Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Do they grade down on distributor ink on cover20596

Collector desslocktx private msg quote post Address this user
I thought they didn’t downgrade for distributor ink on the comic book cover. Do they?
Thanks,
Steve

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ProdigalSon private msg quote post Address this user
is it just a note only for identification purposes? after all, it is on the book, so it has to be noted. how much does the defects take away from the book? and CBCS grades a lot more harsh than the others, so there's that!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn’t think it would affect the grade any more than binary tears, missing or misaligned staples, miswraps or any other production defects.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Just because it's written in the notes doesn't mean it's being counted as a detriment. It may be just a pertinent notation.

Maybe one of the graders could answer this question about distribution ink, if it matters if present, if it matters more depending on where it is on the book, the severity, etc. Wasn't there recently a grader volunteering to answer Forum questions? I knew I should have written that name down.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Just because it's written in the notes doesn't mean it's being counted as a detriment. It may be just a pertinent notation.

Maybe one of the graders could answer this question about distribution ink, if it matters if present, if it matters more depending on where it is on the book, the severity, etc. Wasn't there recently a grader volunteering to answer Forum questions? I knew I should have written that name down.
there is and a “finalizer” at that which sounds really important and scary.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Synonym for Terminator?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Oh, I think I found his link. Maybe @Wade_Story could weigh in.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Synonym for Terminator?
it’s Wade_Story and the termi has a stickied thread

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@desslocktx we cover this every few months. Distributor ink will only impact grading if excessive/material amount of ink it used. However, it may be stated as part of the notes.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@desslocktx we cover this every few months. Distributor ink will only impact grading if excessive/material amount of ink it used. However, it may be stated as part of the notes.

Yeah... I've seen some where the ink is running down the back cover. In that case 100% is has an impact. If however it's the normal little dab on the top of the pages then all is good!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Does it affect the grade? Not in most situations.
Can it affect the grade? Absolutely. If it is excessive or unsightly.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Seen them both ways, sometimes not a big deal, sometimes they go almost halfway down the page.

Pretty sure drinking was involved.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Seen them both ways, sometimes not a big deal, sometimes they go almost halfway down the page.

Pretty sure drinking was involved.

🤣🤣🤣
Post 13 IP   flag post
615415 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?