Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
When I grow up I want to be @southerncross
lol

Bright side I get to see cool books coming in.
Downside I'm poorer when that happens.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair1999
I am The Director of Change Enablement at a major Healthcare company... Kudos if you know what that is.

I'm stumped.

No kudos for me.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos gotcha covered. 👍🙂
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
Technical sales engineer for a commercial valve manufacturer focusing primarily on the downstream chemical market. Been in this industry for 24 years and have a few more to go but hoping to retire early one of these days.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I work for the:

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I have been on sabbatical since last August. Prior to that I worked in the bar/ restaurant industry as a cook/ kitchen manager for around 30 years. I took a break because the 55-60 hour weeks were beginning to take a toll on my body. I currently have a side hustle doing elder care (mainly running errands for older people, some light housework involved but no diaper changing or anything like that). I am thinking about getting another kitchen gig on Fridays and Saturdays in a month or two, maybe at a golf course. Nothing heavy, just enough to keep me from dipping into my savings. Hopefully the decades of 60 hr workweeks are behind me for good.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I got screwed six ways to Sunday. sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
I play with comic books and comic art for a living. Senior Consignment Director at ComicLink.com
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I work for the:

@GAC Haha. That reminds me of this Memo I got from HP talking bout privacy issues etc. Someone tossed this picture on the cover as they figured it was FBI.... Look closer. Someone didn't vet the pictures being used in employee documents....

Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
I was a landscaper for 20 years, now I re-mount ambulances

This is what I stare at every day, and I love it
Post 34 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Was a sommelier for many years until an unfortunate accident damaged my palate. Loss is amazing as it forces adaptation and change while enhancing other skills/talents. These days I'm not so delicate - call me matador.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Blair1999 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair1999
I am The Director of Change Enablement at a major Healthcare company... Kudos if you know what that is.

I'm stumped.

No kudos for me.

Want to make a change to a production IT system? has to go through my team for approval.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Stuff
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad can I be your intern?
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@starlord

.......did you have any amps..that went to 11!!!???

no, but we did have an alter of "Lemmy Kilmiester" in the hallway.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
Director of risk management for a large consulting firm. Great company to work for but definitely not what I wanted to be when I grew up.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Steamfitters Local Union 602
Washington D.C.

Post 41 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Many moons ago I worked in IT..

Now I am caretaker to my brother and father in home hospice.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I worked in the environmental consulting business for 17+ years before returning to school to get my teaching certificate. This marks my 20th year as a high school science teacher, and I am planning on retiring at the end of this school year.
Interesting fact: after I received my BS in 1982, I took a bunch of graduate classes at URI and the Graduate School of Oceanography. One summer I worked on a research cruise that involved the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute’s Alvin and Lulu deep submergence team. It was a two-week mission that was investigating the wreck site of the USS Thresher, a nuclear submarine that had tragically imploded killing all 129 crewmen on board approximately 20 years earlier. I had morning chores to help launch Alvin, and performed porewater analysis on recovered sediments the rest of the day. I thought it was a routine research cruise and never gave it a second thought. Years later my wife and I were watching the series called “Mysteries at the Museum” and one of the segments said that the Navy funded Bob Ballard’s search for the Titanic as a reward for the secret missions he conducted for them on the USS Thresher site. I never realized that the mission I was on was secret (no one ever told any of us to keep quiet about it), or that in played a really small part in helping find the wreck of the Titanic.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Ya guys got some great jobs! I liked my job and the very fact I earned a living in the "Arts" isn't lost on me. It's very difficult to get where I got without the nepotism and financial backing to work for free until(if ever) an offer is made. But my job was physical and after my accident I couldn't do my old gigs. From an outside view some of the jobs ya'll do seen more secure post injury.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashLimburg
Director of risk management for a large consulting firm. Great company to work for but definitely not what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I know what you mean. Not many openings for “cowboy” when I was old enough to work.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashLimburg
I hear you. I work for a NSFF.

But what are you gonna do when you are treated awesome?
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Retired at 19 from nothing for 10 years, retired again at 61 from almost nothing, basically fixing all sorts of things. Hope to do more than 10 years this time.
Proudest achievement; (other than 2 great kids) only have worn a tie 3 times in my life; Picture at age of 5 (bow), high school graduation, my wedding. I guess avoiding the tie was my career, although also wearing Hawaiian shirts every day at work 1992-2019 was a part too. They go terrible with ties, and sent a message to management, thanks for no dress code.
Post 47 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

I wouldn't know.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

I wouldn't know.
What are you talking about? Your spots look awesome. I don’t know anything about anything but you run stuff, treat yourself better. I was thinking about making a reservation and being on the ball earlier this year but was to embarrassed to ask for a link again.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I worked in the environmental consulting business for 17+ years before returning to school to get my teaching certificate. This marks my 20th year as a high school science teacher, and I am planning on retiring at the end of this school year.
Interesting fact: after I received my BS in 1982, I took a bunch of graduate classes at URI and the Graduate School of Oceanography. One summer I worked on a research cruise that involved the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute’s Alvin and Lulu deep submergence team. It was a two-week mission that was investigating the wreck site of the USS Thresher, a nuclear submarine that had tragically imploded killing all 129 crewmen on board approximately 20 years earlier. I had morning chores to help launch Alvin, and performed porewater analysis on recovered sediments the rest of the day. I thought it was a routine research cruise and never gave it a second thought. Years later my wife and I were watching the series called “Mysteries at the Museum” and one of the segments said that the Navy funded Bob Ballard’s search for the Titanic as a reward for the secret missions he conducted for them on the USS Thresher site. I never realized that the mission I was on was secret (no one ever told any of us to keep quiet about it), or that in played a really small part in helping find the wreck of the Titanic.

That’s amazing.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I served 6 years in the Air Force as a fireman. Then, 27 years in prison (as a Correctional Officer). That sums it up.
Post 51 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
no, but we did have an alter of "Lemmy Kilmiester" in the hallway.

As well you should, @starlord.
Post 52 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Years later my wife and I were watching the series called “Mysteries at the Museum” and one of the segments said that the Navy funded Bob Ballard’s search for the Titanic as a reward for the secret missions he conducted for them on the USS Thresher site.

My wife and I watch that show all the time. đź‘Ť
Post 53 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been in Automotive to some degree. I worked for a large tire resaler the longest for about 15 years total. while in school, making it a career, back to school, career again. Currently and very recently I am in auto body/collision repair.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I work for a private university as an assistant director of Facilities. I like it, but sometimes it's super stressful. I am responsible for everything that is seen, the landscape, and the cleanliness (custodial) and a few minor things. In essence, if it looks great or not it's all my fault. Still like it though.
Post 55 IP   flag post
619263 74 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?