Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2023 - part V20621

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I used one of those services that comes and picks up the car, Carvana, I think.

Carvana's made the highest offer so far, we'll see if it holds up over the next few days.

It's amazing how awful a car can look after you wash it for the first time in years and notice every single scratch and imperfection. A black car doesn't help matters. I'm going with Carvana and hopefully they're somewhere close to the offer they gave without seeing the vehicle. The other options were driving an hour away to a dealer to get lowballed and also need a ride home. Thanks for the advice guys.

Also, I think my dad was washing his car with beach towels with sand still in them....
Post 51 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Is Autotrader an option?
Post 52 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I gave them a try. I think carvana is the way to go and my dad doesn't want to deal with meeting up with random people that may be interested in it. This way he doesn't have to leave the house.
Post 53 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know how to find out how many copies of a book were made in direct edition and how many were made in newsstand edition?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Has anyone ever used clear hanging bags for raw comics? It seems like a good way to display them without having to buy shelves.

https://www.clearbags.com/crystal-clear/bags/hanging
Post 55 IP   flag post

I've found an alternative that looks far better. These 9x12 frames cost only $8.99 for 5 and come with a white backing border. I ordered some to hang up some of my drawings but realized they'll also be great for comics. The gray and the natural colors are cheaper than the other options for 9x12.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CGDG4BQR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Post 56 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Any Pokemon collectors looking to sell / trade First Edition Charizard cards? If so, please message me.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you that provide scanned comic images, are you able to do that while they are in Mylar bags?
Post 58 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The name Roddy McDowall is like the name Rip Torn.
Post 59 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Limited-time deal: Traeger Grills Pro 22 Electric Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker, Bronze https://a.co/d/04O8GMQ

389$
From Amazon
Post 60 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
https://manofmany.com/entertainment/movies-tv/happy-gilmore-2?mc_cid=a4473d172f&mc_eid=af7dbcf4a6

Happy Gilmore 2 on netflix
Post 61 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know the price for grading the Treasury sized books?
Post 62 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Treasurey sized books can only be raw graded. I do not know the cost of raw grading.
Post 63 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Treasurey sized books can only be raw graded. I do not know the cost of raw grading.

Ok cool thank you.. looks like $12 for raw grade.
Post 64 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know how to start a reholder order when the search form can't find the result?
Post 65 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I want to get lunch delivered at work tomorrow (it's my turn), but I have no idea how to do those Door Dash type places. I also do not own a smart phone.
Little help!
Post 66 IP   flag post
I picture a tie that looks like a deer wiener. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
You’re left with your local pizza place if you can’t use your computer for door dash.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
That's actually good news!
Post 68 IP   flag post
@Gaard

Bribe a coworker to do it? You figure if you pay them cash they get points or cash back from using their credit card.
Post 69 IP   flag post
It all worked out. I took your advice and asked someone else to do it. Didn't even had to bribe them ... just said please.
Post 70 IP   flag post
I bought an item from eBay, and the seller had returns available on the item. I initiated a return. He returned the money without me sending back the item. WTH do I do with the item? I tried canceling the purchase before he mailed, and when I initiated the return, both times crickets.... not a peep.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Just pack it and mail it back to him.
Post 72 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I bought an item from eBay, and the seller had returns available on the item. I initiated a return. He returned the money without me sending back the item. WTH do I do with the item? I tried canceling the purchase before he mailed, and when I initiated the return, both times crickets.... not a peep.

Low value item? Reason for return? Some types of returns means shipping cost borne by seller…
Post 73 IP   flag post
It was like 80bux
But the item turns out to be worthless.

Typically ebay sends a return label and such. I tried to cancel order before he shipped to avoid costing him money. But he refused my cancelation. I should send him back the item but it will cost me at least 10 bux out of pocket to ship the item to him.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Over graded. What's new...

clickable text
Post 75 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

clickable text

Why can't my 9.2s be thrown into a 9.8 case.

Forget the spine color breaking crease and the small one too right.

The bottom right hand corner is as sharp as a spoon.

Soup spoon.

I didn't even bother to look at the back cover.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67

clickable text

Why can't my 9.2s be thrown into a 9.8 case.

Forget the spine color breaking crease and the small one too right.

The bottom right hand corner is as sharp as a spoon.

Soup spoon.

I didn't even bother to look at the back cover.

The "grader" has cataracts. Some poor sap will buy the grade and not even look at the book.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
It was like 80bux
But the item turns out to be worthless.

Typically ebay sends a return label and such. I tried to cancel order before he shipped to avoid costing him money. But he refused my cancelation. I should send him back the item but it will cost me at least 10 bux out of pocket to ship the item to him.
then to the seller It’s not worth recovering. Ya you could send it back. Is the sellers write off worth more of your own time and energy? I think You either confirmed a plausibility or you weren’t the sucker they were looking for.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Is mycomicshop.com ever really off in terms of their grading? I just bought a book and it looks worse than a 4.0 granted. I dont grade books very well. This just looks really off.
Post 79 IP   flag post
I'm sure they can be. Maybe the box the book was in was mislabeled in regards to its contents.
Post 80 IP   flag post
611407 160 30