Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I found the 1st part interesting.
2 years ago I had 10 big boy books reholdered. - No issue at all. New cases. No re-grade, Quick. No questions.

I guess I won't be doing that again as I thought it was just a reholder and not what happened here.
I guess that CGC reholder fiasco has escalated the awareness factor with both grading companies.

(and of course, there's some typical CGC shipment incompetence in the 2nd part of vid)

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Wow man... Thanks for sharin that video... If any of those things ever happened to me, I'd get together the angry mob and we'd show up with torches and pitchforks...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
Just had this happen to me... had a 9.0 and it came back a 7.0. I don't even know if I can do anything
Post 3 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
@TheShocker from which company?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS to CBCS
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I was considering getting my three 9.9's re-holdered, ain't no way I'm even thinking about that anymore.

On another note, I thought that CBCS had 3 graders look over every comic during the grading process, especially for 9.9's. How did 1 bad grader get a 9.9 through without any oversight?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker
Just had this happen to me... had a 9.0 and it came back a 7.0. I don't even know if I can do anything

You cracked it yourself? Or you sent it in its case for a reholder?
Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS; Send this customer their check for $588. Do the right thing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
What do the graders notes say for both 9.9 and 9.8? Is there a difference?

Also, why would the reholder person open up the innerwell instead of just putting it in a new holder?

Or, did the reholder person think the label was not a real CBCS label.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector GIJFan123 private msg quote post Address this user
My CBCS 9.9 of JLA/Avengers 3, signed by Tom Smith
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
This is horrible! Who is Anthony R. and why isn't he answering the customer? Has CBCS learnt nothing yet about customer service?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
I had rivet label books & red label books to drop off for reholder.

Not now. Goodbye more revenue CBCS

Play stupid games,win stupid no-prizes
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
What do the graders notes say for both 9.9 and 9.8? Is there a difference?

Also, why would the reholder person open up the innerwell instead of just putting it in a new holder?

Or, did the reholder person think the label was not a real CBCS label.

After the CGC saga CBCS announced that they regrade every reholder
Post 13 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
This is a very bad look for CBCS.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Why does CBCS feel the need to follow CGC in CGC's screw-ups? Makes No Sense ! Now, cause of CGC's screw-ups, CBCS is gonna hurt themselves...

If Customers just want a Reholder ONLY, and the case and inner well is still sound/intact, then just remove the case, keep the inner well intact, and reholder in a new case and re-assign the SAME grade that the CU was happy with. Period.
Post 15 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
While this will not help CBCS's reholder business...they absolutely did the right thing....especially after publicly stating they will regrade reholders.

If that book was not a 9.9 then it shouldn't have stayed with a 9.9 grade.
Post 16 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
While this will not help CBCS's reholder business...they absolutely did the right thing....especially after publicly stating they will regrade reholders.

If that book was not a 9.9 then it shouldn't have stayed with a 9.9 grade.

This is highly problematic.

The big issue here is the idea that they had a “bad grader”… or at least based on the hearsay presented in the video. Not surprised for a modern book but a bit surprised it squeaked through for a 9.9…

The other issue is a policy to regrade generally. That is a bad policy. They should confirm two things during reholder 1) no evidence of tampering and 2) no signs the book was somehow damaged after encapsulation.

They should not (as policy) be second guessing grades. Of course the combo above presents the current dilemma… caused by (apparently/rumored) poor initial grading. It should be an exception to policy but would then (in my opinion) require compensation.

Again, highly problematic. Another example of the risks paying silly multiples for the various levels of “NM” books…
Post 17 IP   flag post
@GAC How did it get by "three" graders in the first place? If it was supposed to be a 9.6 but not only got past the 9.8, but bumped to 9.9 ?

Who's to say it wasn't a 9.9 we don't really have good enough detailed pictures for comparison. This would be the equivalent of getting a 9.8 graded comic to find out that the Label has the wrong information or an error and they "reholder" it for you and correct the Label error but they return you a 9.6 instead because their first three graders "missed" something.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
This is the equivalent of "Oh your car stopped working after you left our shop? Looks like we had a bad mechanic and he ruined your engine. Sorry about that but we fired him. Have a nice day! "
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
This is the equivalent of "Oh your car stopped working after you left our shop? Looks like we had a bad mechanic and he ruined your engine. Sorry about that but we fired him. Have a nice day! "

Haha that reminds me, I worked at a auto shop when I was a teenager and this one guy that was new forgot to put oil in the customers engine after changing the oil. The guy in the pit said "OK filler up." The guy above said "will do." Car was then drove out the shop didn't get far....
Post 20 IP   flag post
of course someone could falsify a letter - but sounds like the language cbcs would use

i guess so much for cbcs guarantee:

Post 21 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't care what anyone says. There isn't three graders looking at every book at ANY grading company.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I don't care what anyone says. There isn't three graders looking at every book at ANY grading company.

None is saying it. CBCS is saying it!!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:

I don't think they did- where/when was this? I mean, both companies SHOULD do this, but I don't believe either one said they were going to do this. Of course this doesn't mean they reholder it blindly without judging if the original grade was accurate.

Quote:

Agreed.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
Quote:

I don't think they did- where/when was this? I mean, both companies SHOULD do this, but I don't believe either one said they were going to do this. Of course this doesn't mean they reholder it blindly without judging if the original grade was accurate.

Quote:

Agreed.

it is from cbcs’s own website
Post 25 IP   flag post
am i the only person who actually reads cbcs T&C?

https://www.cbcscomics.com/terms

Post 26 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@GAC How did it get by "three" graders in the first place

It didn't.
If the claim in the video is true, CBCS admitted there was only one grader.

Which is probably the case for almost all books, here and at CGC.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Terrible look.
Here's the bottom line like with any other stupid ass decision a company makes. - and that is control only what you/we can control.

I had good money to help CBCS with just putting my older slabs in a new one. That revenue will now NOT be realized by CBCS, and that's the end of that story for me
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

This is not the same thing.

This is more like:

Suspect captured by police
Suspect given a court appointed defence lawyer
Suspect prosecuted
Court appointed defence lawyer is deemed incompetent and did not defend suspect properly.
Suspect re-tried with competent lawyer.
New verdict is realized.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Question: Has this situation ever gone the other way? Has a 9.6 ever been returned a 9.8?

Statistically this has to be a reality...if the grade can fall after a reholder request certainly it's possible for it to move up.

I've never seen or heard anyone publically say this has happened to them but I'd also think they wouldn't want to make it public.
Post 30 IP   flag post
608545 147 30