Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics Modern AgePop Culture

Bob Beerbohm, June 17, 1952 - Mar. 27, 202420612

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
My buddy Bob Wayne just notified me of Bob Beerbohm's passing yesterday which seemed a bit odd only because he'd just responded to a FB posting very recently, either yesterday or the day before. Those who knew Bob or of Bob, knew him as a cantankerous sort, often stubborn, but a devoted comics fan and a historian ...albeit controversial... on the subject of comics for many years. He was most known by legend on these and other forums where he posted his views. He was especially well known to those who ran afoul of his passionate beliefs which he held onto like a junkyard dog. Bob was a devoted family man, collector and comic dealer, active from the late 60's on in the Bay area for many years. His writings, while often contentious, were filled with information and well researched, even when he may have reached conclusions not agreed with by consensus. His dedication to the hobby and advocacy will be missed. Obadiah Oldbuck will have a new chapter with Bob's arrival.

Rest In Peace, dude!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Bob Beerbohm.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Rest in peace Bob.
Post 3 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
rip
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Bob
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
He was crazy as hell. RIP.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
RIP, Bob.
You were something, that's for sure.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear
Post 8 IP   flag post
615425 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?