Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part V20621

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Over graded. What's new...

clickable text

Why can't my 9.2s be thrown into a 9.8 case.

Forget the spine color breaking crease and the small one too right.

The bottom right hand corner is as sharp as a spoon.

Soup spoon.

I didn't even bother to look at the back cover.
Post 76 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Over graded. What's new...

clickable text

Why can't my 9.2s be thrown into a 9.8 case.

Forget the spine color breaking crease and the small one too right.

The bottom right hand corner is as sharp as a spoon.

Soup spoon.

I didn't even bother to look at the back cover.

The "grader" has cataracts. Some poor sap will buy the grade and not even look at the book.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
It was like 80bux
But the item turns out to be worthless.

Typically ebay sends a return label and such. I tried to cancel order before he shipped to avoid costing him money. But he refused my cancelation. I should send him back the item but it will cost me at least 10 bux out of pocket to ship the item to him.
then to the seller It’s not worth recovering. Ya you could send it back. Is the sellers write off worth more of your own time and energy? I think You either confirmed a plausibility or you weren’t the sucker they were looking for.
Post 78 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Is mycomicshop.com ever really off in terms of their grading? I just bought a book and it looks worse than a 4.0 granted. I dont grade books very well. This just looks really off.
Post 79 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure they can be. Maybe the box the book was in was mislabeled in regards to its contents.
Post 80 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

It was the weird science fantasy book 29 so I can't imagine there are a lot of them to be mixed up with.
Post 81 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DrWatson

It was the weird science fantasy book 29 so I can't imagine there are a lot of them to be mixed up with.

Post a photo.

Edit: see it now in the other thread. Nice book!
Post 82 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Lets just say there isn't an MCS bonus on it.
Post 83 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Is mycomicshop.com ever really off in terms of their grading? I just bought a book and it looks worse than a 4.0 granted. I dont grade books very well. This just looks really off.

Graders tend to be more forgiving of flaws in older books. It looks pretty solid in the photo you posted. Sweet book!
Post 84 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If you are unhappy with it, email MCS customer service and ask to return it.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
If you are unhappy with it, email MCS customer service and ask to return it.
I felt like doing that with the bay this week. Unfortunately I’m the idiot with egg on my face.

@Bronte, I’d say Watsons suggestion is appropriate. It’s raw, and I’m a long standing believer in scans make shitty book grade assessments.
Post 86 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Wait for movie to come out..Hold or sell now?

Merc With a Mouth #7 1st,2nd,3rd print
Uncanny X-Men #130 newsstand
Post 87 IP   flag post
Sell now. Movie specs and hype won’t ever hold up like they did in 2020. Also, if it’s part 3 of a movie, the masses are already aware.
Post 88 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I agree with you on your Science Fantasy 29...there is no MCS grading bonus. The spine looks a little rough...is it attached at the staples?

It's still a great book...hard to come by. If you paid a 4.0 price, maybe give it some thought on contacting MCS customer service. If you paid a 3.0 price or less, then maybe that was FMV.....it is a great book...Frazetta cover....congrats!!!
Post 89 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DrWatson

Looked at the photo closely. My guess is it will grade at or above 4.0 at either CBCS or CGC. For its era I think it is 4.5+

Two examples from same era with much more forgiving color pattern than the 29:

4.0 and in equal or worse overall condition:

3.0 but with heavy stains:

Post 90 IP   flag post
@GAC

The notes say there is a split, but no mention of staples. I'm just going to keep the book and see what happens. If I'm right and it's low , I am OK with a 3.5.

However, a few folks have mentioned that it may not get the mcs value bump it typically gets, but it should be a 4.0
Post 91 IP   flag post
@Bronte The book is a winner either way. It presents great regardless of actual grade. Smart move on keeping the book! A great Frazetta cover!
Post 92 IP   flag post
I think it's time CBCS has a grading discount promotion on pre-1975 books.....USA will be 248 years old on July 4th....CBCS should roll out a 24% discount on grading from July 4th to July 14th.
Post 93 IP   flag post
@GAC Don't know if they will offer that much, but I see an Independence Day Promo coming...
Post 94 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Drove past an auto shop with a sign that said, "Free Brake Check". Anyone else think that could make for a popular bumper sticker?
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Drove past an auto shop with a sign that said, "Free Brake Check". Anyone else think that could make for a popular bumper sticker?

A fellow I work with did that to a guy tailgating him last week.
The maniac proceeded to pass him, cut him off and pull a pistol on him.
Some serious lunatics' on the road....
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know what the current "Received" tag / payment charge time in the system is from delivery received at CBCS? When I submitted in May it was a two days. It's been over a week now. Not worried yet, just wondering what recent experience is....I know it's Con season, so likely expected.
Post 97 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Anyone know what the current "Received" tag / payment charge time in the system is from delivery received at CBCS? When I submitted in May it was a two days. It's been over a week now. Not worried yet, just wondering what recent experience is....I know it's Con season, so likely expected.

Our last one was seven business days from delivery receipt to Received.
Post 98 IP   flag post
I don’t believe this is a grade drop, yeah?

Post 99 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - If it’s overspray, then no. Is it anywhere else on the book? It’s usually just sprayed on the top of a stack of comics, but over-zealous sprayers could make an awful mess of other parts of the book due to drips, carelessness, and such.

PS - That sun shadow will cost you.
Post 100 IP   flag post
That is the only spot. It didn’t even soak into the pages. Just up that back cover.
Post 101 IP   flag post
The CGC has a grading sale on right now....is CBCS going to offer one?

Post 102 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC that's a half assed sale. You have to submit a minimum of 15 books.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@flanders Its 25% off their usual grading fee.....not too bad a discount but you're right on the minimum # of book submission.
Post 104 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC good point and at least they have something.
Post 105 IP   flag post
615425 240 30