Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

FS: Modern Age drek, fillers, keys, odds & ends, yada yada yada!!! :)20480

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel Fanfare #1, wrap-around cover. This issue features Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, X-Men, and many others. It also features the 1st appearance of Vertigo.

FN/VF, give or take; off-white pages. This one was difficult to grade, even though a press will help. The staples show a couple spots of oxidation/rust, but the interior wraps are the problem. They all show foxing from one degree to another, but the comic shows no signs of moisture damage. I've not seen this much foxing, but it is mild. The pages still look pretty glossy, which is kind of odd. I've provided a scan of the worst of it.

$8

Post 251 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel Fanfare #2. This issue retells the origin of the Fantastic Four in flashback, as well as the 1st solo story with Mr. Fantastic.

VF, maybe better; off-white pages. This one would benefit from a press, but there are a couple spots of ink wear along the spine.

$8

Post 252 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #4, wrap-around cover. This issue features X-Men and Ka-Zar.

FN/VF, maybe better; off-white pages. This one looks pretty good, but the top edge of the front shows light ink wear near the right corner. The back shows either soiling or very mild foxing along the top edge of the white background.

$6

Post 253 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #5, wrap-around cover. This issue features Dr. Strange and Captain America.

VF-, or better; off-white pages. A press will help a bit, but the top right corner of the front has an ink-breaking bend crease. The back shows some light soiling along the spine.

$5

Post 254 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #7. This issue features Hulk, Blob, and Daredevil.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages. The back could use a good cleaning.

$4

Post 255 IP   flag post

Marvel Fanfare #8. This issue features Dr. Strange and Wolf Boy.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages. This one could use a clean and press.

$4

Post 256 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #9. This issue features Man-Thing, Howard the Duck, and Jungle Book characters.

VF-, or better; off-white pages. A clean/press will help a bit, but the back shows some very light wear along the top edge, in spots.

$5

Post 257 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #2 (2nd series). This issue features appearances by Hulk, Wolverine, and Wendigo.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. The back shows a light vertical ‘scratch’ near the top spine corner that very lightly breaks the ink.

$3

Post 258 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #3 (2nd series). This issue features appearances by Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, and Wendigo.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Both covers shows extremely light ink rubs near the staples.

$3

Post 259 IP   flag post
Marvel Mangaverse: Ghost Riders, one-shot. This comic is a manga-inspired story, featuring Ghost Rider, Hellstorm, and Hulk.

VF+, or better. This comic also has a number of spine creases/ticks that will press out.

$2

Post 260 IP   flag post
Marvel Masterpieces Collection #2, limited series. The series reprints painted artwork from the card set by Joe Jusko. It also contains five pinups that weren’t originally released with the card set…Carnage, Doom 2099, Iron Fist, Thunderstrike, and Typhoid Mary.

VF, or better. There is one sizeable spine stress crease that lightly breaks ink. The crease goes though the page, but it isn’t torn. There's also a bit of spine wear near the top spine corner, back cover.

$3

Post 261 IP   flag post
Marvel Masterpieces Collection #3, limited series. The series reprints painted artwork from the card set by Joe Jusko. It also contains five pinups that weren’t originally released with the card set…Deadpool, Forge, Jubilee, Ravage 2099, and Scarlet Witch.

VF+, or better. A press will help, but there's very light ink rubbing on the front near the top page edge, left of Hulk's head.

$4

Post 262 IP   flag post
Marvel Masterpieces Collection #4, limited series. The series reprints painted artwork from the card set by Joe Jusko. It also contains five pinups that weren’t originally released with the card set…Cyber, Deathbird, Cannonball, Feral & Spider-man 2099

NM-, or better. A press will help straighten out a couple very mild edge rolls

$4

Post 263 IP   flag post
Marvel Premiere #61, featuring Star Lord (newsstand). This comic is the last issue in the series.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. A clean/press will help a bit.

$12

Post 264 IP   flag post
Marvel Shadows and Light, Featuring Wolverine. This is a one-shot story in black and white. Dracula and Blade make an appearance.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help, but the spine shows light wear in spots, and the front shows some very light ink rubs in spots along the spine.

$2

Post 265 IP   flag post
Marvel Spotlight #7 (2nd series)(newsstand). This issue features Star-Lord, as well as cover art by Frank Miller.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The scans speak for themselves. A clean/press will improve this one.

$15

Post 266 IP   flag post
Marvel Spotlight: The Dark Tower. This book previews the Stephen King comic series adaptation.

VF, or better. The back shows production wrinkling on the top page edge, while both covers show a light vertical ‘tracing’ line/indentation close to the spine. These can be pressed out.

$3

Post 267 IP   flag post
Marvel Spotlight: Marvel Zombies/Mystic Arcana. This book previews character features and creator interviews.

VF, or better. This comic will definitely benefit from a press.

$2

Post 268 IP   flag post
Marvel Super-Heroes: Secret Wars #12 (newsstand). This book is a double-size issue, ending the 12-part 1985 Secret Wars limited series.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages. A clean/press should help some.

$12

Post 269 IP   flag post
Marvel Tales #103 (1979). This issue features Spider-Man, along with Kangaroo and the Human Torch.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages. The biggest defect is the writing on the front.

$3

Post 270 IP   flag post
Marvel Tales #254 (newsstand). This issue features appearances by Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, and The Orb.

I'm not bothering to assign a grade estimate to this book...it's a 'Reader', although it is intact. Plus, the production cut is horrendous.

FREE, with purchase

Post 271 IP   flag post
Marvel Tales #286 (direct). This issue features appearances by Spider-Man and Hobgoblin.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. The back shows very light ink rubs near the staples.

$2

Post 272 IP   flag post
Marvel Tales #286, metallic ink cover. Originally polybagged, this issue features Spider-Man and Hobgoblin. This variant was shipped with a companion 16-page book detailing the 1994 Spider-Man cartoon series, plus one of six different animation style prints included. It does NOT come with the original poly bag.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. This one will definitely benefit from a press. The extra goodies are in great shape.

$3

Post 273 IP   flag post
Marvel Tales #286, metallic ink cover. This listing is the same as the previous one, except the original polybag is also included.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. The back shows pressable defects from being in the polybag so long, but they will press out. The extra goodies look great.

$4

Post 274 IP   flag post
Marvel Team-Up #8 (2nd series, direct). This issue features appearances by Namor the Submariner and Doctor Strange.

FN, or better. Near the bottom staple is a tear through both covers, which also slightly tears the gatefold front cover. It does NOT affect the interior pages.

FREE, with purchase

Post 275 IP   flag post
Up next are a bunch of Marvel Zombies comics...some one-shots and a few mini series lots.
Post 276 IP   flag post
Marvel Zombies: Dead Days, one-shot (direct). This comic has a double gatefold cover, and is an homage to the double gatefold cover on X-Men #1 (1991 series) by Jim Lee.

VF+, or better. A press will help here, but the back shows light scuffing to the gloss and/or ink near the bottom edge. It is hard to see.

$4

Post 277 IP   flag post
Marvel Zombies: Evil Evolution, one-shot. This comic features apes vs zombies.

VF/NM, or better. A press will help, but the back cover shows a very light ink rub near the top staple.

$6

Post 278 IP   flag post
Marvel Zombies: Marvel’s Greatest Comics (MGC) #1. This issue reprints Marvel Zombies #1, featuring Magneto and Spider-Man. The cover is an homage to Amazing Fantasy #15.

VF+, or better. A press will help here too, but the back shows a couple spots of very light scuffs to the gloss and/or ink.

$15

Post 279 IP   flag post
Marvel Zombies: The Book of Angels, Demons, and Various Monstrosities, one-shot. This comic features numerous profile pages.

VF+, or better. This is a nice looking comic. Unfortunately, both covers have a vertical tracing line/indentation near the spine that doesn’t break the ink. A press could get this one into NM territory, or higher.

$5

Post 280 IP   flag post
616242 392 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?