Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Controversy Surrounds WOLVERINE's "Created By" Credit...20628

"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Controversy Surrounds WOLVERINE's "Created By" Credit As An Editor Is Now Named Co-Creator.

A fresh controversy is swirling in the world of comic books today as former Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Roy Thomas has been officially added to the list of Wolverine's creators for the Deadpool & Wolverine film.

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Andy Olsen is the sole creator of wolverine
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Seems convenient that the people who could challenge his claim have all passed away…
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Roy was the editor on 181.

He may have helped flesh out the character.

Would have preferred for this revelation to have taken place while the other men were alive but I have had Roy sign many reprints of Incredible Hulk 181.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Well, Stan got to take a lot of credit because he outlived several of his contemporaries.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Well, Stan got to take a lot of credit because he outlived several of his contemporaries.

Stan was quite the promoter.

Without him Marvel might just have gone out of business before we had the MCU.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
For as questionably reliable as Wikipedia can be it disagrees and agrees. States claims by Roy Thomas as co-creator since 2017.

Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Stan was quite the promoter.

Without him Marvel might just have gone out of business before we had the MCU.

I could live with that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Controversy Surrounds WOLVERINE's "Created By" Credit As An Editor Is Now Named Co-Creator.

A fresh controversy is swirling in the world of comic books today as former Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Roy Thomas has been officially added to the list of Wolverine's creators for the Deadpool & Wolverine film.

clickable text

FWIW I disagree with the idea that editing is creating.
Post 9 IP   flag post
614861 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?