Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part V20621

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
That is the only spot. It didn’t even soak into the pages. Just up that back cover.
Post 101 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The CGC has a grading sale on right now....is CBCS going to offer one?

Post 102 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC that's a half assed sale. You have to submit a minimum of 15 books.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@flanders Its 25% off their usual grading fee.....not too bad a discount but you're right on the minimum # of book submission.
Post 104 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC good point and at least they have something.
Post 105 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
So the cgc put shit on sale. It's not a big deal unless you need fertilizer.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Does anyone know anything about coins? I have one of these and was wondering if I should sell it as is or have it graded first. Thanks.

clickable text

I can upload some pictures of my coin later.

Edit: Here's an image of one I found on Ebay.

Post 107 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

This doesnt answer your question in the slightest, but I had the same question. I decided to have my coins graded. It turns out some of my coins had been cleaned. Apparently, if you own coins you are never suppossed to clean them with anything cept water, if even that....

My thoughts were if i were to sell the coins it would be easier to sell a coin graded, vs a raw coin that I had absolutely no clue how to grade. I also splurged and had them take photos of the coin.

https://app.box.com/s/yryr6xa5nqhgyyw6jl7ln4lwqyeka41p

Edit

If you have them take photos, they send you a link to the photos and you download them. They are not permanently housed on the cloud.
Post 108 IP   flag post
@Bronte thanks! That's very helpful. I'll decide if I'm going to send it to NGC, PCGS here on the west coast or ANACS and hopefully I'll find some other's worth sending in with it.
Post 109 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
https://coinappraiser.com/pcgs-ngc-grading/#:~:text=Collectors%20pay%20more%20for%20coins,PCGS%20in%20Newport%20Beach%2C%20CA.

Edit

I opted for cgcs sister company because they had a discount at the time. As a one time courtesy the credit on the account was transferred to CGC for comics when I was done grading
Post 110 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I just had a look at the coin grading and the website says most coins valued at $5k and higher are generally graded.

I just got one coin so not really worth it for me I think.

I did post the question on their chat boards. I don't have a membership to CGC and I think it would be silly to get a subscription to get a single coin graded where it probably doesn't matter as not high grade and I've no interest in selling at the moment.
Post 111 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Does anyone know anything about coins? I have one of these and was wondering if I should sell it as is or have it graded first. Thanks.

clickable text

I don't know much about coins, but isn't your coin already graded? isn't the MS62 the grade?
Post 112 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a link so you can (hopefully) look up the value.

https://www.usacoinbook.com/coins/nickels/buffalo/
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

clickable text

I don't know much about coins, but isn't your coin already graded? isn't the MS62 the grade?

That's not his actual coin....he has the same coin but the one pictured is not it.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Wow, I'm a goober! Sorry about the misunderstanding. In the immortal words of the great Saturday Night Live philosopher Emily Litella "Never Mind"
Post 115 IP   flag post
@sportshort lol!! All good man!! 🍻
Post 116 IP   flag post
@sportshort not a goober, I know how to make things confusing.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Quote:
@sportshort not a goober, I know how to make things confusing.

I need to work on my reading skills. Sheesh!
Post 118 IP   flag post
@southerncross

I believe you can submit the coin under the account of the company I linked. That way you don't need to pay for subscription just grading fees.
Post 119 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Cleaning coins = no bueno unless they are just bullion grade that you would like to present better. It's amazing what some baking soda and water can do.

@flanders probably not worth grading unless it's in high grade:

https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/united-states/gold-half-eagles/liberty-head-5-1839-1908/18416/1907-5-ms/#:~:text=1907%20Half%20Eagle%20Value,for%20as%20much%20as%20%2470000

If you want to sell it any local reputable coin shop should be able to offer FMV.
Post 120 IP   flag post
I think I'll keep it as is. From what I've seen on Ebay it's worth at least the price of the gold.

$77/gram x 8.93 grams x 90% gold (10% copper) = $619.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll update here if I find any other treasure.
Post 121 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
I see this as a possible spec. book. Start checking your dollar bins! 1st appearance of Ch'p
Rumored to be in the next Superman film.

Post 122 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@southerncross

I believe you can submit the coin under the account of the company I linked. That way you don't need to pay for subscription just grading fees.

I posted it on the chat boards of collectors society. Someone said it looks genuine and I know it pretty much is.

I just feel funny sending expensive items thru the mail.
Many years ago I sent a book to cgc that was a $1200 book and had no problems. I just wouldn't do that again.

Especially a gold coin that's roughly worth $1100 on gold content alone and worth $1500 as a collectible in its condition.
Maybe if there was a coin show where major grading companies did onsite grading?
Post 123 IP   flag post
All I can say is my coins were worth more than a few grand at tbe time. To insure it, I had to do registered mail. Which basically means the parcel is under lock and key literally every step of the way. The coin may or may not be worth grading, but I like knowing what I have and spending a few bucks was worth the peace of mind that when I sell it I can look up the value rather than guess.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Question. I seem to recall a forum member that used to know an artist that inked kirby stuff professionally back in the day.

I recently acquired an extra heroes and villains book. I was curious as to if it were possible ask the artist to ink the art pages of the book? I know it would be expensive but I think it would be cool if kirbys old buddy did the spare book. It would probably be impossible to do every picture as not all the art is of high detail. But as much as he felt like doing with only one picture as a mandatory. (The juggernaut I recently acquired)

What do you guys think?
Post 125 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Question. I seem to recall a forum member that used to know an artist that inked kirby stuff professionally back in the day.

I recently acquired an extra heroes and villains book. I was curious as to if it were possible ask the artist to ink the art pages of the book? I know it would be expensive but I think it would be cool if kirbys old buddy did the spare book. It would probably be impossible to do every picture as not all the art is of high detail. But as much as he felt like doing with only one picture as a mandatory. (The juggernaut I recently acquired)

What do you guys think?

I don't know him but Steve Rude is still around and probably doing commissions.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:

What do you guys think?

The inker probably thinking is Mike Royer

There's a forum member here who has a few of his books signed, and lives near him and knows him personally.
I'm not sure their name off my head.

If he gets in contact with you maybe float the idea of one page or maybe a partial page ink with a signature.

Just remember he was inking Kirby in the 70s and is no spring chicken.

And as a artist he may not be able to or comfortably do the work, of only a little with not time rushed.

Good luck.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:

What do you guys think?

The inker probably thinking is Mike Royer

There's a forum member here who has a few of his books signed, and lives near him and knows him personally.
I'm not sure their name off my head.

If he gets in contact with you maybe float the idea of one page or maybe a partial page ink with a signature.

Just remember he was inking Kirby in the 70s and is no spring chicken.

And as a artist he may not be able to or comfortably do the work, of only a little with not time rushed.

Good luck.

The forum member is Siggy and, yes, he's friends with Mike Royer.

@Bronte Royer has a website where he can be contacted about commissions and such. Not sure if he's still doing them

https://www.michaelroyer.com/
Post 128 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
not so much a question as a frustrated WHY!!!???? just why!!??

frustrated with fun with cars....

I have a 2014 VW Golf Diesel that had a check engine light come on...now... I can read and follow instructions ...so that means I can basically strip my car to the frame with a Haynes or Chilton manual...or I guess kids today who can't read get to use Youtube!!!

Anywhooo.. I'm no gear head but I got my code reader and determined I had the ability to fix this issue myself - some problem with my Intercooler (part of the turbo system)
pulled off the hoses - cleared out some goop that had condensed.....code clear!!...or so I thought...

a few hundred KM later...a new code!! looks like a sensor that may have been fouled from the prior issue....but I hate cars...have no desire to crawl under again and pull and clean the sensor

I miss the old days with simpler engines and fewer sensors

No answer as to why the sensor cleared then kicked back on...I will wait a few months till I change my oil again and do from under the car vs my normal pump out from up top...so I can re-pull intercooler hoses and see if I can find this sensor to give it a clean too.....
Post 129 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for some info on this and usually the pool of knowledge runs deep here
It's an aluminum sign roughly the size of a comic. Nothing printed on the back. I Googled it and checked on eBay but couldn't find anything

Post 130 IP   flag post
615425 240 30