Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Competition is usually good for the consumer20611

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
CGC is just days away from announcing the details and costs of a verified signature program (a result of the purchase of JSA) for their cards and comics - and today we have a sale on CBCS signatures verified via BAS.

Unlike previous CBCS sales discounts - this one is good for a month. Not just a week or two.

So - say what you will about the competing grading companies - but competition is typically good for the consumer.
Post 1 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Cool!!!

Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Spot On @GAC !!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Lol! In all likelihood that was going to happen anyway.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll use PGX to verify a sig before I try and deal with CGC lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I actually still have 1 PGX graded New Mutants 98 with a verified Rob Liefeld signature.

Been thinking of sending it off for a press and a sig verification....but who to send it to 🤔
Post 6 IP   flag post
@MutantMania How about right here?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Taking full advantage of this...next one going out.
Post 8 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Hey look it's another opportunity for cbcs to try to grab some market share and get out ahead of cgc with some big discounts, especially on cgc reslabs. Taking a short term loss for long term market share gain is really a no brainer from a business perspective.
So I expect them to raise prices again instead. 🤷‍♂️
Post 9 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Cool!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Spot On @GAC !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Lol! In all likelihood that was going to happen anyway.
you just have that kind of clout…
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector donutsdad private msg quote post Address this user
Taking a short term loss for long term market share gain is really a no brainer from a business perspective.

As a businessman, I never fell into the trap of trying to gain marketshare vs. losing profits. Some dumbasss thought it up when he realized he doesn't stack up well against the competition but nevertheless decided that smaller margins we better than no margins...

better to change your offerings so you compete better overall i say
Post 11 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsdad
Taking a short term loss for long term market share gain is really a no brainer from a business perspective.

As a businessman, I never fell into the trap of trying to gain marketshare vs. losing profits. Some dumbasss thought it up when he realized he doesn't stack up well against the competition but nevertheless decided that smaller margins we better than no margins...

better to change your offerings so you compete better overall i say

Look at it this way:

I walk in and say I can give you 10% market share in your category for X dollars. How much are you willing to write the check for?

That's how much you should be willing to give up short term to gain that share.
Post 12 IP   flag post
611387 12 12