Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

FS: Modern Age drek, fillers, keys, odds & ends, yada yada yada!!! :)20480

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel Comics Presents #155 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Wolverine, War Machine, and the New Warriors. The comic also contains the original bound-in Marvel Masterprints promo card sheet.

NM-, or better; off-white to white pages. There are a few pressable spine creases/ticks. The promo sheet is in good shape.

$6

Post 226 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel Comics Presents #156 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, The Destroyer, Shang Chi, and the New Warriors.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. Give this one a press for a higher grade.

$3

Post 227 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #157 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Nick Fury, Shang Chi, and the New Warriors.

NM, or better; off-white to white pages. This is a great looking comic, but it does have a few production-related pressable defects, which if pressed should get the grade higher.

$5

Post 228 IP   flag post
That's all for now. I should be able to finish listing the rest on Thursday, or Friday at the latest.
Post 229 IP   flag post
This next sequential run is #159 to #171...13 comics total. I will sell them as a 'lot' for $32 shipped, or as individually priced.

Marvel Comics Presents #159 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Scarlet Witch, and Spiderwoman.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will improve the looks, but the spine shows some light wear.

$3

Post 230 IP   flag post

Marvel Comics Presents #160 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Hawkeye, Mace, and the New Warriors.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The spine corners show some light wear and/or very mild drop damage.

$2

Post 231 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #161 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Hawkeye, Mace, U.S. Agent, and Slapstick.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. The one definitely needs a press, which should improve the grade.

$2

Post 232 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #162 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Mace, the New Warriors, and Tigra.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help this one as well.

$3

Post 233 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #163 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, the New Warriors, Tigra, and Slapstick.

VF/NM, or better; off-white pages. Another great pressing candidate.

$3

Post 234 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #164 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Tigra, Man-Thing, The Thing, and Ant-Man.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. Too many pressable defects with this one for me to grade higher.

$3

Post 235 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #165 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Tigra, Man-Thing, and Mr. Fantastic.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. The Man-Thing cover shows some very mild wrinkling along the right page edge.

$3

Post 236 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #166 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Man-Thing, Scarlet Witch, and Spiderwoman.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. This one looks great, but the Vengeance cover shows a couple spots of very light ink rubs along the spine. They are hard to see.

$3

Post 237 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #167 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Man-Thing, War Machine, and Spiderwoman.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. This one will definitely benefit from a press because of all the production waviness, wrinkling, etc.

$2

Post 238 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #168 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Black Bolt, The Inhumans, and Spiderwoman.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. Another good pressing candidate, especially with the spine/stacking roll.

$3

Post 239 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #169 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Mandarin, Force Works, and Spiderwoman.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help a bit, but the Force Works cover shows light ink rubs near the top staple.

$3

Post 240 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #170 (direct). This issue features Vengeance, Force Works, Scarlet Witch, and Spiderwoman.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. This one will definitely grade higher after a press.

$3

Post 241 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #171. This issue features Vengeance, Nick Fury, Scarlet Witch, and Spiderwoman.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. Again, another good pressing candidate because of the production wrinkling at the top edge of the Force Works cover.

$2

Post 242 IP   flag post
The last four issues in the Marvel Comics Presents series are listed separately instead of as a 'lot'. They are hard-to-find, major/minor keys, or unique comics that are priced higher. Apparently, most or all of these four issues have a lower print run because of the series ending. Of course, I'm always open to reasonable offers...just message me.
Post 243 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #172. This issue features the 1st appearances of Lunatik and Skreet.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. I can't in good conscience give this one a much higher grade because the Lunatik cover shows an extremely light and small ink rub near the top staple.

$15

Post 244 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #173. This issue appearances by Lunatik, Skreet, Vengeance, Stingray, Nick Fury, and Silver Surfer.

NM-, or better; off-white to white pages. I've graded this one higher but a press will still help the production issues.

$12

Post 245 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #174. This issue appearances by Lunatik, Skreet, Vengeance, Devil Dinosaur, Moon Boy, Excalibur, and Silver Surfer.

NM-, or better. Again, a press will improve the grade.

$12

Post 246 IP   flag post
Marvel Comics Presents #175, final issue. The comic features appearances by Lunatik, Skreet, Vengeance, New Genix, Steel Raven, and numerous other Marvel characters.

This issue is difficult to find, from my research, and the New Genix cover appears to be the first time that Marvel characters appear as zombies, with that cover art done by Steve Lightle.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. There are a number of spine creases/ticks that will press out, but a few very lightly break ink.

$60 (or best offer)

Post 247 IP   flag post
That's all for now. I'll have some odds & ends to list soon, but I may not get back to the thread until next week. I'm going through a 3-month long process (so far) of getting hired on with my county Sheriff's office. I'm taking a polygraph test Friday, then a physical exam next Monday. I'll be busy, but I'll finish up soon.
Post 248 IP   flag post
I've got some time before my job physical exam today, so I'm going to list more goodies. This thread should be finished this week.
Post 249 IP   flag post
Marvel Dabel Brothers Sampler one-shot. This comic shows story samples of then upcoming comics and artwork, to include Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter.

NM-, or better. There's some mild production waviness that will press out.

$3

Post 250 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #1, wrap-around cover. This issue features Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, X-Men, and many others. It also features the 1st appearance of Vertigo.

FN/VF, give or take; off-white pages. This one was difficult to grade, even though a press will help. The staples show a couple spots of oxidation/rust, but the interior wraps are the problem. They all show foxing from one degree to another, but the comic shows no signs of moisture damage. I've not seen this much foxing, but it is mild. The pages still look pretty glossy, which is kind of odd. I've provided a scan of the worst of it.

$8

Post 251 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #2. This issue retells the origin of the Fantastic Four in flashback, as well as the 1st solo story with Mr. Fantastic.

VF, maybe better; off-white pages. This one would benefit from a press, but there are a couple spots of ink wear along the spine.

$8

Post 252 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #4, wrap-around cover. This issue features X-Men and Ka-Zar.

FN/VF, maybe better; off-white pages. This one looks pretty good, but the top edge of the front shows light ink wear near the right corner. The back shows either soiling or very mild foxing along the top edge of the white background.

$6

Post 253 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #5, wrap-around cover. This issue features Dr. Strange and Captain America.

VF-, or better; off-white pages. A press will help a bit, but the top right corner of the front has an ink-breaking bend crease. The back shows some light soiling along the spine.

$5

Post 254 IP   flag post
Marvel Fanfare #7. This issue features Hulk, Blob, and Daredevil.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages. The back could use a good cleaning.

$4

Post 255 IP   flag post
616242 392 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?