Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

I have choosen to get my book authentic rather than restored20617

Collector Jr1776 private msg quote post Address this user
The corner piece was fallen irretrievably so i decided to leave the book without rather than stick it with tape or glue.

Who agree? This books looks so proud even with a missing piece

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector StraightArrow private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, please don't tape the cover! Great book!
Post 2 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
It is a bit unfortunate that fear of “restoration” results in chunks missing / not properly reattached.

It is partly the fault of how restoration is often inadequately described.

A piece added that is reproduction is very, very different in my opinion vs a reattached piece of the original.

I’d personally prefer a professionally reattached piece than the chunk missing…
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector StraightArrow private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, I definitely would, too. "Professionally" being the key word, though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have an issue with conservation or restoration done correctly, but I don't think that book needs it (barring any unseen problems). I do think that if you were going to have it conserved, it should be done by a professional.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A piece of tape holding a small chunk of a cover should not result in getting a restored grade. Many blue labels have tape on their covers, inside and/or outside. CBCS would note the presence of the tape on the label and in the grader’s notes. CGC stopped noting defects like this on their labels a few years ago, but should still include it in their grader’s notes.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Jr1776 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
A piece of tape holding a small chunk of a cover should not result in getting a restored grade. Many blue labels have tape on their covers, inside and/or outside. CBCS would note the presence of the tape on the label and in the grader’s notes. CGC stopped noting defects like this on their labels a few years ago, but should still include it in their grader’s notes.

Holding... but not stick back a piece who got loose.
I am right?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @esaravo.

I'd buy some archival safe tape and put a small piece on the back cover attaching it back to the cover.

Then send it in to Cbcs to get slabbed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Yes. This is smart play to get the most value.
@Jr1776 if you hopefully still have the corner you can attach it with a piece of scotch tape on the inside. I have seen blue labels like this often. Missing cover and Resto will hurt the value more
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I agree with @esaravo.

I'd buy some archival safe tape and put a small piece on the back cover attaching it back to the cover.

Archival tape gets restored or conserved. Regular tape does not. I think... unless this has changed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I agree with @esaravo.

Archival tape gets restored or conserved. Regular tape does not. I think... unless this has changed.

Yes, I think you are correct on that.
Post 12 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Scars are beautiful!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I have plenty of unrestored cable #1s for you.
Post 14 IP   flag post
618086 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?