Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part V20621

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
To celebrate its 25th anniversary, The Matrix will play in theaters on September 19 & 22 and include an exclusive featurette with Jessica Henwick.

https://ccrj52xe.r.us-east-1.awstrack.me/L0/https:%2F%2Fscreenrant.com%2Fthe-matrix-25th-anniversary-trailer%2F%3Futm_medium=newsletter%26utm_campaign=SR-202408131216%26utm_source=SR-NL%26user=bXIuYnJvbnRlQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ%26lctg=3607343d62349198560bdcc52823c2b57156e61c06716f99e79bc349c4365c4a/1/010001914d43fda0-ef04b5dd-2961-4e46-bbdf-4e602dd4ede2-000000/JFgBk1FcUnjSaBInF_1HgGrU7dg=387
Post 201 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo weird! That looks fake.
Post 202 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Is the tracker feature not working?
Post 203 IP   flag post
Nevermind lol
Post 204 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Saw this for sale on MCS this morning. I have never seen a Steranko signature that looked like this, and I have had him sign a few things for me in the past. Does anyone have one like it?

That's how the original is on the cover itself, maybe that's why he did it that way.

Post 205 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@figment - His signature has always looked like this from everyone I have seen.

Post 206 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I believe that is a real Sterank signature. I remember seeing his signature like that before but can't remember if it was here or on the CGC site.
Post 207 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my witnessed Steranko Signature. I need to get this re-slabbed.

Post 208 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
This is the signature that I got personally signed on a book.

Post 209 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@esaravo I believe that is a real Sterank signature. I remember seeing his signature like that before but can't remember if it was here or on the CGC site.

Ditto. Also, even though very different from his standard signature, there are striking similarities in the look / formation of most of the letters(not all). This is to my untrained eye but it looks like the same person who is just printing their name rather than signing.

The other obvious points are to do with the absurdity of attempting a forgery / case swap in this way. It just doesn’t make sense.

I vote 100% legit.
Post 210 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know how long you can keep store credit in your account at MCS?
Post 211 IP   flag post
Are they behind in checking in orders?? I haven't waited this long before. 😪
Post 212 IP   flag post
Nevermind, it's in lol
Post 213 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I think the Steranko conversation is long past but I was inspired to box surf to find my only example.

Gosh I love my comics.
Post 214 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Gosh I love my comics.

And I'm sure they love you.
Post 215 IP   flag post
What are current TAT's like??
Post 216 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Gosh I love my comics.

And I'm sure they love you.

I pet them, and rub them, and stroke them, and......
Post 217 IP   flag post
Any thoughts on Terminator Zero? My roommate and I watched the Sarah Connor Chronicles for a season, only because we were optimistic it would finally get good. It was terrible enough to never tune into the 2nd season or rewatch the 1st. I'm hoping this will be far better.

Post 218 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
what do these three words have in common???

stupendous
define
hijack
Post 219 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
How Fans Can Hear The Last Song Alex And Eddie Van Halen Wrote Together

By Katrina Nattress

August 22, 2024

Photo: Hulton Archive

Fans who order the audiobook version of Alex Van Halen's upcoming memoir Brothers are getting a special treat: hearing a previously unreleased track written by the Van Halen drummer and his late brother Eddie Van Halen. The song, titled "Unfinished," is the last piece of music Alex and Eddie wrote together before the guitarist passed away in 2020 and will act as the soundtrack as Alex narrates the story.

The book has been described as a way for Alex to set the record straight about his younger brother and bandmate. “I was with him from day one. We shared the experience of coming to this country and figuring out how to fit in," reads an excerpt on the Van Halen website. "We shared a record player, an 800-square-foot house, a mom and dad, and a work ethic. Later, we shared the back of a tour bus, alcoholism, the experience of becoming famous, of becoming fathers and uncles, and of spending more hours in the studio than I’ve spent doing anything else in this life. We shared a depth of understanding that most people can only hope to achieve in a lifetime.”

The description also notes that “there has never been an accurate account of them or the band” and that “Alex wants to set the record straight on Edward’s life and death.”

Brothers is slated to hit bookshelves on October 22.
Post 220 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Could I bother someone for the GPA numbers for Marvel Mystery #3 and #4 is 5.0 and below? Thanks in advance!
Post 221 IP   flag post

Post 222 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

stupendous
define
hijack

no takers??

all three words first 3 letters are in alphabetical order!
Post 223 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

stupendous
define
hijack

no takers??

all three words first 3 letters are in alphabetical order!

Ohhh!!!! *slaps forhead*
Post 224 IP   flag post
This piece of book fell off as I was page counting. Would I better off taping the piece back on than letting it go completely?

Post 225 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
This piece of book fell off as I was page counting. Would I better off taping the piece back on than letting it go completely?

yes!
Post 226 IP   flag post
Absolutely … but with the right type of tape please!!!
Post 227 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave

Doesn't archival tape trigger a conserved grade though?
Post 228 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Davethebrave

Doesn't archival tape trigger a conserved grade though?

Right type depends on objective.

In any rational world, the only reasonable answer is archival (or, not as ideal, artist’s tape). This is because a) retain the original art b) protect the comic c) looks better d) reversible.

But the world may not be rational, so if doing this to immediately sell, maybe - maybe - using tape that could damage the paper may be “better”… in the bizarre potential treatment of modern scotch tape as universal label vs a conserved (professionally done) or restored if using the superior archival.

I know I’d tape, and would use archival or artist’s tape to do so. But I guess there is some risk that a grader treats a simple taped on piece as evidence (alone) of restoration or conservation.

I have more thoughts on conserved treatment in comics but…
Post 229 IP   flag post
Not that anyone asked but here's my thoughts. Restoration in the art community isn't frowned upon. Done properly a piece can appreciate in value quite a bit. I guess the main argument would be the piece is a one of. My argument to that would be what about a resto job on say a Picasso litho or a Durer etching thats say a run of fifty? Hell, there are numerous copies of The Thinker.

Sorry, this answers no questions but I think I gather what Dave is laying down.
Post 230 IP   flag post
616095 261 30