Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
When getting a reholder, it has to pass this guys inspection first. And nothing gets by him.

Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I see it in simple terms.

If CBCS is regrading every book they ever assigned a grade to, essentially calling o to question all books they ever graded at any point in time, then the whole “guarantee” promise in their process means absolutely nothing. The grade they assigned the book means absolutely nothing.

That being said, I don’t think that’s what they are doing. Mostly because it is time consuming and thus costing them money to perform a full regrade yet charging less than what the normal grading cost is.

Similar to where they won’t add graders notes to higher grades when they have a lot of volume to push through, it doesn’t make sense to “waste time” regrading everything that comes through. However They reserve the right to dive deeper or skimp depending on the amount of backlog they have and what they see. And as long as their posted policies are “vague” and not too rigid, they’ll adjust as they feel is necessary.

That being said, it may be best to send in reholders when their backlogs are the longest (e.g., con season) as they’re less likely to spend more time staring at your books if they’ve got a quota to meet and move things along.

What bothered me most is they acknowledged they were responsible for the error but offered no compensation. That is 100% wrong for a company that uses a big words like “guarantee”.

What bothers me second most is that if they know certain books by ID that were graded by this rindividual, they should be putting that out there so whomever has those books can return them for proper compensation if the grade is determined to be lower. Again, where is the guarantee????

I’ve been the biggest CBCS supporter, but the two points above are whats really shaking me to my core about CBCS right now.

Look at your books before sending in…if you agree with the grade, it’s likely not changing if reholdered. However I have a Spawn 1 9.8 CBCs with a few spine ticks…in an older slab…I’ll sell that book before having it reholdered…
Post 127 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio has anyone verified that e-mail as real? Anyone can doctored anything.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head

That would be bizarre to photoshop an email-

the claim that they were told "This was the work of one bad grader, who is no longer with the company" is the part that we should probably take with a grain of salt. If they DID say that...it was definitely oversharing! lol Should have just said "Upon closer inspection, this book was evaluated to be lower than a 9.9. We had it pressed by our team of top tier pressing experts, but were not able to get it above a 9.8. We accept responsibility for the grading error and are open to providing compensation for the value difference between a 9.9 and 9.8 in the current market."

If they'd put it like that, this thread probably wouldn't exist.
Post 129 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
@SidTheSquid see it all the time. Won’t be the first won’t be the last. Not believing any of it.
Post 130 IP   flag post

I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I remember years ago thinking that involving myself with graded comics would (among other things) bring so much less drama, frustration, migraines and hair loss comparitively with raws.

Boy oh boy was I mistaken. I no longer have hair and these two companies made me clear out the Advil from CVS aisle
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Fair question. Not that I know of. If it’s fake CBCS should intervene/interject into this thread and make it 100% clear this did not happen.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
This is a good outcome.
Kudos to CBCS for this particular customer.

Maybe I will reconsider Re-Holders; but probably not still

Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
100% tamper proof case? hahahaha what else do we want now? Pink elephants flying? funny
Post 134 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
100% tamper proof is probably impossible. 100% tamper evident is a much more realistic and worthwhile goal.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
lol...my guess...CBCS did not do this out of the goodness of their heart.
I think whomever the CBCS rep was who mentioned a "rogue grader" opened CBCS up to legal risk...and a couple hundred $$ makes the problem go away...while getting good word of mouth

as far as tamper proof/evident - still doesn't mean a book can't change grade while inside a slab.

maybe an option of - do not reholder if lower re-grade determeined....kind of like the do not slab if fails signature verification option
Post 136 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t see the big deal; Every time I pick up a slab I’m re-holding it…….
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I don’t see the big deal; Every time I pick up a slab I’m re-holding it…….

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Good on CBCS. They made it right. Paid the guy the difference in value PLUS a free re-slab with press. Basically, they paid to have the 9.9 erased out of existance from their grading mistake.
Post 139 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
lol...my guess...CBCS did not do this out of the goodness of their heart.

Seems their hand may have been forced after being put on blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
maybe an option of - do not reholder if lower re-grade determeined....kind of like the do not slab if fails signature verification option

They can't do that.
If they receive a 9.9 slab for reholder and see an issue with the grade, say a bent corner for example, they can't let it leave the building with that grade.
Their reputation is on the line.
They need to contact the submitter and work out a plan for the book. Whether it involves some sort of reimbursement for a purchase or any other costs.
I wouldn't want my company's name on a 9.9 label of a 9.6 book. Then you're no better than PGX.

Or CGC.

Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
*wheels turning*
I think I will send in an Amazing Spider-Man #1 graded at a 3.0 and put it in a fake slab graded at a 9.9 and get it "reslabbed" only.... once they see its not a real 9.9... BAM.... gottem ! Cough up da $ !

*sarcasm off*
Post 141 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't watch the video (speakers died). Did he say *why* they did what they did? Can anyone who gets a grade hit on a reholder get reimbursed now?
Post 142 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I doubt the "bad" grader got any of my books. Someone definitely found all the defects and them some on my submissions.
Post 143 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I doubt the "bad" grader got any of my books. Someone definitely found all the defects and them some on my submissions.

Ditto! I should be so lucky.
I'm the only one that's ever gotten "small amoeba colony on back cover" and deducted 4 grades for it
Post 144 IP   flag post
I’m not believing the bad grader thing.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Ditto! I should be so lucky.
I'm the only one that's ever gotten "small amoeba colony on back cover" and deducted 4 grades for it
ah yes. I get “light bends” that I believe are cause by comic amoebas otherwise invisible without subatomic inspection.

Post 146 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I’m not believing the bad grader thing.

It is intriguing. Where is that email?
Post 147 IP   flag post
608285 147 22