complaining about the complainers.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I'm still hoping and waiting someone from CBCS chimes in about the re-holdering which is the topic that blew my wig off the other day.

Is it just damage/tampering that triggers a re-grade of a reholder request?
Or if I send in my 9.6 book and Mr. Re-holder guy/gal sees it probably should be 9.2, is that a trigger for re-grade as well?

What's the number for a re-grade trigger for a re-holder request?
And who does this?

It is financially important to me to understand the criteria so that I can do the right thing with my books financially speaking. I don't need my grades dipping for a reason I didn't know about.

I had a dozen books all set to go; and now it's stalled

Best bet is to really, really scrutinize the books in their holders now. Do they appear to easily be the grade assigned? If so you are probably good. If they appear that they could be one grade or another...then the potential exists for a regrade..I dont believe they have a hard and fast rule; it will be a judgement call from whomever is manning the reholder station
Post 35 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I dont believe they have a hard and fast rule; it will be a judgement call from whomever is manning the reholder station

Thank you.
These are the words that give me agita (Italian for heartburn)
I have a subjective grade that will now be under further subjectivity with a subjective policy.

And I wonder why I need Advil with the re-holder topic
Post 36 IP   flag post
615415 36 11